Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2015, 08:29 AM
RE: Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.
(30-01-2015 08:15 AM)bemore Wrote:  I havent tried to "justify" anything and I wont be deleting my post, I apologise if it offends anybody but it wasnt posted with malice.

Don't worry, bemore. Lots of people seem to have trouble grasping the difference between explaining and endorsing.

(the rest, of course, was satire)

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2015, 08:46 AM
When the threat of violence dissuades free societies from ridiculing ideas they are no longer free.

At the moment France has abdicated its freedom to the Barbarians at the gate.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
30-01-2015, 09:09 AM
It's easy to criticize when the bullseye isn't painted on YOUR back......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-01-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm amazed by how many people are against free speech.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
30-01-2015, 10:40 AM
(30-01-2015 10:29 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I'm amazed by how many people are against free speech.

What do you mean? Oh, about the whole taking down the art thing. Look man we are not against free speech, but that doesn't mean that they should have kept the pictures up. Would you rather more people die because they didn't listen? I hope not. And it was a person that took it down, not the whole museum. On top of that she is herself muslim, meaning that she her self could have seen the offence for her and took it down. Just like we have free speech to have muhammad have sex with a man, there is free speech to remove something that might offend someone.

As stated we are not saying no free speech, but we(or at least I) am saying that what needs to be done must be done.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-01-2015, 11:04 AM
(30-01-2015 10:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 10:29 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I'm amazed by how many people are against free speech.

What do you mean? Oh, about the whole taking down the art thing. Look man we are not against free speech, but that doesn't mean that they should have kept the pictures up. Would you rather more people die because they didn't listen? I hope not. And it was a person that took it down, not the whole museum. On top of that she is herself muslim, meaning that she her self could have seen the offence for her and took it down. Just like we have free speech to have muhammad have sex with a man, there is free speech to remove something that might offend someone.

As stated we are not saying no free speech, but we(or at least I) am saying that what needs to be done must be done.

Where is the line drawn on what "offends" people? The religious should not have special rights. Nobody is free from criticism. Disgusting how spineless people are. "They may be offended so we must restrict our expression".

30-01-2015, 11:13 AM
(30-01-2015 11:04 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 10:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  What do you mean? Oh, about the whole taking down the art thing. Look man we are not against free speech, but that doesn't mean that they should have kept the pictures up. Would you rather more people die because they didn't listen? I hope not. And it was a person that took it down, not the whole museum. On top of that she is herself muslim, meaning that she her self could have seen the offence for her and took it down. Just like we have free speech to have muhammad have sex with a man, there is free speech to remove something that might offend someone.

Where is the line drawn on what "offends" people? The religious should not have special rights. Nobody is free from criticism. Disgusting how spineless people are. "They may be offended so we must restrict our expression".

It is not so much offending them that is the problem, it is what will happen when you do offend them that is the problem. Paris can make fun of islam, and if they go crazy and kill people, including kids, then what?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-01-2015, 11:24 AM
(30-01-2015 11:13 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 11:04 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Where is the line drawn on what "offends" people? The religious should not have special rights. Nobody is free from criticism. Disgusting how spineless people are. "They may be offended so we must restrict our expression".

It is not so much offending them that is the problem, it is what will happen when you do offend them that is the problem. Paris can make fun of islam, and if they go crazy and kill people, including kids, then what?

You really think giving them what they want is the best thing?

30-01-2015, 11:26 AM
(30-01-2015 11:24 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 11:13 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is not so much offending them that is the problem, it is what will happen when you do offend them that is the problem. Paris can make fun of islam, and if they go crazy and kill people, including kids, then what?

You really think giving them what they want is the best thing?

In this situation yes, as it will cause less death.

30-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Just wow.