Pastor stiffs waiter saying god gets her tip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: Pastor stiffs waiter saying god gets her tip
(02-02-2013 02:05 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I for one rarely tip. I have to have superior service to even consider it (I'm especially not fond of mandatory tipping) If you want a tip earn it. As it should be.
I feel the exact same way. I try not to be a dick about it, but I feel if you're expecting extra wages from serving someone you should be doing a good job or going the extra mile. If I'm feeling really nice and the service was just outstanding I most certainly will tip.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
02-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Many waiters/waitresses make a small fraction of minimum wage as far as what they are paid by the company. Part of the gig is knowing that you have to make your living on tips. If you are pulling about two bucks an hour, tips are crucial.

I did write a note on the last restaurant bill but it said "Great service, thank you" in hopes that management would see it. Also tipped very well, the girl did a really good job.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
(02-02-2013 08:17 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 02:05 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I for one rarely tip. I have to have superior service to even consider it (I'm especially not fond of mandatory tipping) If you want a tip earn it. As it should be.
I feel the exact same way. I try not to be a dick about it, but I feel if you're expecting extra wages from serving someone you should be doing a good job or going the extra mile. If I'm feeling really nice and the service was just outstanding I most certainly will tip.
Oh I dont mean it in a bitchy mean way. I feel bad that they get paid so horribly. But tips shouldnt be expected. If its part of their earnings.....earn it. Ya know? *shrug*

I for one could never do that kind of work because I'm way too mouthy for my own good Tongue You have to have the patience I do no possess.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
02-02-2013, 04:05 PM
(02-02-2013 12:45 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Tipping is not done much here in Australia. The price on the menu is the price of the meal. No tricks. No gimmicks. If a tip is given it is entirely voluntary and indicative of exceptional service.
Where I go its usually buffet or a number on the end of a stick.

I don't like fussy fidgety waiters. Sadcryface2
02-02-2013, 06:56 PM
While I agree that the pastor was a total fucktard, I gotta say that when you are in customer service you need to suck it up.
From my experience in customer service, people are fucking morons, despite the fact that you actually get paid for what you do and know your job, they always feel like they know how to do it better. Dealing with fucktards is just part of customer service. Just smile and say "have a nice day".
When you have a cry about a customer it reflects poorly back on the business as well as you.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
02-02-2013, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 09:39 PM by Dark Light.)
I'll say this...tipping in America is much different than tipping in Europe (and probably the rest of the world as well.) In American waiters and waitresses rely heavily on tips to get paid, very little is given hourly...I mean VERY little. When you order something and look at the menu price, just go ahead and assume you'll be paying 20% more if they do a reasonably good job. Many restaurants actually punish the servers if their tips fall below that mark by taking away tables, giving them fewer hours, or just flat out fire them. I'm not saying you should give a good tip for shitty service, because I sure as hell won't, but not tipping at all for good service is a dick move. It's his right to be a dick, but he is still a dick nonetheless. Now...on to my next point.

People say the give 10% to God...First of all, where the hell did God ask for 10%? Which verse was that in? Also, when has God came down to collect this money? You should catch it on film. What would an omnipotent, omniscient God do with money? To say they give money to God is bullshit, they give money to men...men who use this money to pay pedophiles clothing allowance, bullet-proof pope-mobiles, and 'crazy camps' to try to force gay men straight. If they want to be charitable with their money like the messiah asked them to why not cut out the middle man? At least give 5% of that to a charity that has a good track record, or use it directly to buy food and clothing for the less fortunate. That's how I feel anyway.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
02-02-2013, 08:51 PM
For all you non tippers I understand if the service is horrible. But have a heart! I don't know how you could not tip someone knowing they get pad 2.50 an hour and live off that. I mean we have to have waiters! (BTW I am not a waiter just an advocate of people making a decent wage)
02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
(02-02-2013 08:51 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  For all you non tippers I understand if the service is horrible. But have a heart! I don't know how you could not tip someone knowing they get pad 2.50 an hour and live off that. I mean we have to have waiters! (BTW I am not a waiter just an advocate of people making a decent wage)
If they are doing a great job they get a tip. *shrug*

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
02-02-2013, 10:28 PM
(02-02-2013 08:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'll say this...tipping in America is much different than tipping in Europe (and probably the rest of the world as well.) In American waiters and waitresses rely heavily on tips to get paid, very little is given hourly...I mean VERY little. When you order something and look at the menu price, just go ahead and assume you'll be paying 20% more if they do a reasonably good job. Many restaurants actually punish the servers if their tips fall below that mark by taking away tables, giving them fewer hours, or just flat out fire them. I'm not saying you should give a good tip for shitty service, because I sure as hell won't, but not tipping at all for good service is a dick move. It's his right to be a dick, but he is still a dick nonetheless. Now...on to my next point.
This is correct. Here in Australia the waiters/waitresses are paid a decent enough wage (compared to the US) and tipping isn't mandatory. The better you are in your field the more you earn.

Waiters in the US aren't paid nearly enough and heavily rely on tips.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
03-02-2013, 05:36 PM
This happened in my county and I have not been silent about it. Waiters that rely on tips are paid less than minimum wage so I tend to keep that fact in the hand I sign my receipt with and in the brain I use when judging a waiter's performance.

In the pastor's case I make these assertions: the motivation of her unearned disgruntled lousiness was her religion. The motivation to scratch out someone's pay and write in 0 was her religion. The motivation for her to make up 2 different numbers of cash value to try and mask the situation into her favor was her religion. The motivation for her to display enough authority with her anger at being charged for being served, enough to try and get an innocent waitress on the receiving end of religious bullying terminated, thereby taking away the privilege of providing care for herself and her family if she has any, was her religion.

However (and there's always a however in life.) I won't choose sides regarding Applebee's termination of the waitress's colleague, as she did break the policy regarding privacy that is expressed in the employee handbook and thus designed a reputation for a customer that really didn't deserve this much publicity in the first place.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]