Past Lives and Reincarnation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: Past Lives and Reincarnation
(25-03-2016 06:15 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:05 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Why do you think there are so many ants and termites? If you're good you come back as an ant, if you're bad... termite.

NO that is not reincarnation, that is transmigration of the soul. In reincarnation believers people are the only creatures that have souls, not cows and bugs etc..

Pish-posh, I can make it up as I please, just like they did. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
25-03-2016, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 07:16 PM by Leo.)
(25-03-2016 06:15 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 05:05 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Why do you think there are so many ants and termites? If you're good you come back as an ant, if you're bad... termite.

NO that is not reincarnation, that is transmigration of the soul. In reincarnation believers people are the only creatures that have souls, not cows and bugs etc..

You are talking bullcrap. Reincarnation beliefs came from the dharmic religions in India. For example according to Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism you can get reborn as god in heavens , as a demon in hell , you can be reborn as a ghost , you can be reborn as a animal and you can be reborn as a human. You are talking Newage Baloney. Most newagers believe you will get reborn only as human.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
25-03-2016, 06:56 PM
(25-03-2016 06:38 PM)Leo Wrote:  I'm the reincarnation of chuck Norris.

You know there is a theory that reincarnations and existence isn't pinned down to a time plane so when we come back/split our soul we can end up in any time in any place so you could be alive at the same time as your own reincarnated soul so yeah you could be the reincarnation of a living person, that person being Chuck Norris of course.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
25-03-2016, 07:02 PM
(25-03-2016 06:56 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:38 PM)Leo Wrote:  I'm the reincarnation of chuck Norris.

You know there is a theory that reincarnations and existence isn't pinned down to a time plane so when we come back/split our soul we can end up in any time in any place so you could be alive at the same time as your own reincarnated soul so yeah you could be the reincarnation of a living person, that person being Chuck Norris of course.

To tell you the truth, I really died in the 70"s . Bruce lee killed me. Yep Bruce lee was a more powerful god. The other " age 76 Chuck Norris " is a impostor. But I win at the end because Bruce Lee death was his oblivion and I always will be reincarnated. Take that bruce lee!

[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
25-03-2016, 07:05 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Long ago I read some book or watched a tv program about reincarnation. They said the reason we have more people now is because souls split. Apparently there are X number of souls so now we have to share.

I hate hand-me-downs.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
25-03-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 08:12 PM by Leo.)
(25-03-2016 07:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Long ago I read some book or watched a tv program about reincarnation. They said the reason we have more people now is because souls split. Apparently there are X number of souls so now we have to share.

I hate hand-me-downs.

That's even more ridiculous than the classic rebirth hypothesis. The explanation from Buddhism and Hinduism is simple. All those extra souls or minds came from beings from other realms getting reborn as humans. For example some species of animals outnumbers humans by a VERY BIG margin. Soul split? what the hell ?FacepalmBlink

25-03-2016, 07:57 PM
(25-03-2016 07:28 PM)Leo Wrote:  That's even more ridiculous than the classic rebirth hypothesis. The explanation from Buddhism and Hinduism is simple. All those extra souls or minds came from beings from other realms getting reborn as humans. For example some species of animals outnumbers humans by a VERY BIG margin. Soul split? what the hell ?FacepalmBlink

I was really young (preteen), and even then I thought that was some dumb shit. I don't remember if it was because multiple people say they're Julius Caesar or Napolean, or that's what I was joking about. But, yeah, the idea of soul splitting is some real bullshit.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
25-03-2016, 08:15 PM
(25-03-2016 06:13 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 04:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I quote Michael Shermer's refutation of reincarnation".....

"My instant refutation of reincarnation: 6.9 billion people alive today, 100 billion people lived before: where did all those extra souls go?"

The answer to that is easy. The opposite problem is more valid. Thee were never 100 billion people alive at the same time. We have more people alive right now than ever before, So if 200 years ago there were only 3 billion souls around where do the new ones come from? Is a better question.

I guess Shermer is saying that in total (thus far in man's history) there have been, or are, 106.9 billion souls floating around, but only 6.9 billion currently inhabiting live human bodies. So... where are the others who ain't got no body to shack up in?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
25-03-2016, 08:28 PM
(25-03-2016 08:15 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:13 PM)DerFish Wrote:  The answer to that is easy. The opposite problem is more valid. Thee were never 100 billion people alive at the same time. We have more people alive right now than ever before, So if 200 years ago there were only 3 billion souls around where do the new ones come from? Is a better question.

I guess Shermer is saying that in total (thus far in man's history) there have been, or are, 106.9 billion souls floating around, but only 6.9 billion currently inhabiting live human bodies. So... where are the others who ain't got no body to shack up in?

Well I guess that would mean there may be multiple souls in one body and that's why some people have mental illnesses so all you have to do is get audited and eventually you'll be "clear" and only have one soul...or something. Wow I can't believe there are people in this world that actually believe this. I couldn't even come up with something that stupid. Can you imagine a therapist saying this "Oh you're depressed because of all those souls clinging to you, that's all. It's no big deal really."

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post