Pastor stiffs waiter saying god gets her tip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 03:57 PM by Vosur.)
RE: Pastor stiffs waiter saying god gets her tip
(01-02-2013 12:03 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  An apology was given but the waitress got fired for posting the image online.

Yahoo News Wrote:An Applebee's waitress who posted a receipt with a note from a pastor complaining about the automatic gratuity added to the bill on the Internet was fired on Wednesday after the pastor complained to her manager.

Keep spreading the 'good news', hypochrists. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 04:20 PM by Anjele.)
(01-02-2013 11:35 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  See my post above. The server was not stiffed. The pastor was still a clueless bitch for writing what she did but nobody was stiffed, the tip was paid.

Although, really, 10 people and the tab including tip was $36. I can't take a family of three and get a check so small...
Heard on the radio that she was out with friends and they were having appetizers...still a cheap ticket and obviously no booze on that tab.
It wasn't even the serving waitress that posted it online, it was another member of the staff that snapped the pick and posted it.
Either way the whole thing is a mess. A lot of places tack on a certain tip amount if a group is a specific number or more.
I figure everyone left that table thirsty, hungry, and now embarrassed.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
― Mineko Iwasaki
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM
(01-02-2013 03:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
Yahoo News Wrote:An Applebee's waitress who posted a receipt with a note from a pastor complaining about the automatic gratuity added to the bill on the Internet was fired on Wednesday after the pastor complained to her manager.
Keep spreading the 'good news', hypochrists. Drinking Beverage
If he didn't want it spread then he shouldn't have been a cunt in the first place.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
I am pretty sure this minister is female.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
― Mineko Iwasaki
01-02-2013, 05:09 PM
(01-02-2013 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty sure this minister is female.
Not really sure of the system here in Australia.....don't eat out too much.
We do pay a goods and services tax.
Normally waiters are personally tipped on the basis of if we find them friendly and likeable.
Sacking a worker like that seems pretty poor. No
02-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Everyone is making fine points, but it's bothering me that the pastor is so bad at math.

18% of a $30 bill is nothing compared to 10% of a salary. So STILL the 18% is less anyway.

I like the quote of Jesus paying for the server's rent. Ha ha. She should go set up camp in the pastor's church and tell the pastor that the lord shall provide.
02-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Re: Pastor stiffs waiter saying god gets her tip
Tipping is not done much here in Australia. The price on the menu is the price of the meal. No tricks. No gimmicks. If a tip is given it is entirely voluntary and indicative of exceptional service.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
02-02-2013, 02:05 AM
I for one rarely tip. I have to have superior service to even consider it (I'm especially not fond of mandatory tipping) If you want a tip earn it. As it should be.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
02-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Consider

Gratuitous Equation:

The tip amount and whether it just left on the table or directly handed to the server is directly proportional to cuteness of the server and whether I want her number.

02-02-2013, 07:37 AM
I seldom eat anywhere that doesn't involve a drive-thru window, but when I do I make sure that I factor in a tip. I tend to tip well, I think most people that have ever earned their living waiting tables or slinging drinks tend to be more apt to tip well.

― Mineko Iwasaki
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post