Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(10-11-2015 02:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 02:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Wait. How to Train Your Dragon? The Dumbledore thing I get since Rowling said it herself but am I missing something about HTTYD?

I'm sorry, but if there way ANY gay shit in Harry Potter it went over my head .. maybe I'm straight after all ? Weeping

I can imagine that the Pastor would probably prefer people to watch fine upstanding heterosexual films like Top Gun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(11-11-2015 03:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  We're not feeling guilty about taking over the world. No, no, no. We feel guilty about being so sneaky about it. Thumbsup

I always thought it's because of all that dirty dirty sex you have, but that is probably because of my imagination and having two good looking Jewish girls back in my high school.
Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
11-11-2015, 03:57 PM
(11-11-2015 03:46 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 03:05 PM)Aliza Wrote:  We're not feeling guilty about taking over the world. No, no, no. We feel guilty about being so sneaky about it. Thumbsup

I always thought it's because of all that dirty dirty sex you have, but that is probably because of my imagination and having two good looking Jewish girls back in my high school.
Big Grin

You have no idea, my friend. No idea I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about!
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
11-11-2015, 04:04 PM
(11-11-2015 02:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Apparently I may have misinterpreted the pastor and it seems he was talking about adults, not children. My bad.

Kudos for pointing it out!

In any case, the pastor in question is still an asshole.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-11-2015, 04:12 PM
(11-11-2015 03:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 03:46 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I always thought it's because of all that dirty dirty sex you have, but that is probably because of my imagination and having two good looking Jewish girls back in my high school.
Big Grin

You have no idea, my friend. No idea I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about!

So Jews apart from world domination get's a lot of dirty sex? Guess being chosen people is good thing Wink.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
11-11-2015, 04:12 PM
(10-11-2015 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What the hell? I thought Harry Potter was bad because of magic...which apparently gawd doesn't like.

Now I find out it's those pesky gays...Undecided

[Image: 53200814.jpg]

Harry Potter is actually bad because it makes you empathize with refugee's and immigrants. According to some study done earlier this year I had linked here back then. I did that when asking Res Republic if he had read the books, which he says he didn't, and the study showed those who read it and related to Harry the most felt more empathetic towards various other groups.

Though that's generally part of the point and power of novels/books in general. It lets you get in-tuned to other experiences and internal patterns of others. This pastor doesn't want you to have any of that!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-11-2015, 04:20 PM
(11-11-2015 04:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 03:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  You have no idea, my friend. No idea I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about!

So Jews apart from world domination get's a lot of dirty sex? Guess being chosen people is good thing Wink.

It's nice to come from a religion where sex is celebrated and not demonized. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
11-11-2015, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 05:06 PM by Szuchow.)
(11-11-2015 04:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 04:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  So Jews apart from world domination get's a lot of dirty sex? Guess being chosen people is good thing Wink.

It's nice to come from a religion where sex is celebrated and not demonized. Smile

I have to take your words on faith as I was raised as a catholic.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
11-11-2015, 09:39 PM
It's guys like this that are keeping us from getting the invite to join the United Intergalactic Federation.

Alien #1: "Say, how 'bout we try the Earth people again?"

Alien #2: (Checking a computer) "Uhhhh.... Nope! Still too many religious nut jobs."

Alien #1: "Shucks. Oh well, let's check in on them in another century or so."

Alien #2: "Bummer. Lot of potential there."

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
11-11-2015, 11:00 PM
(11-11-2015 04:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 04:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  So Jews apart from world domination get's a lot of dirty sex? Guess being chosen people is good thing Wink.

I don't think that's true of all branches of Judaism. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post