Passing away of someone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Passing away of someone
For those who had interactions with a member here named Mequa, I learned last night that he passed away last month due to complications during a pace maker surgery. He was supposed to have his pace maker replaced, and something went wrong either during or after the surgery. I don't know anymore details than that, because I lost touch with him over the past few months and was learning this info from someone on another site.

We were great friends at one time, but too many differences of opinions and so on caused us to lose touch over time. I'm still sad because I remember a time when things were different between us, and we talked every day.

He and I met on another atheist site, and I hadn't been on there in a long while, and went into their chat room last night, and found out from someone who was his face book friend. He said that Mequa's mom posted something on his page about it.

I just still can't believe it, it's absolutely shocking. He was only 32 years old.

Life is very short. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: Passing away of someone
I didn't know him, but if he was a friend of yours then he was obviously a good guy! Heart I'm sorry, Dee! Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-08-2015, 01:44 PM
(15-08-2015 01:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I didn't know him, but if he was a friend of yours then he was obviously a good guy! Heart I'm sorry, Dee! Hug

Yea, I'm not sure if he posted often here, I suggested he join here because I thought he'd like it here. The sad thing is...our friendship ended. I remember telling him I didn't want to talk anymore a few months back, because it just seemed like we couldn't see eye to eye on some things. And you know I think about that today, and it's hard to even remember what we were arguing about. All petty stuff when you get down to it. Sad

He crossed my mind recently because I wondered how he did with his surgery that I knew he was supposed to have this year. And then I went on the site we 'met' on last night, and found that out and was just so taken aback. And also found out that another person I used to talk to a lot on there died too! I was like...wtf??? But, she had been ill for a while. But still. Sad Just this wasn't the news I had thought I'd be hearing.

Just so incredibly sad.

15-08-2015, 01:50 PM
So sorry Deidre Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-08-2015, 01:55 PM
You've had a real rough year, sweetie ... Hang in there. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Hug thanks jennybee and thumpa...

But don't feel bad for me, except where I feel bad is that I hadn't made amends with him sooner.

I feel most for his family and gf. His gf and him were together for 8 years I think.

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
15-08-2015, 02:46 PM
(15-08-2015 01:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  For those who had interactions with a member here named Mequa, I learned last night that he passed away last month due to complications during a pace maker surgery. He was supposed to have his pace maker replaced, and something went wrong either during or after the surgery. I don't know anymore details than that, because I lost touch with him over the past few months and was learning this info from someone on another site.

We were great friends at one time, but too many differences of opinions and so on caused us to lose touch over time. I'm still sad because I remember a time when things were different between us, and we talked every day.

He and I met on another atheist site, and I hadn't been on there in a long while, and went into their chat room last night, and found out from someone who was his face book friend. He said that Mequa's mom posted something on his page about it.

I just still can't believe it, it's absolutely shocking. He was only 32 years old.

I knew him too, & I knew you as well, I used my first name on that other site.

I am very saddened to hear this. We hadn't yet become friends but had exchanged a few private messages, & I knew about his heart problems because my husband does too.

Far too young, but it is, what it is..........
[+] 1 user Likes Mrs.B's post
15-08-2015, 03:00 PM
(15-08-2015 02:46 PM)Mrs.B Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 01:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  For those who had interactions with a member here named Mequa, I learned last night that he passed away last month due to complications during a pace maker surgery. He was supposed to have his pace maker replaced, and something went wrong either during or after the surgery. I don't know anymore details than that, because I lost touch with him over the past few months and was learning this info from someone on another site.

I knew him too, & I knew you as well, I used my first name on that other site.

I am very saddened to hear this. We hadn't yet become friends but had exchanged a few private messages, & I knew about his heart problems because my husband does too.

Far too young, but it is, what it is..........

Yes, far too young. I remember when he and I were getting along and he would ask me...do you think I'll be okay? I kept telling him he would come through (the surgery) just fine. I got busy and then we just lost touch, and the next thing I hear is this, it's just so strange. I honestly wouldn't have thought a 32 yr old man would not make it through the surgery but I'm not really that familiar with pace maker surgery. I'm sorry your husband has these issues, too. Hope he's doing okay. Hug

15-08-2015, 04:02 PM
People passing through is difficult, especially when it's so sudden or unexpected. It really gets tough when several go in close succession.

After experiencing loss, I've noticed for a while I'll take more time with the people presently in my life or try to touch base with people I've drifted apart from. I think it helps me come to terms with the sudden change... at least it makes things seem stable and grounded, even though I know everything is constantly changing.

As children, we have no concept of time and it's passing, or it's consequences. We just can't wait til we're grown up. We want everything to go faster! Of course, the further from childhood, the faster everything seems to go.

As adults, the concept of time remains elusive; we see the consequences of it's passing but accepting it can be emotionally exhausting.

After the loss of a loved one, take things easy and at least for a short while, be close to others. What little time we have is fragile, with others more so. Time can't be taken back or stopped, but it can be cherished.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-08-2015, 07:49 PM
(15-08-2015 04:02 PM)kim Wrote:  People passing through is difficult, especially when it's so sudden or unexpected. It really gets tough when several go in close succession.

After experiencing loss, I've noticed for a while I'll take more time with the people presently in my life or try to touch base with people I've drifted apart from. I think it helps me come to terms with the sudden change... at least it makes things seem stable and grounded, even though I know everything is constantly changing.

As children, we have no concept of time and it's passing, or it's consequences. We just can't wait til we're grown up. We want everything to go faster! Of course, the further from childhood, the faster everything seems to go.

As adults, the concept of time remains elusive; we see the consequences of it's passing but accepting it can be emotionally exhausting.

After the loss of a loved one, take things easy and at least for a short while, be close to others. What little time we have is fragile, with others more so. Time can't be taken back or stopped, but it can be cherished.

kim, that is beautiful. I'm moved by this tonight. I also may use that last line in a signature, it is so very true. Hug