Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2015, 06:02 PM
RE: Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art.
(30-01-2015 05:54 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 05:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Guessing at this point you are miffed. It was more a jab at the people who say kill all muslims, not muslims.

No. If she wants to put it down she can.

Okay, let's try get this straight. Do you support the freedom to blaspheme even if it may result in violence on the behalf of whose religion is being insulted?

Sorry but for this I am conflicted. Do I support the right to blaspheme? Hell yeah. Do I want it to result in violence? No. If anything it is best to find a way to do both. Sometimes it is hard to do both. The violence part may result in death of many, including other Muslims. However people should have a right on what to say. Again sorry it was not yes or no, but I still can't find a good answer.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2015, 09:49 PM
(30-01-2015 12:40 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 08:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  When the threat of violence dissuades free societies from ridiculing ideas they are no longer free.

At the moment France has abdicated its freedom to the Barbarians at the gate.

"France" didn't do shit.

The artist made a personal decision.

Been thinking about this and you’re right.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-01-2015, 04:27 AM
(30-01-2015 06:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 05:54 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Okay, let's try get this straight. Do you support the freedom to blaspheme even if it may result in violence on the behalf of whose religion is being insulted?

Sorry but for this I am conflicted. Do I support the right to blaspheme? Hell yeah. Do I want it to result in violence? No. If anything it is best to find a way to do both. Sometimes it is hard to do both. The violence part may result in death of many, including other Muslims. However people should have a right on what to say. Again sorry it was not yes or no, but I still can't find a good answer.

I totally understand where you're coming from through this discussion, but I just can not bring myself to support the submission to the demands of an intolerant group of people. This empowers them and encourages them in the future to make such demands.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
31-01-2015, 05:55 AM
(31-01-2015 04:27 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 06:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sorry but for this I am conflicted. Do I support the right to blaspheme? Hell yeah. Do I want it to result in violence? No. If anything it is best to find a way to do both. Sometimes it is hard to do both. The violence part may result in death of many, including other Muslims. However people should have a right on what to say. Again sorry it was not yes or no, but I still can't find a good answer.

I totally understand where you're coming from through this discussion, but I just can not bring myself to support the submission to the demands of an intolerant group of people. This empowers them and encourages them in the future to make such demands.

This I can understand.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-01-2015, 07:32 AM
(29-01-2015 06:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 06:07 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Least damage in the long run would probably be along the lines of 100% eradication of the world Muslim population...

But I guess you mean least immediate damage.

Sure let us destroy every muslim, including the ones who are completely innocent and who I call my friends, because they are muslim.

Sarcasm aside, yes it is the least immediate damage.

That is called 'appeasement' and has a long history of miserable failure.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2015, 07:46 AM
(29-01-2015 04:30 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Where are their balls?

How about a big FUCK YOU Muhammad art display in response...

Freedom of speech and freedom of expression... those are worth fighting to the death over.

What you gotta remember is that people did die over it. 12 of them.
I would agree that it's worth fighting for but I would disagree that it is worth dying for.
And it's easy for us to say when it's not our lives at risk.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
31-01-2015, 08:57 AM
(31-01-2015 07:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 04:30 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Where are their balls?

How about a big FUCK YOU Muhammad art display in response...

Freedom of speech and freedom of expression... those are worth fighting to the death over.

What you gotta remember is that people did die over it. 12 of them.
I would agree that it's worth fighting for but I would disagree that it is worth dying for.
And it's easy for us to say when it's not our lives at risk.

Freedom of speech and expression are not worth dying for? Really?? I think that's a great disrespect for all those who have died and have been castrated and tortured throughout the ages in order that we, their descendants, could live in a world where we can exercise these freedoms. The only reason you're able to say that is because somebody had died fighting for your ability to say it.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 3 users Like SunnyD1's post
31-01-2015, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2015 09:10 AM by DLJ.)
(30-01-2015 03:04 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  ...
Do you live in an Islamic state?

If you've answered no to all of these, you'll be fine.

I answer "yes".

I was considering starting the country's first Atheist Meetup Group.

What do you think? Consider Should I?

@Nurse,
I am unfamiliar with the work of Muse. Are they big Dr Who fans?

Just curious.

Consider

31-01-2015, 09:56 AM
(30-01-2015 05:27 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 05:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I like how you are pro free speech, but you don't think that there will be to many dire consequences. I think educating them would be better.

Neville Chamerblain, is that you?!

Oh, hello, nonsensical Godwinning. Funny to see you here!

... this is my signature!
31-01-2015, 09:57 AM
(31-01-2015 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 06:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Sure let us destroy every muslim, including the ones who are completely innocent and who I call my friends, because they are muslim.

Sarcasm aside, yes it is the least immediate damage.

That is called 'appeasement' and has a long history of miserable failure.

"Never compromising on anything" doesn't have a great track record either.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post