Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: Paris attacks
(15-11-2015 03:54 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 03:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What would you have Girly do with that intel? How is it actionable?

Well Girly, like Thump I don't think worldwide genocide against Muslims is an acceptable answer. But it may be the only answer that is actually capable of ending the threat of Islamic terrorism in our lifetimes.

I'm thinking we kill off the Christians first. Muslims are easy to manipulate.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2015, 04:56 PM
(15-11-2015 01:04 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 03:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Citation required?

It would certainly help his case, yes.

As for my own:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/09/10/musl...st-groups/

[Image: EXTREM18.png]

Note that the only percentage over 60 is from Palestinians, who are currently fighting Israel:
[Image: EXTREM16.png]

I know it doesn't comport with the media views, but facts are facts.

The fact that my country is even in that list is extremely disturbing Unsure

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
15-11-2015, 05:13 PM
(15-11-2015 04:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 03:07 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  It's not 60% (a number I've never heard) but it's still a big problem.

[Image: Muslims%20that%20support%20terrorism_zpshetkczgr.png]

So a little more than 10% (about 71,000,000) of the Muslims in the countries listed support terrorism. Those countries contain less than half of the world's Muslim population. IF the same percentage of the rest of the Muslim population also supports terrorism that's another 87,000,000 plus. That's nearly 160 million people that support terrorism. About 2.26% of the world's population.

I can't read the image (I'm on my phone), but I'm wondering what is meant by "support".

It's the number of people that find suicide bombings acceptable often/sometimes form the chart you posted.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
15-11-2015, 05:16 PM
I do. The capacity of modern war machines to kill is practically unlimited if unrestrained by concerns over collateral damage.

15-11-2015, 05:17 PM
(15-11-2015 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm thinking we kill off the Christians first.

Do we have that many lions?

15-11-2015, 05:44 PM
(15-11-2015 12:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 11:59 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  We are actualy still paying our ww2 debts. And we pay them on time with every single cent.

You negotiated away 50% of your debt and amortized it over 30 years at 0% interest and paid only if West Germany ran a trade surplus, and that repayments were limited to 3% of export earnings. This gave Germany’s creditors a powerful incentive to import German goods, assisting reconstruction

But you ain't gonna offer Greece the same terms. Because you are murderous hypocritical dicks.

"But you ain't gonna offer Greece the same terms."

Good point.
You should post in the politics section more Girly.

(15-11-2015 08:58 AM)bemore Wrote:  What interests me is that in January, after the Charlie Hebdo shooting it was of course all over the media and was discussed on social media.

Pretty soon though, like many other subjects on the narcissistic and ego driven platform of facebook, it was soon forgotten about as everybody went back to posting selfies, sharing shit videos and other general bullshit.

Now though, after Fridays incident in Paris, it invites people to have a French flag superimposed over their facebook profile picture, as a temporary thing. What I find highly interesting is the amount of people who, given this choice, went with it.

This behaviour reminds me of the herd-like behaviour that happens in society. Sure, you can say afterwards that it was done to show your solidarity (even though you probably never post anything about other atrocities that happen all over the world on a daily basis) and it was done to show your support and that you "care" (I personally dont see changing your picture, a quite empty gesture, to show any of the above)

So wether it was done by design or by accident, every time you log onto facebook now and scroll down your newsfeed, you will see the French flag. Everyday whilst this temporary profile picture runs, France will be placed into your sub-conscious..... France.... France..... France.

Im not sure if the temp profile pic thing has been extended to American Facebook users, I know that its happening in Europe because everytime I log into facebook now this happens....

[Image: 11350961_1447485415557607_996470268_n.jpg]

EDIT: Except that is the wrong picture lol, let me find the right one.

2nd Edit: Ahaaaa

[Image: Q5pTZYV.jpg?1]

I'm with you on this one.
Stupid. I think it made sense for the gay thing. It was stupid than though but at least I got it. I didn't participate because it was stupid, but I understood it. But this is different, this is a mass murder. This isn't something you should be profiting from in the currency form of "facebook likes".

This trend of changing your facebook picture is gonna be with us for a looooong time I suspect. Which is disappointing because it does the same amount of good as "pray for paris".
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
15-11-2015, 07:49 PM
(15-11-2015 01:04 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 03:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Citation required?

It would certainly help his case, yes.

As for my own:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/09/10/musl...st-groups/

[Image: EXTREM18.png]

Note that the only percentage over 60 is from Palestinians, who are currently fighting Israel:
[Image: EXTREM16.png]

I know it doesn't comport with the media views, but facts are facts.

Thanks mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Haven't been online since before it happened. Should I bother reading the last 20 pages, or is it pretty much the same people taking the same stances as they always do?

'Murican Canadian
15-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Travelling north across the Sydney Harbour bridge.

[Image: ae42dd19-df9d-4ccd-ae3a-9763067a653d_zpso0e9x91u.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
15-11-2015, 08:42 PM
What ISIS really wants. The Atlantic, article.

Banjo.