Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(01-12-2015 05:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You're not broken, and that's okay!

(01-12-2015 06:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You are a fuckwit.

Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 02:01 PM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(17-11-2015 12:16 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  That is most illustrative of what I said would be the atheist stance on life.

It's obvious by your use of the phrase atheist stance that you have no idea of what defines the position statement of atheists. Put simply; we don't believe in the existence of gods. Period. We have no "stance", unlike religion which has one of massively erroneous proportions.

Incidentally, Kevin Swanson is a total fruit cake. A couple of weeks ago he said: "People don’t believe that homosexuality will be the catalyst by which nations are destroyed, because they don’t believe that God exists and they don’t believe God is judge and they don’t believe that God has the right to determine right and wrong, good and evil as he does in the word of God."

Presumably—because you're a theist who believes in the same putative god as Swanson—you concur with his claims about homosexuality?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-12-2015, 02:26 PM
(20-11-2015 03:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Thank you for furthering the illustration to the atheist view on life in general. Anger, bitterness, destruction, war.

Makes me ask, how many people have been killed in the name of atheism?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
01-12-2015, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 01:29 PM by TheMrBillShow.)
(01-12-2015 02:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 12:16 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  That is most illustrative of what I said would be the atheist stance on life.

It's obvious by your use of the phrase atheist stance that you have no idea of what defines the position statement of atheists. Put simply; we don't believe in the existence of gods. Period. We have no "stance", unlike religion which has one of massively erroneous proportions.

And this can't possibly be the first or only time this concept has been explained to this guy. I'm sure the notion that atheism is a single position on a single issue has been repeatedly demonstrated.

So, either he's too thick to grasp what would appear to be a rather simple matter, or he is intentionally fudging the issue in order to suit an argument.

Stupid or lying? Which might it be?

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 2 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
02-12-2015, 02:17 AM
(01-12-2015 09:30 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 02:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  It's obvious by your use of the phrase atheist stance that you have no idea of what defines the position statement of atheists. Put simply; we don't believe in the existence of gods. Period. We have no "stance", unlike religion which has one of massively erroneous proportions.

And this can't possibly be the first or only time this concept has been explained to this guy. I'm sure the notion that atheism is a single position on a single issue has been repeatedly demonstrated.

So either he's too thick to grasp what would appear to be a rather simple matter, or he is intentionally fudging the issue in order to suit an argument.

Stupid or lying? Which might it be?

Why not both? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
02-12-2015, 02:39 PM
(30-11-2015 03:31 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 12:58 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm sorry ones here took offense, but there is no Plan B for salvation. Jesus is all.

[Image: plan-b.jpg]

Plan B actually contributes to improving people's lives in measurable ways. It is a more likely candidate for someone's "savior" than any victim of capital punishment you can name, in any millennium.

(25-11-2015 02:01 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus died for you and for me

And what is this passive-aggressive "died for you" nonsense? No one can die for me, just like no one can go bald for me or poop on my behalf. I'll do my own dying when the time comes. Can you point to a single instance where that takesies-backsies faux-sacrifice actually kept someone else from dying? Has any doctor ever said "Well, you are really done for, but because of an idea your parents told you to keep, this fatality is on Jesus' bill. No worries, he gets a bulk discount with management."?

If I pushed my child out of the way of moving traffic, would you call me passive-aggressive?

When I offer you a will and testament that includes great riches for you based on the above, why do you call me passive-aggressive?

If your mother died giving you life in childbirth, would you spit on her memory and call her passive-aggressive?

I again ask myself today, "Who will go and tell the atheists if I leave? Does anyone care for them at all--to show them the love of Jesus Christ--or is it really true that they are the swine before whom the master said if pearls are cast they would turn and tear us to pieces?"

Is that what you are at TTA? Pigs who grunt and snout when you are offered pearls from the Master? I think better of you.

PS. If I was passive-aggressive, instead of "Jesus loves you and died and rose for you" I'd write, "Turn or burn."

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2015, 05:11 PM
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If I pushed my child out of the way of moving traffic, would you call me passive-aggressive?

When I offer you a will and testament that includes great riches for you based on the above, why do you call me passive-aggressive?

If your mother died giving you life in childbirth, would you spit on her memory and call her passive-aggressive?

I again ask myself today, "Who will go and tell the atheists if I leave? Does anyone care for them at all--to show them the love of Jesus Christ--or is it really true that they are the swine before whom the master said if pearls are cast they would turn and tear us to pieces?"

Is that what you are at TTA? Pigs who grunt and snout when you are offered pearls from the Master? I think better of you.

PS. If I was passive-aggressive, instead of "Jesus loves you and died and rose for you" I'd write, "Turn or burn."

Well, you just did say it, didn't you?

So you've switched over to the humble martyr angle? All those nasty posts were really for our own good? No one else can/will save us but you?

Interesting. I look forward to seeing how your self-crucifiction ends. It's going to be a bitch to get that third nail in...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
02-12-2015, 05:17 PM
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Is that what you are at TTA? Pigs who grunt and snout when you are offered pearls from the Master? I think better of you.

Well, I do like truffles.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-12-2015, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 11:31 PM by ClydeLee.)
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 03:31 PM)I Am Wrote:  [Image: plan-b.jpg]

Plan B actually contributes to improving people's lives in measurable ways. It is a more likely candidate for someone's "savior" than any victim of capital punishment you can name, in any millennium.

And what is this passive-aggressive "died for you" nonsense? No one can die for me, just like no one can go bald for me or poop on my behalf. I'll do my own dying when the time comes. Can you point to a single instance where that takesies-backsies faux-sacrifice actually kept someone else from dying? Has any doctor ever said "Well, you are really done for, but because of an idea your parents told you to keep, this fatality is on Jesus' bill. No worries, he gets a bulk discount with management."?

If I pushed my child out of the way of moving traffic, would you call me passive-aggressive?

HA, You see yourself as some unique lone savior? You have the Holden Caufield complex I see.

You also have no clue what passive-aggressive means. No saying "turn or Burn" is not that at ALL, there's nothing PASSIVE about that direct threat. You're so blatantly inaccurate here, unsurprising.

Passive-aggressive is INDIRECT hostility. Turn or Burn is DIRECT. Saying Jesus Loves you and saved you, but you're not taking his given path! Is Indirectly saying, you're going to burn in hell. You really need soical help, you're not just so arrogantly static in your beliefs, but you get simple facts of terminology wrong so easily. I hope for the sanity of those who have lived around you so often you're just a troll.

Are you also yourself scared by threats of Muslim hell, pagan afterlives, rebirth claims? Or are you warmed at the heart by their claims of THEIR prophets and holy members doing miraculous feats for your benefit in your time on this planet & letting you go to their afterlife's in the best way imaginable? If not, then I wonder how well you can grasp that the same concept applies here to most people here.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
02-12-2015, 11:14 PM
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I again ask myself today, "Who will go and tell the atheists if I leave? Does anyone care for them at all--to show them the love of Jesus Christ--or is it really true that they are the swine before whom the master said if pearls are cast they would turn and tear us to pieces?"

So you want to help us by insulting us at every opportunity just because a few give you trouble?

Makes no sense.