Pat Robertson and the Stock Market

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 06:44 AM
RE: Pat Robertson and the Stock Market
oh that silly old man, It takes quite a lot of effort for me to actually laugh at him. I just kinda feel sorry for him because he is an old man and old men say crazy things.

He's an old man and he said a crazy thing!

It's just what old people do!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 08:04 AM
(26-08-2015 06:44 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  oh that silly old man, It takes quite a lot of effort for me to actually laugh at him. I just kinda feel sorry for him because he is an old man and old men say crazy things.

He's an old man and he said a crazy thing!

It's just what old people do!

An old man with an estimated net worth of $200 million to $1 billion who has tens of thousands of loyal followers that think his crazy spoutings are the word of god.
26-08-2015, 08:23 AM
The crazy thing is that they keep pointing videocameras at him.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 10:12 AM
(26-08-2015 05:47 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's kinda hypocritical of god considering numbers of sponteneus miscarriages which he would be able to prevent Rolleyes

Nonono, you don't understand. The problem isn't that we're killing babies. The problem is that we're killing babies. That's GOD'S shtick! It's HIS turf! We're getting above ourselves and need to be slapped down! It's not a morality thing, it's a quit-acting-like-I-don't-own-you thing!

(And don't try to rephrase it as exercising agency over our own bodies, that's got the same problem.)

(26-08-2015 08:23 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The crazy thing is that they keep pointing videocameras at him.

Free market capitalism works in mysterious ways.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
26-08-2015, 11:38 AM
You know, in a way I pity those TV Christians.

Can you IMAGINE what it must be like, day after day, for DECADES, to come up with "newish" bullshit that will keep the terrified masses of feeder mice jumping into the mouth of the snake?

Er, I mean, sending in their Social Security Checks for him to cash.

No pity.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-08-2015, 04:04 PM
I am saddened by the fact that this was completely predictable and unsurprising.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-08-2015, 05:41 PM
(26-08-2015 08:23 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The crazy thing is that they keep pointing videocameras at him.
I think they're paid to do that.

Sapere aude
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
26-08-2015, 05:45 PM
(26-08-2015 05:41 PM)f stop Wrote:  
I think they're paid to do that.

You beat me to it.

The scariest thing about Pat is that he has so many followers.

But he says some of the silliest stuff with the greatest sincerity, he is comedic gold for anyone who isn't dense enough to nod and say 'Amen' every time he speaks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-08-2015, 08:59 PM
(25-08-2015 12:05 PM)cactus Wrote:  Where has he been getting his stats, out of his own ass?
[Image: PP-1.png]

yep

do you honestly expect him to read an actual report ?