Past history

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Past history
I have a brass plate mounted into a four foot monument in my front yard. It reads;
“On this spot in 1776, nothing happened.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Domenic's post
04-05-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: Past history
Considering the earth is moving at 2.7 million miles per hour -- any particular spot is many light years away, since 1776.

"Fixed spots" are a convenient method of not dealing with reality.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-05-2015, 04:07 PM
(04-05-2015 03:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Considering the earth is moving at 2.7 million miles per hour -- any particular spot is many light years away, since 1776.

I love history, deep ocean, and space. I like to dig deep into things. This past year I was talking to NASA. I asked them about the theory: "Does the earth move around the sun, or do the planets, and our sun move around the earth?"
This was their reply: "We have no fixed point where we can answer that question. When we send anything out into space, we do all calculations with the earth standing still."
Well not...that puts that back to square one.
04-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I prefer future history.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
04-05-2015, 04:25 PM
(04-05-2015 03:20 PM)Domenic Wrote:  I have a brass plate mounted into a four foot monument in my front yard. It reads;
“On this spot in 1776, nothing happened.”

Well, I think, something will have happened. At the very least, the grass would have grown. Maybe it even rained or snowed.
04-05-2015, 08:08 PM
(04-05-2015 04:07 PM)Domenic Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 03:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Considering the earth is moving at 2.7 million miles per hour -- any particular spot is many light years away, since 1776.

I love history, deep ocean, and space. I like to dig deep into things. This past year I was talking to NASA. I asked them about the theory: "Does the earth move around the sun, or do the planets, and our sun move around the earth?"
This was their reply: "We have no fixed point where we can answer that question. When we send anything out into space, we do all calculations with the earth standing still."
Well not...that puts that back to square one.

Uh-huh. Sure.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2015, 08:11 PM
I like deep-fried chickpeas and bark-butter.

eta: and hyphens, obviously.