Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: Paris attacks
This looks great!

[Image: Orpa%20house%20tricolour_zpsycnvoqwx.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2015, 09:29 PM
I know the French flag has those colors, but what is that and how does it normally look?
15-11-2015, 09:30 PM
(15-11-2015 09:29 PM)smeli Wrote:  I know the French flag has those colors, but what is that and how does it normally look?

That's the Sydney Opera House in Australia, it's usually all white.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
16-11-2015, 03:42 AM
(15-11-2015 08:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  That number of shootings prevented in the US because there were civilians with guns is probably pretty close to zero. It's possible, in any given year, there was a one off event, but generally this notion of a "good guy with a gun" saving the day is a myth. It doesn't happen.

I don't know what you mean by "saving the day." I've had a hell of a lot of clients who saved themselves from death or serious injury by blowing away a bad guy. Usually they have been women who have killed an abusive ex-husband or a rapist. That is not a myth.
16-11-2015, 03:43 AM
Questions have been raised about what "approve" and "support" means, in regards to the number of people supporting terrorism.

What does it mean to YOU in regards to the things you support and approve?

For me it means one or any of the following:

1. Simply being glad or happy to see the cause I support achieve success.
2. Helping the cause if the opportunity presents itself.
3. Actively looking for the opportunity to help the cause.
4. And finally , joining the action myself

So, what does it mean to support the terrorism in practical terms ?

Anything in the range from just fist pumping to learn of the terrorist action being successful, to not reporting your neighbor building bombs in his basement, helping the known terrorist hide from authorities, donating money to organizations funding terrorist actions, providing logistics and/or intelligence to terrorists, to finally becoming a terrorist yourself.
Obviously, actual terrorist do not fall from the sky, they are recruited from the ranks of supporters.

Most of the 160 million muslims who support terrorism will be just quietly nodding their heads or rejoice over the success of the terrorist attack in their privacy, but you need to be really naive to think that this kind of actions can be planned and executed without , at best turning a blind eye and at worst active support from ( part of ) the community.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
16-11-2015, 04:02 AM
This is a great thread, I am learning loads from everyone (maybe with one exception no prizes for guessing who that is) the differing view points are fascinating and eloquently projected by all. Thumbsup
16-11-2015, 06:49 AM
(15-11-2015 09:29 PM)smeli Wrote:  I know the French flag has those colors, but what is that and how does it normally look?

*facepalm*
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
16-11-2015, 08:56 AM
(15-11-2015 08:58 AM)bemore Wrote:  What interests me is that in January, after the Charlie Hebdo shooting it was of course all over the media and was discussed on social media.

Pretty soon though, like many other subjects on the narcissistic and ego driven platform of facebook, it was soon forgotten about as everybody went back to posting selfies, sharing shit videos and other general bullshit.

Now though, after Fridays incident in Paris, it invites people to have a French flag superimposed over their facebook profile picture, as a temporary thing. What I find highly interesting is the amount of people who, given this choice, went with it.

In Malaysia, I'm hearing almost total silence.

16-11-2015, 09:34 AM
(16-11-2015 08:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  In Malaysia, I'm hearing almost total silence.

Tacit approval? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2015, 09:41 AM
(15-11-2015 08:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 06:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yabut that doesn't matter because imagine how many are prevented in the US by the presence of guns.

That number of shootings prevented in the US because there were civilians with guns is probably pretty close to zero. It's possible, in any given year, there was a one off event, but generally this notion of a "good guy with a gun" saving the day is a myth. It doesn't happen.

If you mean mass shootings, it has happened.

What you seem not to know is that thousands of incidents of civilians with guns defending themselves occur every year.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post