Patent US20130059018

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: Patent US20130059018
(08-07-2014 01:15 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ^ he is right, cancer is in basic terms, incorrectly grown cells. It is not even exclusive to animals, even plants get cancer.

Its interesting how many people DON'T know that fact. A lot of my peers at high-school didn't.

i knew cancer is just incorrectly grown cells, but i sure as heck never thought that plants could get cancer.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 02:05 AM
(08-07-2014 01:34 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 01:15 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its interesting how many people DON'T know that fact. A lot of my peers at high-school didn't.

i knew cancer is just incorrectly grown cells, but i sure as heck never thought that plants could get cancer.

Why couldn't they? Smartass

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-07-2014, 02:53 AM
(05-07-2014 07:02 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  It is a widespread misunderstanding that having a patent on something implies you are allowed to make and sell the thing. No, a patent only provides the right to stop others from doing something. A patent doesn't imply the government thinks it is a good idea, is legal to possess, works better than existing things, works well. It may not work at all - as long as it seems like it would work on its face.

This guy said exactly what I wanted to say.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
08-07-2014, 07:59 AM
(08-07-2014 01:15 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 09:23 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ^ he is right, cancer is in basic terms, incorrectly grown cells. It is not even exclusive to animals, even plants get cancer.

Its interesting how many people DON'T know that fact. A lot of my peers at high-school didn't.

We live in america, I am surprised that bothers you.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-07-2014, 08:52 AM
(08-07-2014 07:59 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 01:15 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its interesting how many people DON'T know that fact. A lot of my peers at high-school didn't.

We live in america, I am surprised that bothers you.

I'm not surprised. It's par for the course, but it's still interesting. You would think some people would bother trying to understand what Cancer was, especially because of the fame it had recieved.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-07-2014, 09:55 AM
(08-07-2014 02:05 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(08-07-2014 01:34 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  i knew cancer is just incorrectly grown cells, but i sure as heck never thought that plants could get cancer.

Why couldn't they? Smartass

there is no reason they couldn't. I guess i just never pondered on wether plants can get cancer.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-07-2014, 10:46 AM
(05-07-2014 03:53 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Scientists have cured cancer and do not wish to release it to the public:

http://www.google.com/patents/US20130059018

Three major kinds of cancer cured, yet no one has taken notice.

Professor, Dr. Daniela Parola made this cure, she has been blackmailed into silence.

[Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

(05-07-2014 03:53 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  On other news Vajra needle of HH Dorje Chang Buddha III Wan Ko Yeshe Norbu Holiest, Tathagata cures cancer by transfiguring it into water:

[Image: 13551147211355114795l.jpg]

(MRI IMAGE OF CANCER FREE ZHAXI ZUOMA, AFTER NI-WAN DHARMA INITIATION)

Do you even know what cancer is?

I ask this because you claim that Dorja-whatever 'transfigures' it into water. Given that cancer is rapid and unchecked cell growth at it's base, it seems highly unlikely that Sir-mouth-vomit-of-a-name can change what is essentially a malignant process into a chemical compound. Even if we assume that he can magically dissolve the malignant cells to water, that still doesn't deal with all the toxins and which were being produced by the cells as by-products nor does it account for the cellular components which cannot be broken down into water, which have now been spilled all over the place within the region of the magically dissolved cells.

(05-07-2014 03:53 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Why do hospitals prevent cures from coming into effect after they are found?
Is it greed, or other reasons?

Why on earth would greed ever be a factor? IF the 'cure' you are attempting to hawk is real, it has been patented, meaning that the maker would be a billionaire in a minute by licensing it out to hospitals and private practises which would themselves be raking in the dough from people desperate for the cure to what is otherwise possibly a long, slow and debilitating death sentence.

Medicine is where the money is; releasing a patented cure would generate massive monies, man. It's not greed which is keeping it out of hospitals. I'm guess that it is a total lack of clinical trials.

(05-07-2014 06:22 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Your are correct...it's bullshit.

Watch out, boys, we are dealing with a BAD-ASS.

Did you even read the patent?

I researched on the Internet about this.

It's very disturbing how this has gone unnoticed for so long.

I shouldn't have to point out the fact that a patent is irrelevant in regards to the veracity of the supposed 'cure': all the patent office is concerned about in reality is that a perspective patten is the intellectual property of the one lodging for patenting.
As an extra; it is remarkably interesting that the majority of the claims found in the patent are labelled 'cancelled' and have been removed.

For those who are curious, I looked and I seem to have found the paper from which this patent arose: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1576089/

I would like to call attention to this sentence from the Abstract: "These results reinforce the evidence of antitumoral properties of CBD, demonstrating its ability to limit tumor invasion, although the mechanism of its pharmacological effects remains to be clarified." Basically meaning 'we don't know exactly how this works', which would off the bat make it unfit for use at the moment in clinics as a cancer 'cure'.
Additionally, the paper is regarding the prevention of cancer cell migration; that is not a cure, it's a treatment which might stop certain cancer cells from getting around, and further still, the researchers used cell cultures which presents it's own slew of problems; a cell culture may be good for initial tests, but they are very poor models compared to using an organism like a humanised rat, which would be especially useful if studying cell migration into surrounding, non-cancerous tissue.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Go Free!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
11-07-2014, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 04:59 PM by TheInquisition.)
Each variety of cancer has distinct genetic characteristics, requiring different genetic approaches to destroying a specific cancer. They won't be able to make a one-size-fits-all cure, however they have already been able to eliminate certain types of cancer with Virotherapy.

Science is f-ing awesome, however whiny conspiracy kooks claiming "miracle" cures -not so much.

I'm referring to the patent holder, not you Rinpoche.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
12-07-2014, 08:21 AM
(08-07-2014 10:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  the researchers used cell cultures which presents it's own slew of problems; a cell culture may be good for initial tests, but they are very poor models compared to using an organism like a humanised rat, which would be especially useful if studying cell migration into surrounding, non-cancerous tissue.

I seem to recall seeing an XKCD-strip about this problem.

It was something along the lines of "Whenever you read that doctors have found some compound that kills cancer cells in a Petri-dish, remember; so does a handgun"
[+] 3 users Like Elcarch's post