Paris Brown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Paris Brown
The story has really fucked me off! A 17 year old appointed to a youth PCC post has had to resign from her job after 6 days because some fucking pricks who have nothing better to do with their time than to cause as much trouble as they can for no reason have taken issue with some tweets she made when she was 14.

I'm just staggered at how ridiculous this is, even for Britain. If you scrutinised every teenager in the world you wouldn't find a single one who hadn't said/written something stupid to try and show off to their friends. You'd also find that many teenagers appear to hold views that would horrify them in later life. This is because they are just opening their eyes to the world and finding their feet in life, they've not had a chance to experience the world or form proper views on most things. The most painful part is that everyone who has condemned her will have said/done something stupid as a teenager yet chosen to conveniently forget that in favour of acting like the second fucking coming of Christ.

As I said on facebook, everyone who has criticised her should be thrown off a tall building.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 06:10 PM by FSM_scot.)
RE: Paris Brown
Wasn't the whole thing that she made homophobic and racist comments?

As someone in a position were they are the representative of youths of different backgrounds they shouldn't be making anti whatever comments anyway.

Can you fairly represent people you could be discriminating against?

I've not seen the comments nor do I care enough to look them up so I cant say one way or the other if they are really bad, but if they were discriminatory then she shouldn't be in that job.

[edit] oh it was before she even got the job, Yeah the response is over the top, If anything they should see what her current views were before doing anything.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
09-04-2013, 06:10 PM
(09-04-2013 05:59 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Wasn't the whole thing that she made homophobic and racist comments?

As someone in a position were they are the representative of youths of different backgrounds they shouldn't be making anti whatever comments anyway.

Can you fairly represent people you could be discriminating against?

I've not seen the comments nor do I care enough to look them up so I cant say one way or the other if they are really bad, but if they were discriminatory then she shouldn't be in that job.

If we wrote off everyone who made a comment that could be deemed 'racist' or 'homophobic' in their teens for the rest of their lives then we wouldn't have anyone left. Literally, no one. Between the peer pressure on teens to be more polarised on such subjects, the lack of properly formed social and political ideas at that age, their desire to impress their peers, and the response of people in this country to call everything and anything either racist, sexist, or homophobic we would be literally condemning 100% of the population.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah I had to edit my original post when I saw when the comments were made.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
09-04-2013, 06:18 PM
(09-04-2013 06:11 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yeah I had to edit my original post when I saw when the comments were made.

I put my comment about people criticising her being thrown off buildings on facebook. That's a potential irony waiting to happen if I ever get given a job in the public eye. I can see it now "people call for resignation of man who previously made facebook comment criticising people who call for resignation of others based on previous facebook comments". Big Grin

Best
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
09-04-2013, 08:34 PM
(09-04-2013 06:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 06:11 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yeah I had to edit my original post when I saw when the comments were made.

I put my comment about people criticising her being thrown off buildings on facebook. That's a potential irony waiting to happen if I ever get given a job in the public eye. I can see it now "people call for resignation of man who previously made facebook comment criticising people who call for resignation of others based on previous facebook comments". Big Grin

Add a note to your FB post:

Note to future investigators of my background: go fuck yourselves then jump off a tall building!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post