Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.
(30-01-2015 11:26 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Just wow.

What do you suggest they do? Enlighten me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2015, 11:32 AM
(30-01-2015 11:29 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 11:26 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Just wow.

What do you suggest they do? Enlighten me.

Show them you will not be intimidated by threats. That's all you CAN do in this situations or else it shows them your are weak and willing to give them more elbow room.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
30-01-2015, 11:34 AM
(30-01-2015 11:32 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 11:29 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  What do you suggest they do? Enlighten me.

Show them you will not be intimidated by threats. That's all you CAN do in this situations or else it shows them your are weak and willing to give them more elbow room.

And when they attack anyway because you have nothing to defend yourself from their attacks?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-01-2015, 11:47 AM
(30-01-2015 11:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 11:32 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Show them you will not be intimidated by threats. That's all you CAN do in this situations or else it shows them your are weak and willing to give them more elbow room.

And when they attack anyway because you have nothing to defend yourself from their attacks?

I can't tell if you're being serious, are you?

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
30-01-2015, 12:08 PM
(30-01-2015 11:47 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 11:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And when they attack anyway because you have nothing to defend yourself from their attacks?

I can't tell if you're being serious, are you?

Yeah, bro this is france. What do you think france can take down those people in a minute? And if they did you think they would risk lives? Do you really think people should die just to look all "big and tough"? It won't work, there is some times you stand up and sometimes you shut up. That is the way it is. I ain't justifying that what the muslims did was wrong, but sometimes you go to do what ya got to do.

30-01-2015, 12:24 PM
If you give in to threats like this... More will be made because they will see that threats get results. Eventually freedom of speech won't exist anymore.

Zeke, if you don't shut up with your pandering to terrorists, I might do something violent and a lot of people could be hurt... Do you comply?
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-01-2015, 12:30 PM
(30-01-2015 12:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  If you give in to threats like this... More will be made because they will see that threats get results. Eventually freedom of speech won't exist anymore.

Zeke, if you don't shut up with your pandering to terrorists, I might do something violent and a lot of people could be hurt... Do you comply?

So they are supposed to go fight the muslims then, or does the muslim woman take it down. It is not even france it is one woman, and france said okay.

30-01-2015, 12:40 PM
(30-01-2015 08:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  When the threat of violence dissuades free societies from ridiculing ideas they are no longer free.

At the moment France has abdicated its freedom to the Barbarians at the gate.

"France" didn't do shit.

The artist made a personal decision.

... this is my signature!
30-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.
Not that I'm a famous artist, but I'm having the same conundrum. I'm all for Draw Muhammed Day, because, well, fuck them.

Here's the thing: it's great to sit here and for me to say yes, fuck the threats, fuck those extremist ass clowns, I have the right to criticize and ridicule religion.

On the other hand, who's going to defend me personally? What's to stop some random Muslim with a chip on his shoulder from shanking me or making a homemade bomb?

I have until May to figure it out. But yes I support everyone who is making that art. I also understand that for me and other artists I know it's not an abstract concept I read about in the paper.

No offense. I respect all of you here. It's more real for me than text on a screen or on paper.

(Maybe I should start this in Personal Issues?)
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
30-01-2015, 03:00 PM
(30-01-2015 12:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 12:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  If you give in to threats like this... More will be made because they will see that threats get results. Eventually freedom of speech won't exist anymore.

So they are supposed to go fight the muslims then, or does the muslim woman take it down. It is not even france it is one woman, and france said okay.

It was her decision, and I'm fine with her having a choice. If it was the museums decision, it would be worse, silencing an artist's freedom of speech.

While I'm fine with her having a choice, I certainly don't appreciate her decision. Since the museum let her decide whether or not to pull the piece, she very well could have left it to be displayed. As a small, mobile target, she almost certainly would be safe... Not worth the effort. Terrorists would likely aim for the museum as the target, and in this case, if they were willing to allow its display, at least they (museum) support freedom of speech and expression.
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post