Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Path of Exile vs. Diablo 3?
Opinions?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 01:43 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Path of Exile vs. Diablo 3?
I got bored with Diablo 3 half way through my 2'nd play through when I realized that the enemies bullshit factor was rising much faster than any decent equipment drops. That's when I realized the whole point of the real money auction house in the game, got sick to my game designer stomach, and promptly uninstalled it. It was fun the first time through, but there's no reason to hit the level cap.

Not familiar with Path of Exile, sorry.

Been having a lot of fun with Torchlight II instead though, and it's only $20 brand new.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-02-2013, 06:02 AM
I got to act 3 inferno on D3 way back before all the patches they have now. I also haven't played since the patches, too late for me to give a shit.
Started playing PoE and I have to say for a free game it's pretty damn good. Just for starters it has Pvp already,(something Blizz has promised for D3 since launch and still is not in it) it is pretty much equivalent graphics-wise, and it cuts out a lot of the fluff.
That's not to say D3 was a bad game, it just had a lot of bullshit in it. At least at the minimum with Path of Exile you can download it for free, try it out, if you don't like it just uninstall.
On PoE I'm around level 30 or so, last time I played I was gettin' my booty kicked.
21-02-2013, 06:30 AM
(21-02-2013 06:02 AM)AphexandCambria Wrote:  I got to act 3 inferno on D3 way back before all the patches they have now. I also haven't played since the patches, too late for me to give a shit.
Started playing PoE and I have to say for a free game it's pretty damn good. Just for starters it has Pvp already,(something Blizz has promised for D3 since launch and still is not in it) it is pretty much equivalent graphics-wise, and it cuts out a lot of the fluff.
That's not to say D3 was a bad game, it just had a lot of bullshit in it. At least at the minimum with Path of Exile you can download it for free, try it out, if you don't like it just uninstall.
On PoE I'm around level 30 or so, last time I played I was gettin' my booty kicked.

There are some things I really like, and were really smart, from a design perspective in Diablo 3. I loved being able to re-spec easily and without penalty, so that you can constantly try out new builds as updates/equipment changes. I enjoyed the graphics and the UI design, I enjoyed the character classes and the ability to play male and female versions of all of them.

But trying to balance everything with a real money auction house fucked up all of the game balance past the first play through.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-02-2013, 08:31 AM
That mother fucking AH...
24-08-2013, 12:49 AM
I would still choose Diablo 3 as expansion Reaper of Souls is coming!
10-09-2013, 03:18 AM
In terms me. I like D3 more. In the game, I play Monk and get some diablo 3 gold to level up. what's more, there will be new patch to release. I ook forward to the more adventure in the D3 world.
11-09-2013, 10:41 PM
I played POE for about 45 minutes and had to stop, just couldn't get into it. I can see why people like it, but I just couldn't get into it.

Diablo 3 I've played through Inferno with my barbarian, and I'm satisfied with it. Once you have gear to get through Inferno, though, there really isn't a reason to keep playing, which I think is kinda sad. Being able to say I played through Inferno at MP10 doesn't mean anything to me. I got my moneys worth and I'll be picking up the expansion when it comes out.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
11-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I like D3 more, I couldn't relate to my POE toon and the skills are just too complicated and overall boring, and I don't mind having to do some research before I install a game, but POE was just absurd.

With loot 2.0 coming for D3 things will hopefully be sorted, loot is the main issue of the game, so if they fix that everything will be good Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
(20-02-2013 01:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I got bored with Diablo 3 half way through my 2'nd play through when I realized that the enemies bullshit factor was rising much faster than any decent equipment drops. That's when I realized the whole point of the real money auction house in the game, got sick to my game designer stomach, and promptly uninstalled it. It was fun the first time through, but there's no reason to hit the level cap.

Not familiar with Path of Exile, sorry.

Been having a lot of fun with Torchlight II instead though, and it's only $20 brand new.

The two games cannot really be compared.

PoE is a lot about figuring out builds that are effective and maybe a little less grindy Smile

Both are awesome games tho.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Vosur 7 117 23-03-2014 08:09 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Diablo III Crulax 28 789 31-12-2013 08:25 PM
Last Post: Vosur
  Diablo III kenroos 44 2,559 23-08-2013 12:40 AM
Last Post: Anudist
  Diablo III characters Vosur 19 1,596 16-07-2012 06:57 AM