Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: Paris attacks
(13-11-2015 09:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 09:09 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  I don't think that means what you think it means.Laugh out load

Maybe he meant euthanized?

Yea my bad, euthanize. Stupid chrome spell check.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2015, 10:30 PM
(13-11-2015 10:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 09:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe he meant euthanized?

Yea my bad, euthanize. Stupid chrome spell check.

I like "enthused" better.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Its a real shame what has happened in Paris. Unfortunately...I don't think terror will ever stop until we go extinct. Its a sad fucking world we live in.

I find it ironic that all these people are "Praying for Paris" when yet most Europe is atheist. I said Don't pray for Paris because all its doing is feeding the fire. You want to help? How about donating some fucking money that can actually physical help instead of talking to your imaginary friend.

I'm afraid these things will continue to happen more often. Every time I walk into a public area...I'm always thinking about the worse. What if someone starts shooting? Where is the nearest exit if I'm in a building. If I'm outside, where can I take cover and escape? I'm not a huge gun person, but damn I'm starting to think about carrying one. We shouldn't have to think about this stuff when we go out. You know, really...what is the point of even living anymore? I'm just tired of it. There is nothing we can do...its all fucked. My personal opinion, I think religion is one of the root causes of the way it is today.

If anyone had family or friends in Paris, I hope they made it out okay.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
[+] 2 users Like nerwin's post
13-11-2015, 11:07 PM
And everyone here calling for "boots on the ground" - you're all going to sign up, right? I mean, you're not going to sit back like armchair tough guys and let someone else do it - right?

I'm not saying military action isn't warranted. We may be getting to that point, in fact. But don't think it's a simple matter of "stomping." The truth is, the only military action that can truly quell this is some kind of long-term occupation. Do you want that? Do you think the United States should bear the brunt of that? Do you think the United States can afford that?

And again, everyone who is so hot to trot - if you are under 39 years old, you better goddamn well be willing to go down to the recruiting station right now. If you think "other people" should do it, you are immoral fucks.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
13-11-2015, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 11:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-11-2015 11:07 PM)claywise Wrote:  And everyone here calling for "boots on the ground" ...

50 special ops warfighters on the ground with US intel and ground and air support could establish a perimeter control of the the entire middle east.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-11-2015, 11:15 PM
(13-11-2015 11:07 PM)claywise Wrote:  And everyone here calling for "boots on the ground" - you're all going to sign up, right? I mean, you're not going to sit back like armchair tough guys and let someone else do it - right?

Sadly... am too old and rail to do so. Sad

*Waves at the sprightly young Banjo* Tongue

(13-11-2015 11:07 PM)claywise Wrote:  I'm not saying military action isn't warranted. We may be getting to that point, in fact. But don't think it's a simple matter of "stomping." The truth is, the only military action that can truly quell this is some kind of long-term occupation. Do you want that? Do you think the United States should bear the brunt of that? Do you think the United States can afford that?

Well.. the world is a bigger place than just the States, y'know?

Maybe if a LOT of the world's nation's pitch in and yeah, kind of actually DO occupy the place so that the folks there CAN get maybe twenty or so years of calm, peaceful, developed, educated existence?

(13-11-2015 11:07 PM)claywise Wrote:  And again, everyone who is so hot to trot - if you are under 39 years old, you better goddamn well be willing to go down to the recruiting station right now. If you think "other people" should do it, you are immoral fucks.

Sadly, again, see above. Sad

Heart going out to all those hurt by this atrocity.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
13-11-2015, 11:35 PM
(13-11-2015 11:15 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Well.. the world is a bigger place than just the States, y'know?

Maybe if a LOT of the world's nation's pitch in and yeah, kind of actually DO occupy the place so that the folks there CAN get maybe twenty or so years of calm, peaceful, developed, educated existence?

Yes, precisely. It's why I ask those questions: I am not one who believes that the United States should be primarily responsible for this fight. Perhaps if it turns out ISIS really did take the Russian jet down, and the Paris attackers can be traced to one or another Middle East terror group, the (more) civilized world will come together and agree to do just as you say.

But I am totally disgusted by keyboard warriors. I've spent the past five years working on a project through which I interviewed scores of active-duty military and veterans, and as one said to me in response to an idiotic country song calling for "us" to go get 'em, "I hear the Army and Marines are hiring."

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
13-11-2015, 11:41 PM
(13-11-2015 11:07 PM)claywise Wrote:  And everyone here calling for "boots on the ground" - you're all going to sign up, right? I mean, you're not going to sit back like armchair tough guys and let someone else do it - right?

I'm not saying military action isn't warranted. We may be getting to that point, in fact. But don't think it's a simple matter of "stomping." The truth is, the only military action that can truly quell this is some kind of long-term occupation. Do you want that? Do you think the United States should bear the brunt of that? Do you think the United States can afford that?

And again, everyone who is so hot to trot - if you are under 39 years old, you better goddamn well be willing to go down to the recruiting station right now. If you think "other people" should do it, you are immoral fucks.

I'm over 39 and I'd go.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-11-2015, 11:48 PM
(13-11-2015 11:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm over 39 and I'd go.

I am too, and I feel the same way. But I know that's cheap, because it ain't happening. Nonetheless, this shit makes me want to fight.

13-11-2015, 11:53 PM
(13-11-2015 11:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  50 special ops warfighters on the ground with US intel and ground and air support could establish a perimeter control of the the entire middle east.

You are one smart guy, based on reading your posts at TTA.

But in this, you are wrong. The problem is too diffuse. Occupation really is the only way to keep a lid on this long-term, and the costs of that are high.

This sounds terribly immoral - and probably is - but I'm starting to agree with those who say we need to take off the gloves and just bomb the living fuck out of a few ISIS-controlled towns, total destruction.

Reading Max Hastings' "Inferno," about some less-examined aspects of WWII. At the time, it was widely recognized that the Allies were losing until they finally shed their reservations and decided to fight total war.

Time to visit wholesale terror and destruction on those committing violence in the name of imaginary deities? ISIS might - just might - change its tune about "wanting" the West to go to war if true, full-scale technological warfare was visited upon it.

But maybe my emotions are getting the better of me.