Passover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Passover
(10-04-2017 10:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 10:07 AM)julep Wrote:  This sounds like a job for Super Circle!

Are you calling me rotund? Weeping

Not at all! Well rounded would better describe the mot I was juste-ing for.

...although now that I think about it, you do always seem to be full.

Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
10-04-2017, 11:22 AM
(10-04-2017 10:54 AM)pablo Wrote:  

I always enjoy Victor Borge's performances

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-04-2017, 11:38 AM
(10-04-2017 10:54 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 09:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Maybe we can merge and split the threads Consider

1 Sounds like work, and B, I thought that only happened when the original thread was worth a fuck; which clearly ain't the case here.

Tongue in cheek. It just seems a shame to lose all these great song links to a the OP. Ces’t la vie.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-04-2017, 12:32 PM
(10-04-2017 11:14 AM)pablo Wrote:  I think it's time for some tasty Jewish food recipes. Big Grin

No, that's Hanukah. And Purim. But not Passover. Ritually consuming salt water symbolizing tears does not count as tasty.
10-04-2017, 12:51 PM
(10-04-2017 12:32 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 11:14 AM)pablo Wrote:  I think it's time for some tasty Jewish food recipes. Big Grin

No, that's Hanukah. And Purim. But not Passover. Ritually consuming salt water symbolizing tears does not count as tasty.

Brisket, matzah ball soup, tzimmes, fried chicken, potato latkes, broccoli kugal and macaroons.

But not cake. Passover cake is a lie.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
10-04-2017, 01:37 PM
G'day, and welcome to the forum. Smile

(10-04-2017 05:45 AM)eyeonyeshua Wrote:  Happy Passover everybody. Today we celebrate the blood, cross and Holy Spirit of the Messiah Yeshua. May you receive Yeshua's love and forgiveness for He is alive and resurrected from the dead and coming back soon. Are you ready for Him?

Unfortunately—although I thank you for the gesture—it's ultimately pointless posting anything about celebrating a religious holiday on an atheist forum. You need to know that it's even worse without posting some sort of introductory background about yourself and your beliefs (other than apparently being Jewish).

Also, unfortunately for you, atheists have no belief in the paranormal or supernatural—as you do. I won't even attempt to disabuse you of your notion that some god-figure is gonna "return" soon as it's already been debated here in the negative a thousand times.

But please... don't overindulge in the chicken wings!

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-04-2017, 02:09 PM
(10-04-2017 01:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  G'day, and welcome to the forum. Smile

(10-04-2017 05:45 AM)eyeonyeshua Wrote:  Happy Passover everybody. Today we celebrate the blood, cross and Holy Spirit of the Messiah Yeshua. May you receive Yeshua's love and forgiveness for He is alive and resurrected from the dead and coming back soon. Are you ready for Him?

Unfortunately—although I thank you for the gesture—it's ultimately pointless posting anything about celebrating a religious holiday on an atheist forum. You need to know that it's even worse without posting some sort of introductory background about yourself and your beliefs (other than apparently being Jewish).

Also, unfortunately for you, atheists have no belief in the paranormal or supernatural—as you do. I won't even attempt to disabuse you of your notion that some god-figure is gonna "return" soon as it's already been debated here in the negative a thousand times.

But please... don't overindulge in the chicken wings!

Not a Jew.

... well, MAYBE Jewish, but probably not. Definitely not practicing Judaism.
10-04-2017, 05:43 PM
(10-04-2017 12:32 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Ritually consuming salt water symbolizing tears does not count as tasty.

Do the tears transubstantiate into real tears from the suffering of all the Jewish people? Cause that'd be cool.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-04-2017, 05:47 PM
(10-04-2017 08:24 AM)Aliza Wrote:  1 post, no attempt to engage in conversation. Did this fucknut seriously just join an atheist forum to wish a bunch of people --most of who don't have Jewish backgrounds and who don't celebrate Passover-- a happy Passover?

This person must really be lonely and they have crappy conversation skills. That's sad. Sad

This is a thing every year leading up to Easter. Also leading up to Christmas. The soul-savers show up to remind us...like there is any way we can avoid mention of the arrival or the departure (albeit temporary) of their lord and savior.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I am just gonna Passover this thread.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post