Passed my math test...thank G...um...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Passed my math test...thank G...um...
Passed my math exam with points to spare...I have a little buffer now for the last few weeks of class in case I run up against something else my brain is resistant to. How much I may retain, remains to be seen. My brain is cramped! Hobo

Thanks to Chas and YouTube, I figured enough out to get a decent grade. Many thanks. Bowing

I think this calls for the rest of the weekend off from working on anything math related.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
23-03-2013, 05:02 PM
RE: Passed my math test...thank G...um...
(23-03-2013 03:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Passed my math exam with points to spare...I have a little buffer now for the last few weeks of class in case I run up against something else my brain is resistant to. How much I may retain, remains to be seen. My brain is cramped! Hobo

Thanks to Chas and YouTube, I figured enough out to get a decent grade. Many thanks. Bowing

Way to go Anjele and way to go Chas! Thumbsup

(23-03-2013 03:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think this calls for the rest of the weekend off from working on anything math related.

ummm ... math don't work like that, it's like a virus, once you get it you can't unget it. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-03-2013, 06:32 PM
(23-03-2013 03:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Passed my math exam with points to spare...I have a little buffer now for the last few weeks of class in case I run up against something else my brain is resistant to. How much I may retain, remains to be seen. My brain is cramped! Hobo

I think this calls for the rest of the weekend off from working on anything math related.
Anj, did you know that if you divide your Likes Received 1914 by your Posts 2194 you get a ratio of 0.87237922? To get that ratio up to an even 0.9 how many more likes do you need by post number 2500?

Please forgive me Big Grin

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Damn you FC! Damn you to hell... Weeping

Girly, I am pretty sure I can purge all this from my brain with little effort, I just need it till mid-May.

You guys don't realize I had never before touched a graphing calculator before this semester. I had an abacus back in high school.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-03-2013, 07:49 PM
(23-03-2013 07:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Damn you FC! Damn you to hell... Weeping

Girly, I am pretty sure I can purge all this from my brain with little effort, I just need it till mid-May.

You guys don't realize I had never before touched a graphing calculator before this semester. I had an abacus back in high school.
Damned as charged!
An abacus? Really? How about a slide rule?
I don't know if you'll be needing to learn anymore 'rithmetic but if you do I am a big proponent of the http://www.khanacademy.org free, straight forward, online tutorials.

Congrats on passing your exam Smartass

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
23-03-2013, 09:11 PM
I know dad had a slide rule when he was in vet school but I just thought it was a cool thing to play with. You can do math with one? Who knew? Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Bowing Congrats Anj! Bowing
Some math is fun but anything can be a drag to be tested on, if it's not a personal interest. Good on you for sticking with it.
I actually like some things about math but I don't think I would have gotten hooked had I not taken a course called Principles of Mathematics which taught really practical things like how to bet on horses; how to bet on anything really and figure odds.

Never thought I could so easily be lured in. Consider I think Girly might be right; once you start walking around in some smarty pants... it kind of gets addictive. I have to admit my envy; I'd love to learn how to use an abacus - I think they're way cool. Shy

Holy crap Full Circle - I love the site you posted and I've got someone who could use that very thing - thank you! Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
23-03-2013, 09:25 PM
(23-03-2013 09:18 PM)kim Wrote:  Bowing Congrats Anj! Bowing
Some math is fun but anything can be a drag to be tested on, if it's not a personal interest. Good on you for sticking with it.
I actually like some things about math but I don't think I would have gotten hooked had I not taken a course called Principles of Mathematics which taught really practical things like how to bet on horses; how to bet on anything really and figure odds.

Never thought I could so easily be lured in. Consider I think Girly might be right; once you start walking around in some smarty pants... it kind of gets addictive. I have to admit my envy; I'd love to learn how to use an abacus - I think they're way cool. Shy

Holy crap Full Circle - I love the site you posted and I've got someone who could use that very thing - thank you! Thumbsup
All bow to the Holy Crapola Bowing

23-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Kim, if they would teach me something I would use I would be thrilled!

I appreciate the support...this has been the second hardest thing I have ever had to do and it is kicking my butt. However, I am on a mission now to get through it.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-03-2013, 10:11 PM
(23-03-2013 10:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I appreciate the support...this has been the second hardest thing I have ever had to do and it is kicking my butt. However, I am on a mission now to get through it.

Once you set your mind to it, you can do anything. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.