Passover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 08:03 AM
RE: Passover
(10-04-2017 07:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  Mostly baroque, Johnny. Yeah, yeah, I've been called an intellectual snob before. But for some reason, this distinction is very important to me Blush

Quote:(So unbelievably joyful. And topical, too)Rolleyes

That is the best part of that entire thing.
There are two sopranos here who do it every year ... they ask me to accompany. They should both be singing at the Met, but they'd rather teach 5th Grade .... go figure. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-04-2017, 08:11 AM
(10-04-2017 07:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  Mostly baroque, Johnny. Yeah, yeah, I've been called an intellectual snob before. But for some reason, this distinction is very important to me Blush

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm an ignoramus on these matters. Thumbsup

Well, I'm an ignoramus in general, but... moving on.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-04-2017, 08:16 AM
(10-04-2017 07:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  We need an entire thread on classical music and timeless works of art. Would probably not be too popular or garner much commentary but still, if we are to rise above the unwashed masses we need some class in this joint. Tongue

Okie dokie...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ike-thread
10-04-2017, 08:19 AM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-04-2017, 08:23 AM
(10-04-2017 05:45 AM)eyeonyeshua Wrote:  Happy Passover everybody. Today we celebrate the blood, cross and Holy Spirit of the Messiah Yeshua. May you receive Yeshua's love and forgiveness for He is alive and resurrected from the dead and coming back soon. Are you ready for Him?

Well, happy Corpse Cannibalism Eating Week to you too. Go ahead and celebrate your bloody death cult. Maybe if you try some Holy Syrup on the bloody mess instead it would taste better. Drooling

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-04-2017, 08:24 AM
1 post, no attempt to engage in conversation. Did this fucknut seriously just join an atheist forum to wish a bunch of people --most of who don't have Jewish backgrounds and who don't celebrate Passover-- a happy Passover?

This person must really be lonely and they have crappy conversation skills. That's sad. Sad
10-04-2017, 08:26 AM
True that, Bucky! But I love the whole piece (and quite a few other Stabat Mater's too. Boccherini's, Sances, Scarlatti's, Tommaso Traetta (love this guy's Antigona , Brunetti's, etc. Vivaldi's is, unsurprisingly, great. As are his motets. And don't get me started on Juditha Triumphans. Pure genius.)

If we're gonna be talking Beethoven, Johnny, the last minuscule non-cynical part in me thinks this is really, truly moving (don't tell anyone I admitted it, though)

(Also, the conductor is very cute Blush )

Ooh, Chas's Joyce is very good Yes

I'm very much into countertenors these days

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Well heck sakes, everyone's posting classical stuff. Here's the great, genetically gifted ballet prodigy, Sylvie Guillem. She just retired last year at the age of 50.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-04-2017, 08:54 AM
(10-04-2017 05:45 AM)eyeonyeshua Wrote:  Happy Passover everybody. Today we celebrate the blood, cross and Holy Spirit of the Messiah Yeshua. May you receive Yeshua's love and forgiveness for He is alive and resurrected from the dead and coming back soon. Are you ready for Him?

Stuff your execrably evil and bloody-minded human-sacrifice-worshipping delusion up the rectum of the Holy Spook, and decamp immediately from My vernal holiday, or I shall sic the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog on your sorry poseur ass.

This is a public service announcement from the Goddess of the Vernal Equinox. All your Easter are belong to Us.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
10-04-2017, 09:56 AM
(10-04-2017 08:16 AM)julep Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 07:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  We need an entire thread on classical music and timeless works of art. Would probably not be too popular or garner much commentary but still, if we are to rise above the unwashed masses we need some class in this joint. Tongue

Okie dokie...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ike-thread

5 posts, told ya so Miss Mint Julep Tongue

Maybe we can merge and split the threads Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce