Patriot Day, September 11th

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 10:11 AM by onlinebiker.)
Patriot Day, September 11th
Not to be confused with Patriots Day. That's something else.

No, this was the brainchild of the second Bush administration, just as " freedom fries" were being served in the White House cafeteria - and for much the same reason.

Let's be honest. September 11th, 2001 had nothing to do with patriots or patriotism.

We didn't lose "3000 patriotic Americans" on that day. Nobody died for anyone else's freedom that day.

People died because they showed up at work.

If you were able to time travel back to September 10th, 2001 and show those people convincing evidence that they'd die the next day at work - it's likely that only a few people would show - the suicidal, and the hijackers.

Nope, this " holiday" got started by a double speaking group of political hacks, to get people on board, patriotic, and ready to go fight the war they had planned.

I say enough already.

There weren't any patriots involved OK? So let's rename this holiday for those it represents. The people who fought for it, and brought it to us. The people who WANTED it...

Make September 11th "National Religious Fanatics Day".

It just might work in this administration.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-09-2017, 07:59 PM
RE: Patriot Day, September 11th
October 26th, PATRIOT Act day.

[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
10-09-2017, 09:08 PM
(10-09-2017 10:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not to be confused with Patriots Day. That's something else.

No, this was the brainchild of the second Bush administration, just as " freedom fries" were being served in the White House cafeteria - and for much the same reason.

Let's be honest. September 11th, 2001 had nothing to do with patriots or patriotism.

We didn't lose "3000 patriotic Americans" on that day. Nobody died for anyone else's freedom that day.

If you were able to time travel back to September 10th, 2001 and show those people convincing evidence that they'd die the next day at work - it's likely that only a few people would show - the suicidal, and the hijackers.

Nope, this " holiday" got started by a double speaking group of political hacks, to get people on board, patriotic, and ready to go fight the war they had planned.

I say enough already.

There weren't any patriots involved OK? So let's rename this holiday for those it represents. The people who fought for it, and brought it to us. The people who WANTED it...

I approve of your cynicism. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Just the other day, I watched Frontline's program on John O'Neill.
He had it figured out, and no one listened to him.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/articl...ommission/
Twice the summer before, intelligence officials went to the White House and slammed their fists on the table, and told the Bushies something was about to happen.
O'Neill knew there were foreign agents taking flight lessons, (as well as Colleen Rawley), and he told someone the night before he thought the World Trade Center would be the object of an attack, as "they liked to see a job completed". My older brother was an air traffic controller at work that day. He says he never ever saw such a bunch of incompetent idiots at the helm.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-09-2017, 02:48 AM
(10-09-2017 09:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 10:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not to be confused with Patriots Day. That's something else.

I say enough already.

I approve of your cynicism. Thumbsup

No cynicysm needed.

Just the facts forming an opinion..

The cynicism is just a bonus.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-09-2017, 02:53 AM
The roots of this are in the soil of the 1960's and a ring was the seed.

The ring has been closing for decades, mostly unnoticed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-09-2017, 06:03 AM
I found the mini series "The Road to 9/11" very good.
Nothing new but it pretty much wrapped everything up into a nice package.
They did say that when the Bush White House came in they warned them about Al Qaeda and they hadn't ever heard of them and looked at them like they had 2 heads.

http://www.history.com/shows/road-to-911

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
11-09-2017, 06:55 AM
Plus it wasn't just "3000...Americans". People from 98 different countries died in the attacks.

My students tell me I'm not that old, but today's an exception in their minds. They can't fathom the 9/11 attacks, because these Freshmen were two years old when it happened and I was in high school; that seems to cement the age gap to them. Was thinking the other night about it, and how the experiences at my school had the thematic elements of a horror story...no one had a cell phone because they weren't very widespread yet, so no one was getting calls from outside. We saw the second of the Twin Towers get hit and there was something about a fire at the Pentagon when it was time to change classes. Then in Science, my teacher told us, "no accident in New York is going to stop us from taking this test". Before the test was over, the Principal banned TV and internet and had people unplug the computers and televisions in the classroom. We were isolated, we were afraid, we had no contact with the outside world...like I said, all very horror themed in hindsight. Then people began to disappear. One by one, they were called to the office, not to return; as our numbers dwindled, we knew something bad had to be happening, but no one knew the cause. It wasn't until I got picked up around 4pm after school that I knew the Twin Towers had collapsed, that a plane hit the Pentagon, and that Flight 93 crashed in rural Pennsylvania.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Any time a politician starts talking about patriotism, I know I'm hearing bullshit. In my 51 years I've yet to see an exception to this rule of thumb.
[+] 14 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-09-2017, 07:55 AM
(11-09-2017 06:55 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  They can't fathom the 9/11 attacks, because these Freshmen were two years old when it happened and I was in high school;

What worries me more is they can't fathom a world before the Patriot Act and all the ensuing Orwellian legislations around the world. They can't fathom a really free world.

If I had a say, I would call it Orwell day. The day when doublespeak became the new norm.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like abaris's post