Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Paris attacks
(18-11-2015 07:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Personally I'd like to see the US and NATO team up with Russia and go in and kick their arses. They don't even have an airforce. And air power is key and has been since WWI.

My question is this: Why has America been so coy? As well as NATO, Has ISIS done a cheap oil deal with them?

Something smells, and it isn't fish in Denmark!

They are a rag tag team of lunatic who burn drums. Yest the Allies defeated Hitler and the Jap's in 4 years???

Something is up. I think money is involved.

Also fear helps to control the populace. The Cold war is over. A new enemy is needed.

It took nearly 6 years to defeat Nazi Germany. Just sayin'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 12:10 PM
(18-11-2015 11:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This whole thing has really fucked with my head.

Paris is the city, of all those in which I've lived, that I love the most. I know the areas so well where these things happened.

I read the Atlantic article posted twice before by others and it makes matters a little clearer but no less disheartening.

This morning I woke at 3am and was browsing the interwebs and stumbled across the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony.

I've never been into sports. I find most sports-persons to be generally narcissistic and tedious. I've never watched any Olympics before or any opening or closing ceremony.

I've finally realised how important the event is ...

... a statement of humanity's ability to unite and set aside their differences.
... a statement of civilisation against barbarism
... a bow to Greece as the origin of that civilisation

Fuck Islam and all it stands for.

It will be defeated. They can't kill us all.

Back in ancient times, wars were suspended in the countries participating in the games. If the concept of peace and unity could be born in the minds of people who owned slaves 3000 years ago, there is hope for the future. Religion is dying. There is hope.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
18-11-2015, 05:30 PM
(18-11-2015 11:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This whole thing has really fucked with my head.

Paris is the city, of all those in which I've lived, that I love the most. I know the areas so well where these things happened.

I read the Atlantic article posted twice before by others and it makes matters a little clearer but no less disheartening.

This morning I woke at 3am and was browsing the interwebs and stumbled across the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony.

I've never been into sports. I find most sports-persons to be generally narcissistic and tedious. I've never watched any Olympics before or any opening or closing ceremony.

Did you see the intro to the England v France match the other day? Brilliant.

The philosophy of sport and has always interested me, I hope one day to be able to study it in detail and perhaps make something of it.

A great writer once referenced sport (I think he was talking about football in particular) as being the non-violent replacement for war in our species. It escapes me who this was, he put it so much more eloquently than I. There is so much depth one could explore on this topic!

I think the obligation the human species has to actual war, and violence, could be satisfied only with the participation in sport. It's the only world I can imagine there being no war in. A world of sport.

I wonder if there is a relationship between progressive societies and the standards of sport in those societies too. Even looking at it through historical context such as Archaic Greece and the development of "The Games" etc.

I'm blabbering lol.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
18-11-2015, 05:33 PM
(18-11-2015 07:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Personally I'd like to see the US and NATO team up with Russia and go in and kick their arses. They don't even have an airforce. And air power is key and has been since WWI.

My question is this: Why has America been so coy? As well as NATO, Has ISIS done a cheap oil deal with them?

They are a rag tag team of lunatic who burn drums. Yest the Allies defeated Hitler and the Jap's in 4 years???

Also fear helps to control the populace. The Cold war is over. A new enemy is needed.

It's a fatal mistake to think that ISIS are just a rag team team of lunatics. It's the same mistake that has allowed them to grow and become a threat. It's not about who has the best technology, it's about ideology.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
18-11-2015, 05:44 PM
(18-11-2015 05:30 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  

Did you see the intro to the England v France match the other day? Brilliant.

The philosophy of sport and has always interested me, I hope one day to be able to study it in detail and perhaps make something of it.

A great writer once referenced sport (I think he was talking about football in particular) as being the non-violent replacement for war in our species. It escapes me who this was, he put it so much more eloquently than I. There is so much depth one could explore on this topic!

I think the obligation the human species has to actual war, and violence, could be satisfied only with the participation in sport. It's the only world I can imagine there being no war in. A world of sport.

I wonder if there is a relationship between progressive societies and the standards of sport in those societies too. Even looking at it through historical context such as Archaic Greece and the development of "The Games" etc.

I'm blabbering lol.

The interesting rise of American Football via college football games in the late 1800s was that some of the earliest rivalries were literally, sons/grandsons/nephews of folks who fought in the Civil War playing against eachother. Kansas vs Missouri is still a big college rivalry today and it goes back to that point, which goes back to one of the first conflicts that caused the war.

Sweden still has plenty of Soccer/football and Hockey play around the nation. Though it is interesting I've heard in Norway they view Hockey as rather thuggish so it's not so popular there compared to Soccer. So in the comparable industrialized nations I'm not sure there is a difference in the more progressive ones.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-11-2015, 05:53 PM
(18-11-2015 11:37 AM)bemore Wrote:  What I would like to know is who is buying all of the oil that ISIS are selling???

Maybe if bombs are going to start getting dropped, they should also bomb the people who are supporting ISIS indirectly by purchasing this cheap, stolen oil......

The entire Europe is buying. It gets in to Turkey and then everywhere else from there. We unfortunately do not have the luxury paying $2 a gallon for gas, its $2.6 a LITER in my city as of right now. 1 gallon = 4 liters. If its going to make it tad bit cheaper, people will continue buying.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
18-11-2015, 05:58 PM
(18-11-2015 05:53 PM)izel Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:37 AM)bemore Wrote:  What I would like to know is who is buying all of the oil that ISIS are selling???

Maybe if bombs are going to start getting dropped, they should also bomb the people who are supporting ISIS indirectly by purchasing this cheap, stolen oil......

The entire Europe is buying. It gets in to Turkey and then everywhere else from there. We unfortunately do not have the luxury paying $2 a gallon for gas, its $2.6 a LITER in my city as of right now. 1 gallon = 4 liters. If its going to make it tad bit cheaper, people will continue buying.

And the middle men make it difficult to track with any kind of precision. If we want to start bombing ISIS oil benefactors, we might as well all just put on suicide vests.

'Murican Canadian
18-11-2015, 07:23 PM
(18-11-2015 12:10 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

Back in ancient times, wars were suspended in the countries participating in the games. If the concept of peace and unity could be born in the minds of people who owned slaves 3000 years ago, there is hope for the future. Religion is dying. There is hope.

And they competed naked. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-11-2015, 07:49 PM
(18-11-2015 07:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 12:10 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Back in ancient times, wars were suspended in the countries participating in the games. If the concept of peace and unity could be born in the minds of people who owned slaves 3000 years ago, there is hope for the future. Religion is dying. There is hope.

And they competed naked. Yes

Which made ice hockey quite entertaining.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-11-2015, 08:45 PM
(18-11-2015 05:33 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  

It's a fatal mistake to think that ISIS are just a rag team team of lunatics. It's the same mistake that has allowed them to grow and become a threat. It's not about who has the best technology, it's about ideology.

Well islam and xianity have been at war before. For over a 1000 years. Both still exist.

To think this is a World War as we know them is idiotic. I don't hear any bombers overhead. Giving them too much credit is also working in their favour.

As far as I can tell they are alienating everybody except other crazed lunatics. They even burn sets of drums because drums are anti islamic. So does that mean Omar Hakim is anti islamic???

Russia is not going to sell arms to ISIS. America may have been doing so already. I mean who are these "rebels"?

I have no idea and frankly don't care that much.

But this is not a world war. If you think it is, you need to pick up a book. Or perhaps watch this short lecture. And this is only one section of the 2nd world war.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.