Patterns Arising from Christian Arguments.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: Patterns Arising from Christian Arguments.
I worked for many years as an engineer, something that demands an understanding of how things work.

I got into a discussion once with a co-worker (also an engineer), who I knew to be a fundamentalist, about evolution. He rejected evolution completely, even when I offered him the out of "intelligent design". I was truly amazed. How could a person who's job depended on an understanding of how things work and the science behind that so readily dismiss science.

I would suggest that any argument with a christian start from the basis that they are delusional. Accepting that leads one to understand that the argument is generally fruitless.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:47 PM by Doctor X.)
Tongue RE: Patterns Arising from Christian Arguments.

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: Patterns Arising from Christian Arguments.
I know it's not a good way to convince them they're wrong, but from time to time its fun to ask them to disprove the existence of Santa Claus. "Well we've been to the poles and there's nothing there" Oh yeah, what if Santa stole a cloaking device from the Klingons "Klingons are from star trek, they're not real" prove it. "what" prove it! Make it so that I can travel to every planet in the universe & when I've seen them all, and none of them have Klingons THEN I'll know Santa isn't alive just invisible. 1 they look at you blankly 2 they'll role their eyes and walk away 3 BUT some will get mad because somewhere in the back of their head they see just how childish their own arguments are.
It doesn't help anything, but 'imaginary friend' damnit I can throw stupid around too if I want Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post