Partition Plan for the British Isles

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
13-12-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Partition Plan for the British Isles
(13-12-2014 05:24 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Your solution to deal with the Scottish independence movement has neglected to include the vast majority of the population of Scotland including all the places that voted yes.

He didn't get any of the yes voting areas. Facepalm

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2014, 07:09 PM
(13-12-2014 05:24 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 04:44 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  First off, thank you for not fooling around at this, as everyone else seems to be. Even though the Scottish referendum failed there is still a large separatist movement in Scotland. Considering the history of the similar movement in Quebec in my own country, this topic is far from over. It only seems realistic to assume that if Scotland does succeed the Welsh and Cornish might want to do the same, and I have attempted to create a solution that would be acceptable to all parties.

Your solution to deal with the Scottish independence movement has neglected to include the vast majority of the population of Scotland including all the places that voted yes.

[Image: jesus-wepting.jpg]

That is because those are not Celtic areas.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
13-12-2014, 07:10 PM
(13-12-2014 07:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 09:39 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  [Image: aLluoQa.png]

Here is a concept partition plan for Britain I drew up. Parts of Scotland and Ulster are in the Englisc Leodemight because those are the Scots-speaking areas (Scots is an older form of English). What do you think of it?

Pointless and confused. Cornwall, Wales, and Scotland don't have much of anything in common.

Actually, Cornwall and Wales have much in common including their ancient Celtic languages. Of all the Celtic languages, Irish, Irish Gaelic, Scots Gaelic, Scots Clan Gaelic, Breton, Manx, Welsh, and Cornish... Welsh and Cornish are similar to each other as the Gaelic languages are similar to each other. Cornwall and Wales also share the same climate, rocky shorelines, vast grasslands, and bleak economy.

I'd keep Wales and Cornwall together, keep the Irelands together, give Scotland its own, because let's face it, they fucking earned it, and tell England to kindly piss off.

~incrédulité~
[+] 2 users Like sansdieux's post
13-12-2014, 07:12 PM
(13-12-2014 07:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 05:24 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Your solution to deal with the Scottish independence movement has neglected to include the vast majority of the population of Scotland including all the places that voted yes.

[Image: jesus-wepting.jpg]

That is because those are not Celtic areas.

The Welsh aren't Celts. Your partition is nonsense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2014, 07:17 PM
(13-12-2014 07:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 07:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  That is because those are not Celtic areas.

The Welsh are as Celtic as they come. In fact, they are thought to be the original Celts, possibly from the Basque region in Europe.

~incrédulité~
13-12-2014, 07:20 PM
(13-12-2014 07:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  That is because those are not Celtic areas.

What makes you think those areas of Scotland are more Celtic than others?

13-12-2014, 07:25 PM
(13-12-2014 07:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Wrong. Welsh is a Celtic language. The word Welsh is derived from the Proto-Germanic Walhaz meaning "Roman", or "Celt" (the Anglo-Saxons made little or no distinction between the Romance peoples and Celts). I'm not sure how much more Celtic you can get.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

13-12-2014, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2014 07:33 PM by Res Publica.)
(13-12-2014 07:20 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

What makes you think those areas of Scotland are more Celtic than others?

Because the areas I gave to the Englisc Leodemight are Scots speaking. Scots is a dialect of English. The lowlands (areas I gave to England) are also known in Scottish Gaelic as "a' Ghalldachd" (literally "the place of the foreigner").

13-12-2014, 07:28 PM
(13-12-2014 07:10 PM)sansdieux Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 07:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Pointless and confused. Cornwall, Wales, and Scotland don't have much of anything in common.

Actually, Cornwall and Wales have much in common including their ancient Celtic languages. Of all the Celtic languages, Irish, Irish Gaelic, Scots Gaelic, Scots Clan Gaelic, Breton, Manx, Welsh, and Cornish... Welsh and Cornish are similar to each other as the Gaelic languages are similar to each other. Cornwall and Wales also share the same climate, rocky shorelines, vast grasslands, and bleak economy.

I'd keep Wales and Cornwall together, keep the Irelands together, give Scotland its own, because let's face it, they fucking earned it, and tell England to kindly piss off.

I gave Ireland all it's land back except the Scots-speaking areas. And I cut off part of Scotland because I wanted to keep the Celtic Republic of Britain as Celtic as possible.

13-12-2014, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2014 08:08 PM by FSM_scot.)
(13-12-2014 07:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Because the areas I gave to the Englisc Leodemight are Scots speaking. Scots is a dialect of English. The lowlands (areas I gave to England) are also known in Scottish Gaelic as "a' Ghalldachd" (literally "the place of the foreigner").

The vast majority of the people in those areas don't speak a word of Gaelic. You'd have a hard time finding someone that spoke any language other than English. It tends to be the islands up north where you find the speakers.

The fact you are lumping areas together based on some fairly weak connection from centuries (Celtic connection we are talking >1000 years) ago shows you are absolutely clueless to the political and social landscape of Scotland. You also don't take into account the fact that people haven't stuck in the same area for hundreds of years.

If you are going to partition the UK it would make more sense to do it in terms of countries as they currently stand. 3out of 4 of them already have established governments.

You have pretty much pulled this from your arse. You have taken 2+2 and made 17. Its nonsense .

[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post