Paternal Rights Regarding Abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-05-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: Paternal Rights Regarding Abortion
Once again (I think we are just talking past each other here Sad )

Once the child is born (and it is born because the COUPLE neglected to practice secure birth control) it is all about the child and both parties are responsible for it's welfare.

If that is an undesired outcome, then practice birth control.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 10:16 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(03-05-2012 04:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  Once again (I think we are just talking past each other here Sad )

Once the child is born (and it is born because the COUPLE neglected to practice secure birth control) it is all about the child and both parties are responsible for it's welfare.

If that is an undesired outcome, then practice birth control.
No... We keep bringing up obvious facts regarding the lack of rights that men have regarding their offspring.

On the other hand, you just keep saying men are pigs, and then completely dismiss our arguments altogether.

For the 100th time,

Yes men and women are equally responsible for having unprotected sex.
However, after the initial act the man loses all rights, but inherits at least equal responsibility. Though technically he inherits more responsibility, because on average men pay far more in child support than women.

Ok, lets take another approach.
There is a man and a woman, complete strangers, who meet up in vegas.
They go to a room and have sex.
Then the woman goes off to gamble, while the man sits in his room watching TV.
A couple hours go by, and the woman blows $10,000 gambling.
The woman then goes back to the room and hand the man a bill for $6,000.
He asks what the bill was for, and she replies that "having sex made her feel lucky", thus making him liable as well.
Then the federal govt forces him to pay his portion of the bill.

Its not completely his fault she felt lucky.
He had no choices when she was gambling.
Yet he has to pay more than half the bill.

Does that sound fair to you? That is essentially the same series of events, just under a different context.
05-05-2012, 04:52 PM
(01-05-2012 10:48 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  It just seems like feminism has swung too far, and this country is becoming a matriarchal in nature.

Yeah, so? All I've ever experienced is a matriarchy. And the women are so much smarter than me they even know how to fool me into letting me think I'm in charge. Case in point. My wife wants me to cosign a mortgage for GirlyBoy so she can be closer to her granddaughter.

Girly: "Who the hell is gonna give me a loan for a second house when I still have a mortgage on this one?"
Manly: "Oh you have excellent credit dear."
Girly: "I do? Well you still need my signature so what if I don't want to do it?"
Manly: "Honey I've signed your name so many times by now that it's your signature that looks like the forgery. I wasn't asking you, I was just letting you know."
Girly: "Clever girl."

I say embrace the matriarchy.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.