Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(02-12-2015 11:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I again ask myself today, "Who will go and tell the atheists if I leave? Does anyone care for them at all--to show them the love of Jesus Christ--or is it really true that they are the swine before whom the master said if pearls are cast they would turn and tear us to pieces?"

Is that what you are at TTA? Pigs who grunt and snout when you are offered pearls from the Master? I think better of you.
So you want to help us by insulting us at every opportunity just because a few give you trouble?

Makes no sense.

The TTA shoe fits. Sorry.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(03-12-2015 09:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 11:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So you want to help us by insulting us at every opportunity just because a few give you trouble?

Makes no sense.

And you haven't acted that way?
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2015, 12:07 AM
(03-12-2015 10:07 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The TTA shoe fits. Sorry.
And you haven't acted that way?

He likes to act all prissy. Makes a virtue out of 'truning the other cheek' and all that bullshit. Makes *sure* to inform you that your behaviour is not a good advertisement for atheism and that he is here to save your soul, if you will *just* listen and accept Jesus into your withered heart.

IOW he's a cunt.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-12-2015, 03:06 AM
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 03:31 PM)I Am Wrote:  [Image: plan-b.jpg]

Plan B actually contributes to improving people's lives in measurable ways. It is a more likely candidate for someone's "savior" than any victim of capital punishment you can name, in any millennium.

And what is this passive-aggressive "died for you" nonsense? No one can die for me, just like no one can go bald for me or poop on my behalf. I'll do my own dying when the time comes. Can you point to a single instance where that takesies-backsies faux-sacrifice actually kept someone else from dying? Has any doctor ever said "Well, you are really done for, but because of an idea your parents told you to keep, this fatality is on Jesus' bill. No worries, he gets a bulk discount with management."?

If I pushed my child out of the way of moving traffic, would you call me passive-aggressive?

You do not understand what 'passive-aggressive' means.

Quote:When I offer you a will and testament that includes great riches for you based on the above, why do you call me passive-aggressive?

If your mother died giving you life in childbirth, would you spit on her memory and call her passive-aggressive?

I again ask myself today, "Who will go and tell the atheists if I leave?

No one, I hope.

Quote:Does anyone care for them at all--to show them the love of Jesus Christ--or is it really true that they are the swine before whom the master said if pearls are cast they would turn and tear us to pieces?"

Fuck off, you sanctimonious douche bag.

Quote:Is that what you are at TTA? Pigs who grunt and snout when you are offered pearls from the Master? I think better of you.

What 'Master'? Consider

Quote:PS. If I was passive-aggressive, instead of "Jesus loves you and died and rose for you" I'd write, "Turn or burn."

You do not understand what 'passive-aggressive' means.

Do you ever fact-check or learn anything? It certainly does not appear so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2015, 07:22 AM
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. If I was passive-aggressive, instead of "Jesus loves you and died and rose for you" I'd write, "Turn or burn."

So to paraphrase: If you don't worship me and love me for ever, I will torture you with ultimate pain and suffering for eternity.

Love me or I'll hurt you.

That's not how love works.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
04-12-2015, 07:51 AM
(03-12-2015 09:25 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 11:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  So you want to help us by insulting us at every opportunity just because a few give you trouble?

Makes no sense.

Pot. I would like to introduce you to the kettle.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
04-12-2015, 02:17 PM
(04-12-2015 07:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  So to paraphrase: If you don't worship me and love me for ever, I will torture you with ultimate pain and suffering for eternity.

You forgot : Plus I'll kill all your children just so my god can save them. Facepalm

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Q should read Harry Potter, maybe it would help his comprehension skills and his ability to understand the viewpoints of others, including other christians because he surely has some contempt for their belief positions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-12-2015, 12:39 PM
(04-12-2015 07:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 02:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. If I was passive-aggressive, instead of "Jesus loves you and died and rose for you" I'd write, "Turn or burn."

So to paraphrase: If you don't worship me and love me for ever, I will torture you with ultimate pain and suffering for eternity.

I think you are confusing notions of love and justice. Love forgives, justice demands, and since Jesus exchanged Himself for us in justice on the cross, you would be savvy to take His offer.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
07-12-2015, 02:36 PM
(07-12-2015 12:39 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 07:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  So to paraphrase: If you don't worship me and love me for ever, I will torture you with ultimate pain and suffering for eternity.

I think you are confusing notions of love and justice. Love forgives, justice demands, and since Jesus exchanged Himself for us in justice on the cross, you would be savvy to take His offer.

I do not consider an act of vicarious redemption to be ethical or moral. It is creating a scapegoat.

Eternal damnation for mortal transgressions is about as far from justice as I can imagine.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post