Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2015, 04:10 AM
RE: Paris attacks
(14-11-2015 09:06 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Muslims have lost their right to humanity.

You too. Enough with your stupid racist, intolerant ramblings.

(14-11-2015 08:24 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Hey guys! I have a genius idea! Let`s bring more muslim migrants to Europe so they can kill all of us!

Yeah. A Syrian passport was found on one of the suicide bombers. Turns out those migrants were not just refugees, they were also not migrants.

I really hope you won't ever have to flee your country because of war. Or, on second thought, maybe you should. Maybe you should be forced to leave your country and end up in another one where you'll be considered a "fascist German nazi". See what you'll have to say about that.

(14-11-2015 08:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's a darn good thing that France has very strict gun control laws. Drinking Beverage

Oh, wait ... Consider

Yabut, how many gun-related assaults take place in France every year and how many in the US? Consider

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
15-11-2015, 06:04 AM
(14-11-2015 11:21 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 09:17 PM)adey67 hi Wrote:  Once you dehumanize a group of people you are only one short step away from gas chambers and crematoria

They dehumanised themselves.

Well I guess its time to fire up the ovens then ? What's next I mean why stop with the Muslims?
15-11-2015, 06:17 AM
(14-11-2015 09:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 09:06 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Muslims have lost their right to humanity.

Pretty sure like 0.0002% of Muslims are terrorists. That's like saying all Japanese people lost their right to humanity if three Japanese dudes suicide bombed something.
We can speculate on percentages as much as we want , I would suggest that we start with something that maybe we could make an educated guess on.

DISCLAIMER: What follows might not even make any sense whatsoever , certainly is not any kind of a scientific method , just putting it out there for discussion or to give people a reason to call me an idiot.

How many christians , percentage wise , would you say, are bigoted against islam and non christians in general?
All the racists, right wing nuts, all the people who actively support and even just personally condone actions against muslims and muslim countries, all the people who don't skip a beat hearing about muslim civilian victims or think "motherfuckers got what they deserve".

If we assume that this kind of bigotry , racism , intolerance and hatred is equally spread across the world and all religions, can we apply the same percentage to muslim population to come up roughly with the number, NOT of terrorist but of the people who actively or passively support , condone or just turn the blind eye to terrorist attacks?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
15-11-2015, 06:23 AM
(15-11-2015 04:10 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 08:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's a darn good thing that France has very strict gun control laws. Drinking Beverage

Oh, wait ... Consider

Yabut, how many gun-related assaults take place in France every year and how many in the US? Consider

Yabut that doesn't matter because imagine how many are prevented in the US by the presence of guns.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-11-2015, 06:32 AM
(15-11-2015 06:17 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 09:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Pretty sure like 0.0002% of Muslims are terrorists. That's like saying all Japanese people lost their right to humanity if three Japanese dudes suicide bombed something.
We can speculate on percentages as much as we want , I would suggest that we start with something that maybe we could make an educated guess on.

DISCLAIMER: What follows might not even make any sense whatsoever , certainly is not any kind of a scientific method , just putting it out there for discussion or to give people a reason to call me an idiot.

How many christians , percentage wise , would you say, are bigoted against islam and non christians in general?
All the racists, right wing nuts, all the people who actively support and even just personally condone actions against muslims and muslim countries, all the people who don't skip a beat hearing about muslim civilian victims or think "motherfuckers got what they deserve".

If we assume that this kind of bigotry , racism , intolerance and hatred is equally spread across the world and all religions, can we apply the same percentage to muslim population to come up roughly with the number, NOT of terrorist but of the people who actively or passively support , condone or just turn the blind eye to terrorist attacks?

Educated guess? Roughly 30,000 - 50,000 ISIS members in 2014 (1), Number of Muslims in the world, about 2.08 billion(2) , percentage of Muslims in ISIS is very miniscule, and not many support them either(3).

1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11...59239.html

2. http://muslimpopulation.com/World/

3. https://newrepublic.com/article/119857/p...ng-results

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-11-2015, 07:47 AM
(15-11-2015 06:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 06:17 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  We can speculate on percentages as much as we want , I would suggest that we start with something that maybe we could make an educated guess on.

Educated guess? Roughly 30,000 - 50,000 ISIS members in 2014 (1), Number of Muslims in the world, about 2.08 billion(2) , percentage of Muslims in ISIS is very miniscule, and not many support them either(3).

We are not talking about ISIS only but about all and every islamic terrorist and radical organization and the support for them.

And this is from the link you provided....

Nevertheless, there is a real difference between almost no support and no support at all. Since 3 percent of adult Egyptians say they approve of ISIS, that is nearly 1.5 million people. For Saudis, the 5 percent of adult nationals who support ISIS means over half a million people. And even in tiny Lebanon, 1 percent of adult Sunnis equals a few thousand ISIS sympathizers. In any of these places, this is enough to harbor at least a few cells of serious troublemakers.

That's more then 2 million only from 3 countries.

So even if we are talking about the support for ISIS only, be it a small percentage, we are still talking about millions of people.

If we add the support to every other islamic terrorist organization and radical group,lone extremists.... we are talking about tens of millions perhaps?

Question here is , should we not be worried based on the small percentage, or should we be worried based on the shier numbers ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
15-11-2015, 08:12 AM
(15-11-2015 06:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 04:10 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yabut, how many gun-related assaults take place in France every year and how many in the US? Consider

Yabut that doesn't matter because imagine how many are prevented in the US by the presence of guns.

That number of shootings prevented in the US because there were civilians with guns is probably pretty close to zero. It's possible, in any given year, there was a one off event, but generally this notion of a "good guy with a gun" saving the day is a myth. It doesn't happen.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
15-11-2015, 08:33 AM
I'm so sad and angry and frustrated. I don't want to live on earth anymore. I want to move to Mars right now. Times like this, I wish I was still delusional--that god will make it all right in the end.

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
15-11-2015, 08:52 AM
(15-11-2015 07:47 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 06:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Educated guess? Roughly 30,000 - 50,000 ISIS members in 2014 (1), Number of Muslims in the world, about 2.08 billion(2) , percentage of Muslims in ISIS is very miniscule, and not many support them either(3).

We are not talking about ISIS only but about all and every islamic terrorist and radical organization and the support for them.

And this is from the link you provided....

Nevertheless, there is a real difference between almost no support and no support at all. Since 3 percent of adult Egyptians say they approve of ISIS, that is nearly 1.5 million people. For Saudis, the 5 percent of adult nationals who support ISIS means over half a million people. And even in tiny Lebanon, 1 percent of adult Sunnis equals a few thousand ISIS sympathizers. In any of these places, this is enough to harbor at least a few cells of serious troublemakers.

That's more then 2 million only from 3 countries.

So even if we are talking about the support for ISIS only, be it a small percentage, we are still talking about millions of people.

If we add the support to every other islamic terrorist organization and radical group,lone extremists.... we are talking about tens of millions perhaps?

Question here is , should we not be worried based on the small percentage, or should we be worried based on the shier numbers ?

The first salient question is then, what does "approve" mean? What are these people actually doing? Are they doing anything? If we take as given that there are millions of supporters, then it is still only a tiny percentage of people who support them who have so much as lifted a weapon.

The second question is, what should anyone else do about it?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-11-2015, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 09:12 AM by bemore.)
What interests me is that in January, after the Charlie Hebdo shooting it was of course all over the media and was discussed on social media.

Pretty soon though, like many other subjects on the narcissistic and ego driven platform of facebook, it was soon forgotten about as everybody went back to posting selfies, sharing shit videos and other general bullshit.

Now though, after Fridays incident in Paris, it invites people to have a French flag superimposed over their facebook profile picture, as a temporary thing. What I find highly interesting is the amount of people who, given this choice, went with it.

This behaviour reminds me of the herd-like behaviour that happens in society. Sure, you can say afterwards that it was done to show your solidarity (even though you probably never post anything about other atrocities that happen all over the world on a daily basis) and it was done to show your support and that you "care" (I personally dont see changing your picture, a quite empty gesture, to show any of the above)

So wether it was done by design or by accident, every time you log onto facebook now and scroll down your newsfeed, you will see the French flag. Everyday whilst this temporary profile picture runs, France will be placed into your sub-conscious..... France.... France..... France.

Im not sure if the temp profile pic thing has been extended to American Facebook users, I know that its happening in Europe because everytime I log into facebook now this happens....

[Image: 11350961_1447485415557607_996470268_n.jpg]

EDIT: Except that is the wrong picture lol, let me find the right one.

2nd Edit: Ahaaaa

[Image: Q5pTZYV.jpg?1]

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post