Past or Future?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Past or Future?
(18-03-2016 09:54 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If you could time travel, would you go to the past or future?

And yes, you are wearing clothes Tongue

Wait. I've changed my mind. The future. So I can see if you puke from all that spinning around.

Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Past probably. There is many things that I would like to observe like Michelangelo creating his frescoes for example.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-03-2016, 10:56 AM
(18-03-2016 10:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Past probably. There is many things that I would like to observe like Michelangelo creating his frescoes for example.

Mayhaps check out 30 AD and see if there was anybody being nailed to a cross and where He was 3 days later.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
18-03-2016, 11:15 AM
I'd like to go back to 1637 and ask Fermat what his solution was to what became known as his last theorem because, sure as hell, it wasn't the one that Andrew Wiles came up with.

I'd then like to go to Galilee 2,000 years ago - just to satisfy myself that jebus never existed.

I'd then like to go to Giza and watch how they built the pyramids and find out what the Sphinx is all about. (I'm aware of the theories but I would like to know if they are true)

Then, off to Rome 2,000 years ago to attend one of their festivals and get wrecked.

Then, I'd skip forward to tomorrow and watch all 42 horse races held in the UK and Ireland and then come back and place a 42-horse accumulator with every bookie that I can find and spend the rest of my life in total luxury.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
18-03-2016, 11:25 AM
(18-03-2016 09:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If I could bring recording equipment with me, and have what I bring back be verifiable, I'd like to go back and find out what really happened 2,000 years ago regarding Jesus. Oddly enough, I actually used to think this same thing when I was still a believer; I just had different expectations.

I used to think like this too. However, now I know that finding a guy named Jesus back then is like finding a guy named John today. There are 3 in every crowd of 10. (I'm speculating of course, but my point stands.) We would most likely see dozens upon dozens of people claiming to be a messiah like a mash-up of every TV evangelist x 10.

But I would like to go to the past and introduce science 2,000 years ago. I would love to see what the world would look like now had we known then what we know now. Smile

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
18-03-2016, 11:30 AM
(18-03-2016 11:15 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I'd like to go back to 1637 and ask Fermat what his solution was to what became known as his last theorem because, sure as hell, it wasn't the one that Andrew Wiles came up with.

I'd then like to go to Galilee 2,000 years ago - just to satisfy myself that jebus never existed.

I'd then like to go to Giza and watch how they built the pyramids and find out what the Sphinx is all about. (I'm aware of the theories but I would like to know if they are true)

Then, off to Rome 2,000 years ago to attend one of their festivals and get wrecked.

Then, I'd skip forward to tomorrow and watch all 42 horse races held in the UK and Ireland and then come back and place a 42-horse accumulator with every bookie that I can find and spend the rest of my life in total luxury.

I heard they believe the Sphinx is from an ancient culture that pre-dates the Egyptians. You may have to go back a lot further than we currently think in order to actually witness its construction. Would surely be interesting nonetheless.
[+] 2 users Like Fishbowl's post
18-03-2016, 11:32 AM
(18-03-2016 11:30 AM)Fishbowl Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 11:15 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I'd like to go back to 1637 and ask Fermat what his solution was to what became known as his last theorem because, sure as hell, it wasn't the one that Andrew Wiles came up with.

I heard they believe the Sphinx is from an ancient culture that pre-dates the Egyptians. You may have to go back a lot further than we currently think in order to actually witness its construction. Would surely be interesting nonetheless.

I can do that.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
18-03-2016, 11:36 AM
(18-03-2016 10:56 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 10:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Past probably. There is many things that I would like to observe like Michelangelo creating his frescoes for example.

Mayhaps check out 30 AD and see if there was anybody being nailed to a cross and where He was 3 days later.

It's hardly fascinating and it would be useless thing to do. Believers have their own Truth and fact wouldn't be capable of changing it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
18-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Past, so I could watch my favorite composers perform their works. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
18-03-2016, 11:59 AM
I'd go back to the past -- to the day I got married.....

And I'd punch myself right in the face..................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 8 users Like onlinebiker's post