Past or Future?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 06:42 PM
RE: Past or Future?
The only way I would go into the past is if I could bring modern day plumbing and drinking water with me along with sunscreen, my blow dryer, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste and some perfume. Other toiletries would be good too. I'd also take some antibiotics with me, Off Bug spray and some Raid to keep the Plague infecting fleas off of me.

If I could do that then yes, I'd like to go back to see what Henry VIII was doing, Jesus, Alexander the Great, and find the first person who used silkworms to make silk and ask them how the hell they thought to delicately unwind a silkworm's cocoon and make cloth out of it. Huh Dodgy

And compared to all the other schmucks I'd smell nice and fresh

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-03-2016, 06:53 PM
(18-03-2016 09:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If I could bring recording equipment with me, and have what I bring back be verifiable, I'd like to go back and find out what really happened 2,000 years ago regarding Jesus. Oddly enough, I actually used to think this same thing when I was still a believer; I just had different expectations.

I'd rather find out who Jack the Ripper was. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-03-2016, 06:59 PM
(18-03-2016 09:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If you could time travel, would you go to the past or future?

And yes, you are wearing clothes Tongue

I'd go Back to The Future, duh! Rolleyes
Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
18-03-2016, 07:02 PM
I'd like to go back in time in a series of hops to trace human migration and human speciation, then go further to trace speciation in other organisms.

Also , it would be very cool to see the continents utterly rearranged.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
18-03-2016, 07:08 PM
If it's a time machine, I'm assuming that it's capable of multiple uses so I'm doing both. I want to go to a multitude of different times to get a feel for what that life is like at the moment.
I also want to go back to certain points of my own life and see if things actually happened the way that I remember, or if my own personal memories have been distorted (I suspect they have, but I obviously can't be sure, so it would be nice to have some confirmation).
On a side note, I just started reading The Time Machine by H.G. Wells so I felt rather compelled to contribute that. I love coincidences, even when they affect no one but me.
[+] 1 user Likes debna27's post
18-03-2016, 07:36 PM
(18-03-2016 06:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The only way I would go into the past is if I could bring modern day plumbing and drinking water with me along with sunscreen, my blow dryer, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste and some perfume. Other toiletries would be good too. I'd also take some antibiotics with me, Off Bug spray and some Raid to keep the Plague infecting fleas off of me.

If I could do that then yes, I'd like to go back to see what Henry VIII was doing, Jesus, Alexander the Great, and find the first person who used silkworms to make silk and ask them how the hell they thought to delicately unwind a silkworm's cocoon and make cloth out of it. Huh Dodgy

And compared to all the other schmucks I'd smell nice and fresh

Jesus... Like a nerd on a field trip.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
18-03-2016, 07:39 PM
(18-03-2016 06:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If you could time travel, would you go to the past or future?

And yes, you are wearing clothes Tongue

I'd go Back to The Future, duh! Rolleyes
Tongue

I'd troll Doc Brown... As soon as Marty buggers off to save Doc in the Old West, I'd turn up in 1955 asking for help getting back to the future.

The man would have no peace with me around...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
18-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Oh, I would just like to go back and have some talks with my parents and hubby.

Then I want to go forward and watch as atheism slowly wins as the peoples of the world become educated.

So, I want both directions. And just for my personal pleasure.

Then again, maybe the future is not such a good idea, there is a very good chance that I will just have to Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
18-03-2016, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 07:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
now ...

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-03-2016, 07:59 PM
I'd go to the future when we're mingling with aliens, go to their planet, get some kind of fossil dug up by one of the alien archeologists, go back to earth, go back in time to about 2500 BC, and swap the alien fossils with the remains of pharaoh Khufu just to fuck with future human archeologists.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post