Partiality in UK universities & Anjem Choudary.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Partiality in UK universities & Anjem Choudary.
I've been in dismay recently about the amount of fascism and partiality in UK universities.

Firstly, there have a been a large number of things such as squelching of critical speakers, censorship of particular philosophers and now there is something I'd like to discuss in detail.

Anjem Choudary has been invited to Oxford to debate Radical Islam. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I'm inclined to say that it is, because every time I've seen him debate non-muslims he gets torn a new a-hole. Though when he debates other muslims he makes them look uneducated on the subject of Islam (which in itself speaks volumes).

What bothers me about this is whether or not universities would be willing to invite somebody on the opposite end of the spectrum to Anjem, like a far right skinhead who openly supports Breiviks actions and the actions of Kone etc etc.

The reason I'm in deep thought about this is because I've seen speakers that are nothing like Anjem, people who merely CRITICISE Islam, being censored. The UAF have also protested to the extent of having whole talks canceled (the name of that vile group is the very essense of doublespeak).

In Dublin recently there was a situation like this, here is the link: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/...-1.2149050
It's interesting because it even shows the contrasting speeches that have taken place and being ALLOWED to have taken place.

Is it a good thing for him to be invited by Oxford?

Is the current situation of university unions and campuses and their infringement of free speech an issue that needs addressing? Is it an issue at all?

Link for Anjem:
http://rt.com/uk/243549-oxford-union-anjem-choudary/

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply