Party Platforms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2016, 06:55 AM
Party Platforms
Anyone who says they belong to a political party should be required to read the party platform.

It's sort of like a user end statement --- everybody agrees to abide by it, but nobody ever does read it.

I've gone and looked at the official party platforms for the ( R ), ( D ) and ( L ) parties.

ONLY the ( L ) platform actually said anything.

The R and D party platforms are HUGE multi-layered documents -- that are so fucking ambiguous -- they virtually ensure that nobody will every actually read them and try to decipher what the parties agenda is.

It's sorta like religion -- give 'em a bigassed book that really doesn't say anything in particular - and the followers will make up their own version of why it applies to them..................

The ( L ) platform is about 2 1/2 pages long. You can read it in a few minutes and decide if it's something you can go along with. I'm not saying that I agree with it. I'm just saying it's pretty obvious what they're about......

The other guys???

Not a clue. They don't want any of us to know...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Party Platforms
[Image: u6f4nr-l-610x610-shoes-platform+shoes-ka...colour.jpg]

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
07-04-2016, 07:24 AM
The Republican Party Platform for 1940 included the word "defense" eleven times. Interesting because people claim that the US was highly isolationist at that point.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
We need a ( U ) party. It looks like we have Right, Down, and Left covered.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
08-04-2016, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry, tell me again why I should read a document that you said says nothing yet should be a requirement?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
08-04-2016, 11:36 AM
(08-04-2016 11:02 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm sorry, tell me again why I should read a document that you said says nothing yet should be a requirement?

If you're going to belong to an organization - shouldn't you check it out before joining????

And -- if they're not willing to say what they stand for - why would you join??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Luckily I have you, OB! Since I know it says nothing, I won't waste any time of this one life I have reading it.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me