Paul Ryan is a Scum bag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Paul Ryan is a Scum bag
Paul Ryan Sponsored a Bill that Would Allow Rapists to Stop their Victims from Aborting

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
15-08-2012, 04:32 PM
RE: Paul Ryan is a Scum bag
Wow - Just wow.
(B) the life of each human being begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, irrespective of sex, health, function or disability, defect, stage of biological development, or condition of dependency, at which time every human being shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and
[Image: vIVei.jpg]
(2) the Congress affirms that the Congress, each State, the District of Columbia, and all United States territories have the authority to protect the lives of all human beings residing in its respective jurisdictions.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Many times bills/things against abortion and such make me think the following can summarize it: "All 'people' deserve life--until you're born, then screw you--unless your rich."

Ironically, or not so much, wouldn't what he passed be a literal-ish interpretation of the bible that "doesn't apply now" according to some?

Well, in any case I found it funny that a number of years ago a church service (it was on the radio, I only got one station, and I use the radio as the alarm) said that virtually all abortions (hundreds of thousands or millions... can't remember now) were performed by religious people. Made me think if was funny--church can't prevent their own people who believe it to not do it, so they need to pass laws to force everyone of all faiths to abide by it.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
15-08-2012, 05:03 PM
There are those that would claim this makes him the opposite of a scum bag. He is afteral trying to save the life of an unborn child.

J/S

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
15-08-2012, 05:23 PM
(15-08-2012 05:03 PM)germanyt Wrote:  There are those that would claim this makes him the opposite of a scum bag. He is afteral trying to save the life of an unborn child.

J/S

Please define 'unborn child'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 05:28 PM
(15-08-2012 05:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 05:03 PM)germanyt Wrote:  There are those that would claim this makes him the opposite of a scum bag. He is afteral trying to save the life of an unborn child.

J/S

Please define 'unborn child'.

I define it as "dead" technically.... but they normally mean "a cell that could be anything, but probably human given it's in a human incubator...er... woman" or even "a fetus that looks like a frog or other animals' fetus". I say until they celebrate the conception day, the child is only considered a "human" to the parents even after birth. I also don't see a celebration day for "the ultrasound's viewing of a visible human day" or anything either.

Just ignore me tonight, I had a bad day at work, and just discovered I'm going to have to spend my clinicals for my CNA program at a methodist living village (where sermons and such are common, and it's possible I'll have to attend services with older people, and lie for 8 hours-).
15-08-2012, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 11:18 PM by Thomas.)
(15-08-2012 01:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Paul Ryan Sponsored a Bill that Would Allow Rapists to Stop their Victims from Aborting

Yea, Ryan is a big fan of rapists. I heard that he had three over for family dinner just last week. He also wants to let all rapists out of prison and make rape legal.
Obviously I'm just fucking wih you. If you're going to attack him do it with something close to reality. Stop with all the scare tactics. They're not working anymore.

Like Joe Biden, "Romney wants to put blacks back in chains".
That's going to win those votes. He's more like Joke Biden.

The Obama campaign has a new corporate sponser the week, Advil.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
18-08-2012, 10:43 PM
(15-08-2012 11:15 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 01:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Paul Ryan Sponsored a Bill that Would Allow Rapists to Stop their Victims from Aborting

Yea, Ryan is a big fan of rapists. I heard that he had three over for family dinner just last week. He also wants to let all rapists out of prison and make rape legal.
Obviously I'm just fucking wih you. If you're going to attack him do it with something close to reality. Stop with all the scare tactics. They're not working anymore.

Like Joe Biden, "Romney wants to put blacks back in chains".
That's going to win those votes. He's more like Joke Biden.

The Obama campaign has a new corporate sponser the week, Advil.

No doubt. I don't agree with Ryan's faith based point of view that life begins at conception, but the guy is not at all a scumbag. I think the belief that life begins at conception is an extreme point of view only possible to hold onto by faith. But so is the point of view that life only begins when the fetus exits the body (by birth canal or C Section) and takes its first breath.

It is the rare leftist who will actually answer the question when life begins. I will admit to not having a firm answer, but I do hold the opinion that viability is a stark line beyond which abortion is no longer just a choice for the women. I am in favor of restriction on late term abortions for that reason. I think that anyone supporting abortion rights in all circumstances without any exception should be required to answer the question of where life begins. Pretending as if the answer to that question simply doesn't matter is what is extreme in my view.
19-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Irrespective of your views on abortion, the fact that he is giving rapists 'rights' is the scum bag thing here.
To say that rapists have a right and have this power over their victims is fucking disgusting if you ask me.

That is a big problem with law in general, it caters and thinks about the criminal, and doesn't take into account the victim.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-08-2012, 07:37 AM
(19-08-2012 02:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Irrespective of your views on abortion, the fact that he is giving rapists 'rights' is the scum bag thing here.
To say that rapists have a right and have this power over their victims is fucking disgusting if you ask me.

That is a big problem with law in general, it caters and thinks about the criminal, and doesn't take into account the victim.

Ryan was proposing a definition of when life begins only and was mute on the point of whether abortion should be restricted or not. The legislation permitted states to then make laws to address abortion--the standard GOP position on abortion is to repeal Roe v Wade and revert back to state laws. This would in fact open the door to restrictions on abortion, however in no circumstances whatsoever in any way shape or form was Ryan's legislation written to give rapists rights. This is a left wing straw man--the article linked in the OP makes wild speculations and draws specious conclusions about the law Ryan tried to pass.

My personal opinion is this legislation would go too far because it defines a single fertilized egg cell as an independent life. The problem with the legislation is that many states that are dominated by social cons would ban all abortion outright without hesitation. In some places, the debate would shift towards a debate for outlawing birth control which may cut short the 'single cell life forms' created at conception .