Pastor: Parents should punch their gay-acting kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2012, 06:34 AM
RE: Pastor: Parents should punch their gay-acting kids
Oh. Wow. The way he propagates what he believes are proper gender roles for boys and girls... I am left speechless. People actually listen to him?

Quote:... sometimes you are going to act like a girl and walk like a girl and
talk like a girl and smell like a girl and that means you are going to
be beautiful. You are going to be attractive. You are going to dress
yourself up.

The Fuck?

Just....

Fuck. There's a rant coming. I need to process this first. But I assure you after work tonight, there's going to be a rant coming.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
02-05-2012, 06:48 AM
(02-05-2012 06:19 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Every species has some level of homosexual behaviour and, unsurprisingly, a high level of heterosexual behaviour...

Take Bonobos, a close ape cousin of humans, for example. Males among the species often engage in homosexual activity as a way of reconciliation after fighting.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 07:28 AM
1 - Jesus bloody wept. If Jesus ever met this guy he'd be like, "I heard what you said, you know nothing of my work. How your ever got to be the pastor of anything is totally amazing."

2 - Ironyyyy. If Homosexuality is genetic, then forcing homosexuals to have heterosexual relationships only leads to more homosexuals. If you want to be rid of them, leave them be.

3 - Gender politics are highly ideological and when people attempt to deconstruct gender, it illicits the attempt to reinforce the ideology; hence, backlash. This is a wonderful story about a Canadian couple who are raising their child without gender and the backlash they face.

4 - I love Lewis Black. He has a good point about the LGBT community needing strong legislative allies. He sums the situation up very well when he says that all of this is just prejudice and ignorance on a level that is staggering at this point in time. When we're all grandparents, we're gonna have to explain this BS to our grand kids and they're gonna look at us like we're retarded.

5 - Extremists like this pastor jagoff will always have a pulpit to speak
from because extremists always have a simple, unnuanced view that,
while often repulsive, is easily digestible. The moderates of the world
have a hard time fighting it in times of crisis because in crisis,
people gravitate towards that simple digestible crap like Linus to his
blanket. The narrative on the right has been fomenting and manufacturing this crisis, that homosexuality will destroy the American family, for years and it is that narrative that gives this piece of stool traction. I'm reminded of Thank You for Smoking.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
02-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Firstly, I think what Egor meant when he said that if Homosexuality was the only form of sexuality that we wouldn't continue making babies at least in theory and thus the human species would die out. Which on it's own would be true.

I'm sure we would allow for procreation though.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 09:38 AM

(02-05-2012 03:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes, because allowing gays to be gays will mean nothing but the end of civilization as we know it...
retard

Fuck you. Gays can be whatever they want to be. If people don't reproduce, there won't be any people. Fuck your agenda. I'm not saying people should reproduce or that gays shouldn't be happy together. I'm just stating a fact. I'm not saying it's wrong or right. I don't give a damn.

Quote:I pose a question to those who criticize homosexuality because you can't do the fundamental thing humans are "suppose" to do, breed. So if we 'outlaw' homosexuality for that reason, what about people who choice not to have kids??? They are contributing the exact same to society as homosexuality in the way off offspring, nothing. So do we 'outlaw' them too?? Force them to have children?? Just look at Romanian (??) history to see how that turned out as told in the book Freakanomics.
And how about those that want to, but can't.

Let me be clear: I don't give a shit. I don't care who breeds and who doesn't. I don't care who's gay and who isn't. I don't want to know about your sex life and I will not give you the slightest consideration for it. I don't care if you feel persecuted; I don't give a shit if you feel underrepresented. I don't care who's ignorant of your sex life and I don't care to know any more about it myself. I don't tell you about my sex life, so don't get in my face with yours.

Quote:You see what I mean, Egor.
How about we punch you and see if you're still laughing you insensitive twat.

Whenever you feel froggy, bitch.

[Image: jump.gif]

(02-05-2012 09:23 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Firstly, I think what Egor meant when he said that if Homosexuality was the only form of sexuality that we wouldn't continue making babies at least in theory and thus the human species would die out. Which on it's own would be true.

I'm sure we would allow for procreation though.

Thank you. Exactly.

Now, if no one minds or wants to get in the ring with me, I'm going to work on my latest novel--ironically an end-of-the-world piece on steroids. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
02-05-2012, 12:48 PM
If you understood anything about even the basics of evolution, Egor, you'd realize it's literally impossible for a species to "evolve" itself into extinction. Now that's not to say species can't go extinct, of course, but it's from outside factors, not from how the species evolved. Remember that, if a trait appears in a species that makes it less likely for them to procreate, it's only going to appear in a small section of the population at any one time. In order for it to propagate to the species as a whole, those with the trait need to have children and pass on that trait. Then, those who inherit that trait need to continue to have children, and so on, until that trait has entered the majority of the population, instead of a small minority.

Now, if that trait were beneficial and those of the species that had the trait were more likely to survive, they'd have a much higher chance of mating and adding that trait to the collective gene pool. If the trait wasn't advantageous, it might continue along the species, but if it were detrimental to the species, those with the trait would be much less likely to mate and pass it along.

That brings us to homosexuality. Now admittedly, I don't know if "being gay" is something that could be related to genetics, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say it is. Now, those that are born with the "gay trait", in order to pass it along, need to find a mate and have kids. Here's the problem: how many gay people do you know that have their own kids? Chances are, a lot less than the heterosexual people you know with kids, because being gay is a direct detriment to having children. (Keep in mind I'm talking about biological children here, not adopted; it's impossible to pass genetic traits on to an adopted child, for reasons that I hope are blindingly obvious.)

So, we have a trait that could be detrimental to the species as a whole, as it encourages them to not procreate. How does this trait get passed on to the species? By... having them... procreate. Which they are less likely to do than someone without the trait. As you can see, the idea of a species evolving to have a "gay trait" is completely laughable.
02-05-2012, 02:56 PM

(02-05-2012 12:48 PM)Sethala Wrote:  So, we have a trait that could be detrimental to the species as a whole, as it encourages them to not procreate. How does this trait get passed on to the species? By... having them... procreate. Which they are less likely to do than someone without the trait. As you can see, the idea of a species evolving to have a "gay trait" is completely laughable.

When the hell did I ever mention a "gay trait" or evolution?
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
There are species of lizards comprised entirely of females, ergo they are not heterosexual and they are not extinct. Let's say there is in fact a gene that determines ones sexuality (a gay-gene or the hetero-gene turned off, it doesn't matter). Natural selection would not isolate that single-gene to the point that it was the only one if it did not have some advantageous trait(s). The only way for our species to go extinct would be for the breeding population to reach some critical minimum that it was unable to recover from. Your scenario of homosexuality being the end of the human species would need to select for homosexuality, against heterosexuality and then crash the population so that only a small breeding population of heterosexuals remained. That is assuming that homosexuals of opposite sex can't reproduce with one another. Utter nonsense to think that homosexuality would end any species. You can't actually make that work in any model were you taken into account population sizes and gene pools.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
The guy preaching is disturbing. He's one nutcase.

More disturbing to me are the people in the audience laughing and yelling Amen. That indicates they are buying into his insanity.

And why are boys never supposed to act in a 'feminine' manner but he clearly states that girls (even those into sports) have to behave like girls some of the time.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
(02-05-2012 02:56 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 12:48 PM)Sethala Wrote:  So, we have a trait that could be detrimental to the species as a whole, as it encourages them to not procreate. How does this trait get passed on to the species? By... having them... procreate. Which they are less likely to do than someone without the trait. As you can see, the idea of a species evolving to have a "gay trait" is completely laughable.

When the hell did I ever mention a "gay trait" or evolution?
Right here, actually:

Quote: But here's the thing, and listen up because this is true: Homosexuality,
if it were to dominate, would ultimately lead to the end of human
species. I mean it has to. So, hopefully we won't evolve that way.
Admittedly, I may have gone off on a tangent and completely misunderstood your statement, and if so I apologize.