Participate in my research study on atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-06-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: Participate in my research study on atheists
(02-06-2011 08:13 AM)UCCResearcher Wrote:  Additionally, if you have any questions for me, I would be glad to answer.

Have you cleared this through a human use committee? Seriously, you could hurt someone with this. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Got a reply from Colombia! Big Grin

Hope it helps.Wink

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
02-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Matt, looks to me like it's geared to atheists, but I think you qualify. Most of it is about how atheism affects you socially, and your <beliefs?> qualify as heathen as the rest of ours.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
02-06-2011, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 10:00 PM by daemonowner.)
Considering I am in New Zealand, where it is relatively secular and there isn't really an opression of atheists, would my say be relevant?

EDIT: Done, it took me the length of about 2 Symphony of Science songs...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
03-06-2011, 12:43 AM
The gender choices were a bit lacking, but I am fine with female. Some of us don't fit that easily =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
03-06-2011, 12:55 AM
(02-06-2011 04:01 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Done. I noticed that you took note of the gender. I haven't found any real stats, but it has always seemed to me that there are more male than female atheists. I'd be interested in particular in that number.

I'd love to see the number too. This makes sense though. When studying cults, often the majority is female because they tend to be emotionally manipulated easier than male, so it makes sense for the opposite in athiesm.
03-06-2011, 01:02 AM
I had technical difficulties with the last page. I finished it though. the poll was also useful to troubleshoot my browser Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
03-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Just filled it out.

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told.
-George Carlin
03-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Done! I am interested in the comparison of results between America and Europe. Looking forward to when you publish your findings. Good luck!

Quote:"Religion poisons everything." - Christopher Hitchens
03-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I am not nearly as active in this community as I once was as I got tired of banging my head up against the wall of creationist visitors but I do wish this survey would expand to simply beyond the "This online community" Many of us got more active or had changed feelings about our Atheism due to accessing information both here and elsewhere online or otherwise.

It would be a smart thing to take into account.