Paris attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 11:54 PM
RE: Paris attacks
(13-11-2015 11:48 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 11:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm over 39 and I'd go.

I am too, and I feel the same way. But I know that's cheap, because it ain't happening. Nonetheless, this shit makes me want to fight.

Let's get some other old farts with guns and charter a plane or two. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-11-2015, 12:05 AM
(13-11-2015 11:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 11:48 PM)claywise Wrote:  I am too, and I feel the same way. But I know that's cheap, because it ain't happening. Nonetheless, this shit makes me want to fight.

Let's get some other old farts with guns and charter a plane or two. Big Grin

Real life The Expendables.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-11-2015, 12:06 AM
[Image: tumblr_nhx37lhdWR1ss7ixao1_500.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
14-11-2015, 12:40 AM
(13-11-2015 11:53 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 11:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  50 special ops warfighters on the ground with US intel and ground and air support could establish a perimeter control of the the entire middle east.

You are one smart guy, based on reading your posts at TTA.

But in this, you are wrong.

Everything I post is to promote jocularity. Tongue

#sigh
14-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Quote:And everyone here calling for "boots on the ground" - you're all going to sign up, right?

I never called for boots on the ground, I believe the Kurds and Iraqi forces can handle that.
I'm just pro flattening them into the ground with jets. And yes, I would sign up to fly one of those jets around, if you have the clipboard I'll bring the pen and sign at the dotted line.
14-11-2015, 02:07 AM
It's all very sad. I really have no other words.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-11-2015, 02:46 AM
I am sick and tired of these disgusting sand monkey animal savages!!!

It is time to pack them into trains and ship them back to their filthy deserts!!!!!!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
14-11-2015, 03:12 AM
[Image: tumblr_nhx37lhdWR1ss7ixao1_500.jpg]

The eternal city of love. Attacked by the cult of evil.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
14-11-2015, 03:40 AM
(13-11-2015 11:35 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 11:15 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Well.. the world is a bigger place than just the States, y'know?

Maybe if a LOT of the world's nation's pitch in and yeah, kind of actually DO occupy the place so that the folks there CAN get maybe twenty or so years of calm, peaceful, developed, educated existence?

Yes, precisely. It's why I ask those questions: I am not one who believes that the United States should be primarily responsible for this fight. Perhaps if it turns out ISIS really did take the Russian jet down, and the Paris attackers can be traced to one or another Middle East terror group, the (more) civilized world will come together and agree to do just as you say.

But I am totally disgusted by keyboard warriors. I've spent the past five years working on a project through which I interviewed scores of active-duty military and veterans, and as one said to me in response to an idiotic country song calling for "us" to go get 'em, "I hear the Army and Marines are hiring."

You've convinced me. I think people see the military as a tool for getting things done without looking at the human aspect of it.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
14-11-2015, 05:25 AM
Seems ISIS is taking credit.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze