Participate in my research study on atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-06-2011, 08:13 AM

Participate in my research study on atheists
Hi all,

I made sure to get permission from the administrator Stark Raving to post this thread. There is a serious lack of academic research on atheism and atheist online communities such as this one. To address this gap, I am conducting a study that would benefit greatly from the contribution of you guys. The study consists of an anonymous survey which should take you no longer than 10 minutes. The survey features questions about living as an atheist as well as questions about your participation in this forum.

I would be extremely grateful if you could complete the survey and I will definitely report back when the study is complete to let you guys know the results and conclusions. Additionally, if you have any questions for me, I would be glad to answer.

Here’s the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MYPNTH6

Thanks everyone.
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 08:46 AM
RE: Participate in my research study on atheists
LOL. This is the same one I just filled in on atheistforums.com Smile

I hope it goes well for you!

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Just to go on record, I took this survey (7 minutes to complete) and I fully endorse it. I'm always glad to see research being done on atheism.
My opinion as Administrator of this forum DOES NOT reflect the opinion of The Thinking Atheist website or that of it's owners.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2011, 09:08 AM
(02-06-2011 08:46 AM)oliethefolie Wrote:  LOL. This is the same one I just filled in on atheistforums.com Smile

I hope it goes well for you!

I just took it and was a bit surprised when the questions on "the forum" came up - simply because I was wondering how it the survey an differentiate between forums, unless otherwise specified...I took it generically vice specific to this forum.

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
02-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Seemed decent enough - hope my input helps.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Done! It was tricky for me answering the online questions because I've only been here a couple of weeks. Maybe that could have been a question. Or not- but it influenced my friend question, who knows maybe that answer will change in the next short while. Big Grin

Was fun though!
02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Done. I noticed that you took note of the gender. I haven't found any real stats, but it has always seemed to me that there are more male than female atheists. I'd be interested in particular in that number.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
02-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I've done the survey too. Actually it was kind of fun.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
02-06-2011, 06:03 PM
To UCC Researcher or to anyone that knows my leanings, can anyone do the survey? I don't want to do it if I'm going to poison the well.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
02-06-2011, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 07:13 PM by Efrx86.)
(02-06-2011 06:03 PM)Ghost Wrote:  To UCC Researcher or to anyone that knows my leanings, can anyone do the survey? I don't want to do it if I'm going to poison the well.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

It's not restricted to the US, if that's what you're concerned about. It even asks you which continent you're from. Plus, it asks a lot of personal questions that other people wouldn't be able to answer for you. It does assume from the start that you're an atheist though.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.