Pastor's letter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Pastor's letter
This was sent to my wife. It was in a mass email and not directed at her other than she is a member.

Quote:Last Sunday, we looked at how each of us has been uniquely wired and uniquely placed in the world to accomplish the things God has for us to accomplish.

This week's message has me excited in such a stirred-up way, because it's such a simple but impactful one. What I have to share from God's word has been hands-down, the number one reason for any amount of supernatural effectiveness I've had in my own walk with my friends, my kids, my wife, and with other people - whether they were close or far from God.
If we could all be growing in this one area, we would see supernatural things happen year-after-year. I'll have a special prayer for you at the end to help guide you during the week.

Speaking of prayer, we will have some anointing and prayer available with the elders. If you need healing physically or emotionally, or have been waiting in a broken way for a miracle in your life, don't miss what God might have for you.

Put Sunday down in ink, and change some things around so that you and your friends can gather with us. Who knows if something supernatural may occur in your life or in the life of someone you love.

xPastor's namex

I at least have to give him props for saying "supernatural." I can't believe I used to believe this crap.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-01-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: Pastor's letter
(29-01-2016 10:21 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This was sent to my wife. It was in a mass email and not directed at her other than she is a member.

Quote:Last Sunday, we looked at how each of us has been uniquely wired and uniquely placed in the world to accomplish the things God has for us to accomplish.

This week's message has me excited in such a stirred-up way, because it's such a simple but impactful one. What I have to share from God's word has been hands-down, the number one reason for any amount of supernatural effectiveness I've had in my own walk with my friends, my kids, my wife, and with other people - whether they were close or far from God.
If we could all be growing in this one area, we would see supernatural things happen year-after-year. I'll have a special prayer for you at the end to help guide you during the week.

Speaking of prayer, we will have some anointing and prayer available with the elders. If you need healing physically or emotionally, or have been waiting in a broken way for a miracle in your life, don't miss what God might have for you.

Put Sunday down in ink, and change some things around so that you and your friends can gather with us. Who knows if something supernatural may occur in your life or in the life of someone you love.

xPastor's namex

I at least have to give him props for saying "supernatural." I can't believe I used to believe this crap.

You were sold/had crammed into you this crap at a young, credulous age. I feel your disgust/angst, whatever it be called. We're on the better side of it now, though I still have squirmings inside about accepting the kool-aid, even though it was administered to me in much the same way.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
29-01-2016, 11:22 PM
(29-01-2016 10:21 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This was sent to my wife. It was in a mass email and not directed at her other than she is a member.

xPastor's namex

Interesting that he would use the word wired here. So we're all just puppets on wires are we?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
30-01-2016, 04:07 AM
(29-01-2016 11:22 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Interesting that he would use the word wired here. So we're all just puppets on wires are we?

Yep...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5yj9i_BiQ
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
30-01-2016, 04:08 AM
(29-01-2016 11:22 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Yep...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5yj9i_BiQ
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2016, 06:06 AM
i wonder if he actually believes his own bullshit.
30-01-2016, 06:12 AM
Hmmm… Attendance and the take from the collection plate must be down.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
30-01-2016, 06:41 AM
(29-01-2016 10:21 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  What I have to share from God's word has been hands-down, the number one reason for any amount of supernatural effectiveness I've had in my own walk with my friends, my kids, my wife, and with other people - whether they were close or far from God.

Let me guess what this method consists of, the Christian's favorite method of looking at the world, the all time champion of fallacies in deluding people, I give you: Post hoc ergo propter hoc Fallacy!

Yes brothers and sisters, you too can learn how to start seeing miracles in your life if you learn how to go through life in a methodological delusion. Why, miracles just seem to pop out of nowhere once you learn this!

Now pass the offering bucket so god can begin working his mighty miracles in your life!

[Image: used_car_salesman1.jpg]

The local church in my area sends fundraising letters to me all the time, they're almost dripping with delusion, I have to wash my hands after tossing them into the trash.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-01-2016, 06:48 AM

.... the universe....

.... is wired...

[Image: 51jkzGmyG5L._SX522_.jpg]

Seems legit.
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
30-01-2016, 06:57 AM

Translation: you have no right to think for yourself, you are obligated to submit to whatever I tell you your purpose is.

Quote:This week's message has me excited in such a stirred-up way, because it's such a simple but impactful one.

Translation: I have nothing but if I present it as if it is important the sheep will come and give me money.

Quote:What I have to share from God's word has been hands-down, the number one reason for any amount of supernatural effectiveness I've had in my own walk with my friends, my kids, my wife, and with other people - whether they were close or far from God.

Translation: you can use confirmation bias to attribute anything good that happens to this unfalsifiable source as long as you don't apply any critical thinking.

Quote:If we could all be growing in this one area, we would see supernatural things happen year-after-year.

Translation: once you allow yourself to believe for no good reason you are likely to become more gullible over time.

Quote:I'll have a special prayer for you at the end to help guide you during the week.

Translation: I'll give you a placebo and when things go right you'll attribute it to the placebo and come back and give me money.

Quote:Speaking of prayer, we will have some anointing and prayer available with the elders. If you need healing physically or emotionally, or have been waiting in a broken way for a miracle in your life, don't miss what God might have for you.

Translation: I'm a con man who offers nothing practical but am willing to prey on the vulnerable with vague claims that can never be disproven

Quote:Put Sunday down in ink, and change some things around so that you and your friends can gather with us. Who knows if something supernatural may occur in your life or in the life of someone you love.

Translation: if anything good happens it is my god so you need to believe (and give me money); if nothing good happens it is your fault so you need to try harder (and give me money)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post