Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
Where are people getting gay from Frozen? There are no gay characters in it. It even has two competing male interests for the female lead. Is it gay BECAUSE of the female lead? That's sexist bull crap.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Pastor Kevin Swanson: Better To Drown Your Kids Than Let Them Read Harry Potter
(13-11-2015 09:34 AM)natachan Wrote:  Where are people getting gay from Frozen? There are no gay characters in it. It even has two competing male interests for the female lead. Is it gay BECAUSE of the female lead? That's sexist bull crap.
Because the sisters in Frozen aren't getting pregnant and making sandwiches. Only reason could be that they're lesbos.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
13-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Well, Chas said "we" so he must speak for everyone here. Any atheists at TTA who are pro-life on the abortion issue?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2015, 01:48 PM
(13-11-2015 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well, Chas said "we" so he must speak for everyone here. Any atheists at TTA who are pro-life on the abortion issue?

You interpret his "WE" to mean Atheists on TTA and not the US political nation via it's laws... because?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-11-2015, 01:55 PM
(13-11-2015 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well, Chas said "we" so he must speak for everyone here. Any atheists at TTA who are pro-life on the abortion issue?

Your understanding of language continues to be abysmal.

The 'we' obviously refers to those who advocate abortion rights.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
16-11-2015, 11:08 AM
(13-11-2015 01:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Your understanding of language continues to be abysmal.

I'm all ears. Please, all the godless atheists at TTA who believes life begins at conception, speak now...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
16-11-2015, 02:53 PM
(16-11-2015 11:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 01:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your understanding of language continues to be abysmal.

I'm all ears. Please, all the godless atheists at TTA who believes life begins at conception, speak now...

Life sure. Not something that can survive on its own though. Also, why the fuck is that important? Personhood most definitely does not begin at conception. Unless you're a religious dickhead. Those guys are assholes from their first mitosis.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-11-2015, 03:10 PM
(16-11-2015 02:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 11:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm all ears. Please, all the godless atheists at TTA who believes life begins at conception, speak now...

Life sure. Not something that can survive on its own though. Also, why the fuck is that important? Personhood most definitely does not begin at conception. Unless you're a religious dickhead. Those guys are assholes from their first mitosis.

Indeed. "Life" means nothing. We destroy life every time we eat. Or else, you know, we'd die. So - noting the inevitable dishonest conflation - one might suppose he means human life. We'll leave aside for now whether he supports capital punishment or the sorts of regressive social policy that otherwise increase mortality.

Our two real questions then are, at what point does something become human life? And, of course, at what point should human life be protected by society? The former is, naturally, a continuum problem. No possible definition will please everyone. There are several hard physical markers (fertilisation, implantation, birth) and several soft ones (levels of neurological function, or independent biological functions). Nothing in particular recommends one over the others.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
16-11-2015, 04:48 PM
(16-11-2015 11:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm all ears. Please, all the godless atheists at TTA who believes life begins at conception, speak now...

Conception? It starts at ejaculation. Everybody knows that.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-11-2015, 08:42 PM
(16-11-2015 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Conception? It starts at ejaculation. Everybody knows that.

Holy shit. I used to live inside someone's balls?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post