Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 05:10 PM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(24-11-2015 11:15 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 01:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Hmmmmm... Judging from the chronology of the thread, I'd have to say it was you.

Snide, accusatory generalization.

Snark at the poster and a dig towards a powder-keg issue.

More snark at the poster and at the rest of the populace.

Snarkum ad repeatum...

And finishing off with a false generalization of the community. And given your post count, you know that. So what does that make you?

So you came into a thread that was a progressing discussion on a relevant topic. You made inflammatory, snide comments, some of which were demonstrably false. These comments were directed at both individual posters and the community in general.

That makes you a troll, a hypocrite and a liar.

Does that clear things up for ya, Sparky?

The poster I responded to cursed me. I called him on it--indicating how and why Christians have stereotypes of vicious atheists. He cursed me again, and I chose to respond again.

Now, as anticipated when I made my prior post--you have blamed the breakdown of the thread on me. Did I curse my brother, a man made in God's image? I did not.

Is that clear, Sparky? You are yet again part of the problem. I'm beginning to question whether the Christian stereotype isn't true--because if the only atheists I knew were on TTA, I'd say they were to a person exceptionally biased, vicious and cruel.

Be nice, Sparky, and kill the stereotype, why don'cha? Drinking Beverage

It's not that you are a Christian, it's that you are an arrogant, self-righteous, smug, ignorant blowhard.

Got it, Sparky? Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
25-11-2015, 02:01 PM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(24-11-2015 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 11:15 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The poster I responded to cursed me. I called him on it--indicating how and why Christians have stereotypes of vicious atheists. He cursed me again, and I chose to respond again.

Now, as anticipated when I made my prior post--you have blamed the breakdown of the thread on me. Did I curse my brother, a man made in God's image? I did not.

Is that clear, Sparky? You are yet again part of the problem. I'm beginning to question whether the Christian stereotype isn't true--because if the only atheists I knew were on TTA, I'd say they were to a person exceptionally biased, vicious and cruel.

Be nice, Sparky, and kill the stereotype, why don'cha? Drinking Beverage

It's not that you are a Christian, it's that you are an arrogant, self-righteous, smug, ignorant blowhard.

Chas, the hostility and pain can stop. Jesus died for you and for me, the perfect for the imperfect, the righteous for the unrighteous. Trust Jesus and what He did for us in His death and resurrection--experience cleanness, forgiveness, the relief of guilt, and eternal life!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
25-11-2015, 02:19 PM
(25-11-2015 02:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's not that you are a Christian, it's that you are an arrogant, self-righteous, smug, ignorant blowhard.

Chas, the hostility and pain can stop. Jesus died for you and for me, the perfect for the imperfect, the righteous for the unrighteous. Trust Jesus and what He did for us in His death and resurrection--experience cleanness, forgiveness, the relief of guilt, and eternal life!

Eternal life as a twat like you? I'll pass.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-11-2015, 02:20 PM
(24-11-2015 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's not that you are a Christian, it's that you are an arrogant, self-righteous, smug, ignorant blowhard.

So is it safe to assume, since you've defaulted to content-less preaching rather than an actual response, that you're completely out of actual cogent thoughts to add to the discussion?
25-11-2015, 02:31 PM
I was going to comment that I heard somewhere that three presidential candidates were at that function when that minister spoke and none walked out or condemned the speech

But then I saw Q sharded his panties and thought why bother.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-11-2015, 06:28 PM

Your faith is not knowledge; your theology is absurd; your understanding of science is execrable.

Just stop pretending that you understand anything about the theory of evolution. You don't.
Your posts on the matter are childish.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-11-2015, 06:37 PM
(25-11-2015 02:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was going to comment that I heard somewhere that three presidential candidates were at that function when that minister spoke and none walked out or condemned the speech

Moms, he has done his duty to show how fucking moronic he and his religion are.

He serves no further purpose. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-11-2015, 07:04 PM
(25-11-2015 02:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was going to comment that I heard somewhere that three presidential candidates were at that function when that minister spoke and none walked out or condemned the speech

The gop candidates are certainly taking things to a new level.

Not a good level....

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
25-11-2015, 07:26 PM

This makes me sick!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
25-11-2015, 08:11 PM
(25-11-2015 07:26 PM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 02:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Chas, the hostility and pain can stop. Jesus died for you and for me, the perfect for the imperfect, the righteous for the unrighteous. Trust Jesus and what He did for us in His death and resurrection--experience cleanness, forgiveness, the relief of guilt, and eternal life!

This makes me sick!

DJ

I second that.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post