Pat Robertson's Marriage advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2013, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2013 10:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Pat Robertson's Marriage advice
Thought dude got raptured a while ago.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2013, 12:07 AM
(16-05-2013 10:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thought dude got raptured a while ago.

Just checked...he's still ticking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-05-2013, 12:11 AM
What I got from Pat Robertson's response to the question was that in all likelihood Pat Robertson has cheated on his wife. I wonder what his answer would have been had it been a man complaining about his cheating wife.
[+] 1 user Likes Lulu344's post
17-05-2013, 12:14 AM
(16-05-2013 08:50 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I don't expect anybody to agree with this, but unless you have a child to whom you'd like to give a "stable environment" to live in, marraige is frickin useless!! Obviously, if you love someone, you can choose to make love to them, and them only (and maybe I'm biased), but marraige comes across, to me, as nothing more than an Alpha Male / (yes) Alpha Female .....display? I don't know the word. "your junk is now MINE, you belong to ME, no one else, MINE MINE MINE". Damn, I sound like a free-love / sex hippie, but come on. Why limit yourself, or your lover? IF you truly care about their well being!!

I agree with your reasoning, however marriage as a concept isn't just a human endeavor. Monogamous relationships are seen in the wild in many different species. It may be that it is a natural evolutionary trait inherent in humans also.

Given our ability of conscience thought, it's easy to reason away the necessity of such a binding contract. Look at where we came from. You can't just discount the advantage of a stable family unit in our ancestors' environment.

We are well beyond the crucial need for monogamy in today's sexually advanced society, but the instinct to preserve a family is apparent. You can't just discount that urge. Marriage is the manmade contract, by no means should it be permanent. Thus, man came up with divorce. Seems to be working fine, especially amongst evangelical christians. Tongue

I'm just saying that it's not so cut and dry as "your junk is now MINE, you belong to ME, no one else, MINE MINE MINE".

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
17-05-2013, 07:17 AM
I heard this yesterday and applauded his answer.

[Image: tumblr_mbiqec1JUw1ri1mxoo1_400.gif]

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]