Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: Paris attacks
(20-11-2015 09:47 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 05:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  The African campaign did not even begin until the Afrika Korps went in to help Italy in 1941.

Can't say that agree with that. The Italian 10th army had been decimated, and the Allied forces had captured 130,000 Italian POWs before they even asked the Germans for help. Rommel wouldn't arrive in Africa for other 5 months after that.

Quote:The Americans later entered with Operation Torch but were too inexperienced and suffered greatly at the hands of the Germans. It took about a year for America to really get that experience.

A few of the lessons learned by the Americans in Africa.

1. The new artillery shell radio fuses worked. Preset altitude controlled air bursts were devastating when used against infantry and lightly armored vehicles. They saved Patton's ass in Morocco.

2. The German 88 mm gun was something to respected.

3. Shallow slit trenches were suicidal when used as defensive positions against armor. They had the affect of positioning soldiers in a line which allowed tanks to simply drive down the trench killing anyone not fast enough to get out of the way.

4. British upper level commanders could be micro managers. They often issued orders which included specific tactics to be used by lower level units. This could affect the lower levels unit's ability to adapt to fluid battlefield conditions which could have a negative affect on both the offensive and defensive capabilities.

I can't answer this. My brain is not working properly.

Perhaps later. Sorry.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Paris attacks
Reprecussions from the extremist right wing is already happing here in Norway. A 21-year old (wishes to stay anonymous) was repeatedly stabbed by another man after asking him if he was a muslim.

[Image: ca792126f9e198d46998a4e1983e371d.png]

Quoted text says: "Called me 'muslim-fuck' and asked if I 'Remembered Paris'".

Can't provide an English article on it, sorry.
http://www.nrk.no/ostlandssendingen/spur...1.12664508

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply