Pastor: Parents should punch their gay-acting kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Pastor: Parents should punch their gay-acting kids
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01...68618.html

If you'd like to send Pastor Harris a friendly note, his e-mail address is:

pastor@bereanbaptistchurch.org

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
RE: Pastor: Parents should punch their gay-acting kids
So that guy needs to be shot...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-05-2012, 11:00 PM
So is it ok to say that if I ever saw my kid acting like Tim Tebow on the field in the middle of a game, I can kick him in the ass? Giving credit to God for a touchdown pass is about as goofy giving Mickey Mouse an Academy Award for Herbie the Love Bug...

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeh, right. And if you ever see dumb-arse pastors trying to coach people about gay issues, go right up to him and punch him Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Because Jesus said crack the wrist of the too feminine boy and punch the too butch girl. I remember that verse clearly. Good grief!

Glad this viral recording is roasting him like the hell he thinks he's delivered from.
02-05-2012, 12:03 AM

I'm sorry, but I LMAO when I read what that pastor said. The caricature he creates is just beautiful.

But here's the thing, and listen up because this is true: Homosexuality, if it were to dominate, would ultimately lead to the end of human species. I mean it has to. So, hopefully we won't evolve that way. But there's no individual homosexual who's responsible for the destruction of humanity and there's nothing moral or immoral about homosexuality. It is what it is. Jesus didn't give a shit about it, so why should we? Homosexuality has always been with us. It isn't growing. It's the same.

As a megalomaniac as well as someone named Edward, I was shocked to find out that my namesake, Edward the Second, son of the brutal Edward the First of England was probably homosexual--and also a complete loser as far as kings go. Well, that was back in the 1300's, so it seems that homosexuality is a common thing with human beings, even in Western Catholicism. Imagine that.

So what to do about this pastor. Nothing. Christianity is eroding; it's decomposing, and there will be little flashes in the pan of hyper-conservatism everywhere like death throes. When we elected Obama, and now that the Republicans are backing a Mormon, it has become clear that the U.S. is turning its back on Christianity. President George W. Bush was probably the last overtly Christian president that we will see.

It's a little bit sad, because there was an innocence in the past (back in the 1950s that is). That's gone. We live in a time now that's like the words Sheryl Crow sings: "These are the days when anything goes." We're going post-apocalyptic. So, I'll leave you with my favorite post-apocalyptic song:

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
02-05-2012, 12:19 AM
(02-05-2012 12:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm sorry, but I LMAO when I read what that pastor said. The caricature he creates is just beautiful.

But here's the thing, and listen up because this is true: Homosexuality, if it were to dominate, would ultimately lead to the end of human species. I mean it has to. So, hopefully we won't evolve that way. But there's no individual homosexual who's responsible for the destruction of humanity and there's nothing moral or immoral about homosexuality. It is what it is. Jesus didn't give a shit about it, so why should we? Homosexuality has always been with us. It isn't growing. It's the same.

As a megalomaniac as well as someone named Edward, I was shocked to find out that my namesake, Edward the Second, son of the brutal Edward the First of England was probably homosexual--and also a complete loser as far as kings go. Well, that was back in the 1300's, so it seems that homosexuality is a common thing with human beings, even in Western Catholicism. Imagine that.

So what to do about this pastor. Nothing. Christianity is eroding; it's decomposing, and there will be little flashes in the pan of hyper-conservatism everywhere like death throes. When we elected Obama, and now that the Republicans are backing a Mormon, it has become clear that the U.S. is turning its back on Christianity. President George W. Bush was probably the last overtly Christian president that we will see.

It's a little bit sad, because there was an innocence in the past (back in the 1950s that is). That's gone. We live in a time now that's like the words Sheryl Crow sings: "These are the days when anything goes." We're going post-apocalyptic. So, I'll leave you with my favorite post-apocalyptic song:

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
02-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Yes, because allowing gays to be gays will mean nothing but the end of civilization as we know it...
retard

I pose a question to those who criticize homosexuality because you can't do the fundamental thing humans are "suppose" to do, breed. So if we 'outlaw' homosexuality for that reason, what about people who choice not to have kids??? They are contributing the exact same to society as homosexuality in the way off offspring, nothing. So do we 'outlaw' them too?? Force them to have children?? Just look at Romanian (??) history to see how that turned out as told in the book Freakanomics.
And how about those that want to, but can't.

You see what I mean, Egor.
How about we punch you and see if you're still laughing you insensitive twat.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-05-2012, 04:51 AM
I hope you all wrote something to the nice pastor... I wrote this:

Quote: Dear Mr. Harris,

you are the scum of this earth, I just finished reading what you said to the parents and how they are suppose to treat their kids if they start acting "gay". Not only do you ignore human biology and natural behaviour, you also are calling the parents to beat their kids, which is punishable by law. Putting that aside, you have completely discarded the Bible and the words of Jesus Christ, He would never tell people to beat their kids if they act "strange", nor does the Bible support your words.

With these words of yours, you have just proved that you are not a pastor, you do not follow the Word of God, you are only power-hungry, money-worshipping homophobe, probably a child molester.

I hope you end up in jail and loose your congregation, because you do not deserve to be around people and to preach the Word of God to anyone.

Thank you for your patience.
The fucker!!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
02-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Every species has some level of homosexual behaviour and, unsurprisingly, a high level of heterosexual behaviour. I'm sure if we let nature simply take its course civilisation will not be undermined. People will continue to breed, even if some of that breeding happens to utilise surrogate wombs.