Past or Future?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Past or Future?
I'd go back to 1975, pick up some maui wowie, then head to 1943, find some pure (and legal) LSD-25, locate Groucho Marx, and he and I would drop acid, smoke maui wowie, drink screwdrivers, and tell each other twisted jokes for twelve hours.

After that, we'll fuck Rita Hayworth.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-03-2016, 03:32 PM
(18-03-2016 12:14 PM)Sam Wrote:  Definitely past... I don't particularly like the 21st Century, and the future just seems kinda bleak.

I think I'd go back to the late '60s and see all my favourite bands.

I like this idea, but I might go back a little farther. The late '60s was indeed a golden age for rock music (in particular, I would have loved to see Jimi Hendrix on a good night), but most of my favorite jazz artists were at their best in the '50s or early '60s -- Miles Davis with John Coltrane, or Coltrane's own great quartet, the mid-'60s Miles Davis band with Wayne Shorter, Tony Williams, et al (or really any of his bands between 1955-1975 -- I did see him in the '80s, but that band wasn't as good), Mingus with Dolphy, etc.

Man! There was a lot of great music back then. I would also have liked to see Leonard Bernstein conducting -- he is absolutely mesmerizing in videos that I've seen.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Past or Future?
(18-03-2016 03:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 12:14 PM)Sam Wrote:  Definitely past... I don't particularly like the 21st Century, and the future just seems kinda bleak.

I like this idea, but I might go back a little farther. The late '60s was indeed a golden age for rock music (in particular, I would have loved to see Jimi Hendrix on a good night), but most of my favorite jazz artists were at their best in the '50s or early '60s -- Miles Davis with John Coltrane, or Coltrane's own great quartet, the mid-'60s Miles Davis band with Wayne Shorter, Tony Williams, et al (or really any of his bands between 1955-1975 -- I did see him in the '80s, but that band wasn't as good), Mingus with Dolphy, etc.

Man! There was a lot of great music back then. I would also have liked to see Leonard Bernstein conducting -- he is absolutely mesmerizing in videos that I've seen.

If I had to come back, I'd probably steal a few vintage Fenders and Gibsons while I was there.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
18-03-2016, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 04:17 PM by Leo.)
I will go to 11/8/ 2014 the day before Qunt registered to tell the mods to ban the motherfucker outright the next day.Yes and then I will go way back to the dinosaurs era. To see live dinosaurs in person would be extremely cool.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 4 users Like Leo's post
18-03-2016, 04:14 PM
(18-03-2016 03:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Awesome idea.

I'd love to travel back in time to the Jazz age...like 1920s before things got shitty in Harlem and they started segregating the clubs. Drink in a speakeasy...

I'd skip the 30s and dive straight into the 40s,-- lots of awesome jazz Duke Ellington...Charlie Parker...Lester Young....

Yeah....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-03-2016, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 07:22 PM by Heatheness.)
Future, especially if I could keep going forward say every 100 or 500yrs to see what becomes of humans.

Three productions I really related to because of this desire to see the future:

One of my favorite Doctor Who episodes is "Cassandra" where they go to watch the end of the earth.
Logan's Run, with Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Richard Jordan and Farrah Fawcett
The movie Planet of the Apes, the original with Charlton Heston, not those crappy remakes.
The movie that started it all... The Time Machine, starring Rod Taylor, Alan Young, Yvette Mimieux.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/

I would love to go all the way through time to see how the story ends.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
18-03-2016, 05:23 PM
(18-03-2016 04:11 PM)Leo Wrote:  I will go to 11/8/ 2014 the day before Qunt registered to tell the mods to ban the motherfucker outright the next day.Yes and then I will go way back to the dinosaurs era. To see live dinosaurs in person would be extremely cool.

Just make sure you don't die there, all the creationists need is a human skeleton found alongside dinosaur fossils.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
18-03-2016, 05:26 PM
What, and marginalize the moment? Be here now. bitches

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2016, 05:40 PM
(18-03-2016 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What, and marginalize the moment? Be here now. bitches

Shit... I'd miss Game of Thrones... Gasp

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
18-03-2016, 05:46 PM
(18-03-2016 04:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 03:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I like this idea, but I might go back a little farther. The late '60s was indeed a golden age for rock music (in particular, I would have loved to see Jimi Hendrix on a good night), but most of my favorite jazz artists were at their best in the '50s or early '60s -- Miles Davis with John Coltrane, or Coltrane's own great quartet, the mid-'60s Miles Davis band with Wayne Shorter, Tony Williams, et al (or really any of his bands between 1955-1975 -- I did see him in the '80s, but that band wasn't as good), Mingus with Dolphy, etc.

Awesome idea.

I'd love to travel back in time to the Jazz age...like 1920s before things got shitty in Harlem and they started segregating the clubs. Drink in a speakeasy...

I'd skip the 30s and dive straight into the 40s,-- lots of awesome jazz Duke Ellington...Charlie Parker...Lester Young....

Yeah....

I wouldn't skip the '30s... I'd just make sure I published all of Steinbeck's major works before he could write them.

I reckon Harper Lee was a time traveler... Stole someone's great idea from about 2010, went back to 1960 and published To Kill a Mockingbird. All those years in obscurity, out of the spotlight were just the period while she was travelling to the future, in time to reap the profits after it became a classic.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post