Paris policeman and wife killed in possible Isis-linked terror attack
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/j...eath-paris

[Image: 2cn0KT.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: Paris policeman and wife killed in possible Isis-linked terror attack
So can we now say there is a problem with islam?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-06-2016, 12:27 AM
(13-06-2016 11:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So can we now say there is a problem with islam?

Radical Islam does preach and inspire this kind of attack - this is pretty much not contestable. The problem is that a lot of people, radical Islamists included, use this as an opportunity to demonise the entirety of Islam. The radical Islamists profit because if young Muslims feel that every man's hand is against them, they make easy targets for recruitment, and the hardline right-wingers profit because terror inspired policies cement their position - make it possible for them to grab for power, e.g. Donald Trump.

It's a stable situation, maintained by a feedback loop. Radical Islamists blow up people, the World goes bananas, more anti-Muslim (not anti-radical Muslim) policies are passed, Muslims - even moderate ones - are treated badly and demonised, resulting in resentment, they become radicalised, the situation repeats.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-06-2016, 12:31 AM
(14-06-2016 12:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 11:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So can we now say there is a problem with islam?

Radical Islam does preach and inspire this kind of attack - this is pretty much not contestable. The problem is that a lot of people, radical Islamists included, use this as an opportunity to demonise the entirety of Islam. The radical Islamists profit because if young Muslims feel that every man's hand is against them, they make easy targets for recruitment, and the hardline right-wingers profit because terror inspired policies cement their position - make it possible for them to grab for power, e.g. Donald Trump.

It's a stable situation, maintained by a feedback loop. Radical Islamists blow up people, the World goes bananas, more anti-Muslim (not anti-radical Muslim) policies are passed, Muslims - even moderate ones - are treated badly and demonised, resulting in resentment, they become radicalised, the situation repeats.

Radical muslims are the ones who blow shit up, mainstream muslims are the ones who endorse it or let it seem like it was a good thing. Hell most muslim countries still kill people for being homosexuals.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
14-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Yet another orphan in the world. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-06-2016, 12:46 AM
(14-06-2016 12:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Radical muslims are the ones who blow shit up, mainstream muslims are the ones who endorse it or let it seem like it was a good thing. Hell most muslim countries still kill people for being homosexuals.

... OK, but the difference between terrorists and non-terrorists is simply that one lot blow you up, and the other lot don't. If you give me a choice between creating more of the former or not, I'll take option 2.

I believe that if the demonisation stops then steps can be taken towards removing the claws of the religion itself. Women and other repressed groups are starting to make themselves heard in a lot of Muslim-dominated places. It can be done. Also despite these kind of misogynist and backwards attitudes that they hold, it's perfectly possible to get on with Muslims without weapons being involved.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-06-2016, 12:50 AM

I reckon there's been a "problem" with Islam in the developed Western world for decades now. Anybody who lives their life according to the instructions of a paedophile is a worry.

[Image: islam_quran812.jpg]

“Which way to the recruiting office?”

Sadcryface

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
14-06-2016, 06:34 AM
(14-06-2016 12:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Yet another orphan in the world. Sad

I'm surprised he let the kid live.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí