Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.
(29-01-2015 04:00 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Originally copied from FACEBOOK PAGE Ex-Muslims of North America here
https://www.facebook.com/exmna?fref=nf

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...ition.html

The artist withdrew it not the museum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2015, 12:13 AM
The artist is a muslim. She knows what the pricks are capable of.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Well, since the artist pulled her work, I'd like to make my own submission.

Some paintings, some pics, of BDSM with a female dominatrix and Muhammad as the sex slave, and also some bisexual threesomes with his holiness getting his asshole plowed by another man. And when passersby walk past my gallery, Rihanna's "Cockiness" would be playing in the background. "Suck my cockiness, lick my persuasion." Fuck those bastards.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
30-01-2015, 03:57 AM
Imabine you are in charge of two children.

One child was goading the other child, so there was a fight between them. You break up the fight between them yet they still stay hostile to one another. You begin to notice the goading has started again in subtle ways. Whilst you empathise with the childs right to say what it wants, what it feels, you dont wish for another fight to break out between them and you dont want the second child hurt, nor to feel hurt, so what do you do?

When you remove yourself, all the whys and the whats, we are all just bickering children.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
30-01-2015, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 06:07 AM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(29-01-2015 06:57 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 06:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sure let us destroy every muslim, including the ones who are completely innocent and who I call my friends, because they are muslim.

Sarcasm aside, yes it is the least immediate damage.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So are you saying that this is a justification to get rid of muslims or they don't count it they don't do anything?

Oh and that face is mine mate.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-01-2015, 06:21 AM
The situation in Europe is really depressing. Those of us who are critical of Islam are not allowed to speak out. Twitter accounts get blocked, if any body complains again anti-Islamic things such as art or food etc then the government ALWAYS gives in.

It's a shame because it's not fair on the muslims who enjoy a secular, plural society. One thing to be optimistic about is that they are starting to speak out.

It's easy to blame muslims for the whole situation, but the governments and psuedo-liberals are actually the ones at fault for these kinds of situations. I think it was Hitchens who spoke about it consistently as, "the citizens opening the gates for the barbarians". The barbarians need not break in. That is exactly what has happened.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
30-01-2015, 06:22 AM
(30-01-2015 03:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  Imabine you are in charge of two children.

One child was goading the other child, so there was a fight between them. You break up the fight between them yet they still stay hostile to one another. You begin to notice the goading has started again in subtle ways. Whilst you empathise with the childs right to say what it wants, what it feels, you dont wish for another fight to break out between them and you dont want the second child hurt, nor to feel hurt, so what do you do?

When you remove yourself, all the whys and the whats, we are all just bickering children.

This analogy doesn't really work. This wasn't something dedicated to insulting one personal person, this was dedicated to insulting an idea.

Either way, if the form of "goading" was something incredibly stupid and pointless, I'd decide it was high time the second kid learned to grow the hell up. Especially if the second child had a history of bullying people into doing what they want.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
30-01-2015, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 06:29 AM by Brian37.)
(30-01-2015 03:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  Imagine you are in charge of two children.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. If you are saying they are acting like children you are right, but when you are an adult you should know better. This is for the religious leaders and the Pope especially with his "Don't pick on my mother" crap.

That is as bad an analogy as the Pope "You don't have the right to pick on anyone's religion(mother)"

Again, hiding behind this crap on the part of ANY RELIGION is not designed to foster civility, it is designed for the power to get you to ignore their transgressions.

Your analogy hurts the oppressed, it does not help them. It really is giving religion cover to do horrible things to each other.

When you have children they grow up, why should religion or religious people be treated like children? In reality when you are an adult you know 7 billion humans will not always say nice things about each other.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-01-2015, 06:27 AM
(30-01-2015 03:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  Imabine you are in charge of two children.

What you've just tried justifying has really hurt my feelings.

Delete it, please. I might lash out on somebody because of my anger.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 2 users Like SunnyD1's post
30-01-2015, 08:15 AM
I havent tried to "justify" anything and I wont be deleting my post, I apologise if it offends anybody but it wasnt posted with malice.

Unless your post was clever sarcasm...

Our species throughout history has found justifications to hurt and opress one another, all of this bullshit recently is just the tip of the iceberg, hence why in my last post i said " once you remove yourself " You could go down long routes of exploring where all of this started, the events that lead up to today and what we are discussing. Some people would agree and im sure some may differ but there is no "definitive" answer. That is why in my last post i said "remove the whys and the whats"

Its just another group of psychopathic people trying to opress another group of people who are trying to justify hate as free speech.

So yes, i think as a species we are all like bickering children, fighting over fairytales and trying to justify them, in other words, its all bullshit, stupid and pointless.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.