Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 08:05 AM
RE: Paris attacks
(18-11-2015 08:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 07:52 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Exactly! That is the point. What can anyone do? I am concerned about what kind of knee jerk reactions the government leaders will have to show that they are doing something.

So long as it makes for interesting history for future generations, think of it as abstract art.

In 2204 it'll be old history.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 08:07 AM
(18-11-2015 08:05 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  So long as it makes for interesting history for future generations, think of it as abstract art.

In 2204 it'll be old history.

Which is precisely why we have to keep writing new chapters with more dramatic plots and higher body counts than the last. That's how sequels work. Didn't you watch Scream?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-11-2015, 08:08 AM
(18-11-2015 07:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My question is this: Why has America been so coy?

Jim Acosta from CNN got Obama all pissed off yesterday, asking him if he regrets calling ISIS a junior varsity team. He also asked him how he figures ISIS is contained, and why we can't go in there and just take these bastards out. Obama had no answer. I'm not exactly sure what Obama's problem is. Maybe he doesn't want to admit that pulling troops from Iraq was the wrong plan. Hoping that he can finish this last year and let the next guy take the risk of putting boots on the ground. But he's looking really weak right now, and its going to cost the dems the next presidential election.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-11-2015, 08:13 AM
(18-11-2015 08:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 07:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  My question is this: Why has America been so coy?

Jim Acosta from CNN got Obama all pissed off yesterday, asking him if he regrets calling ISIS a junior varsity team. He also asked him how he figures ISIS is contained, and why we can't go in there and just take these bastards out. Obama had no answer. I'm not exactly sure what Obama's problem is. Maybe he doesn't want to admit that pulling troops from Iraq was the wrong plan. Hoping that he can finish this last year and let the next guy take the risk of putting boots on the ground. But he's looking really weak right now, and its going to cost the dems the next presidential election.

Judging by the contractor buildup, I'd venture to guess things will pick up after elections. Not politically convenient to do it now, but nothing wrong with planning ahead and getting some civilian boots on the ground ahead of time to roll out the carpet.

'Murican Canadian
18-11-2015, 08:16 AM
I don't think Obama is to blame. GWB is really responsible. Obama is coy in sending in ground troops due to the mess made by Haliburton using GWB.

Obama has had a hard time dealing with the idiot Republicans. This is a fact the world knows.

Not wanting to waste young lives is to be commended really. But the GWB outfall may require it. However if the USA and Russia can get their collective shit together and get over the Stalin and McCarthy years, much could be done.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-11-2015, 08:54 AM
I just don't see how? Is such mess in Syria no one knows whos fighting whom anymore. Its obvious even from this thread that there is very little room for solution. I mean look at Germans are coming he is blaming everybody for ISIS including this
(17-11-2015 09:00 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  [quote='The Germans are coming' pid='896790' dateline='1447607780']
Fuck you. Pay your debts!
which is nonsense.
Blaming all muslims for ISIS is also stupid. Whos fighting against ISIS? The Kurds, they are Muslims, The Assads army, also Muslims, free Syrian Army, also Muslims.

What are you going to do? Nuke the entire region? No, you are not. Easy to type on your keyboard what you can or should or would do. Go do it...

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like izel's post
18-11-2015, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 09:34 AM by yakherder.)
I'm kind of a sucker for service animals, police/military dogs in particular. Not sharing this to in any way diminish the human loss, just to give respect to the animals who aren't always recognized for their contributions.

Two die in raid, including police dog

(edit: A photo in circulation, though authenticity is difficult to confirm)
[Image: 2E912A0500000578-3323495-Decorated_Seven...115796.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
18-11-2015, 11:03 AM
This whole thing has really fucked with my head.

Paris is the city, of all those in which I've lived, that I love the most. I know the areas so well where these things happened.

I read the Atlantic article posted twice before by others and it makes matters a little clearer but no less disheartening.

This morning I woke at 3am and was browsing the interwebs and stumbled across the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony.

I've never been into sports. I find most sports-persons to be generally narcissistic and tedious. I've never watched any Olympics before or any opening or closing ceremony.

I've finally realised how important the event is ...

... a statement of humanity's ability to unite and set aside their differences.
... a statement of civilisation against barbarism
... a bow to Greece as the origin of that civilisation

Fuck Islam and all it stands for.

It will be defeated. They can't kill us all.

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
18-11-2015, 11:25 AM
(18-11-2015 11:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This whole thing has really fucked with my head.

Paris is the city, of all those in which I've lived, that I love the most. I know the areas so well where these things happened.

I read the Atlantic article posted twice before by others and it makes matters a little clearer but no less disheartening.

This morning I woke at 3am and was browsing the interwebs and stumbled across the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony.

I've never been into sports. I find most sports-persons to be generally narcissistic and tedious. I've never watched any Olympics before or any opening or closing ceremony.

I've finally realised how important the event is ...

... a statement of humanity's ability to unite and set aside their differences.
... a statement of civilisation against barbarism
... a bow to Greece as the origin of that civilisation

Fuck Islam and all it stands for.

It will be defeated. They can't kill us all.

Spot on!

Odd, but the Olympics are the only sport related thing I do consistently watch. Blush

That's also why I get upset when politics interferes with the Olympic spirit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-11-2015, 11:37 AM
What I would like to know is who is buying all of the oil that ISIS are selling???

Maybe if bombs are going to start getting dropped, they should also bomb the people who are supporting ISIS indirectly by purchasing this cheap, stolen oil......

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post