Paul Ryan is a Scum bag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Paul Ryan is a Scum bag
PFFFFFFTTTTT!

Always ticks me off to have males discuss what is to happen with a female's life and health. You try being a raped woman, you'd sing a different tune.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
20-08-2012, 03:40 PM
(19-08-2012 07:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 06:26 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Ummm, the baby before it's born. Do you really need to ask this. I'm pro choice but Paul Ryan isn't a scumbag for being pro life. He feels for the life and rights of said child and feels very strongly about it. How does being pro life make someone a bad person? Some of you act like he takes this position just to piss off women.

It's the position that a woman has to carry and birth the child even if she's rapped.

Not Paul Ryan, and I'm not sure where or who it was from. I saw a comment from some congressman recently was that no woman can get pregnant if it really from rape. Not sure how that is justified at all, yet I've also heard a caller on the Atheist Experience once try to claim rape is impossible and 99% of rape cases were lies. Even his two statements alone didn't make sense.

Does Ryan actually have that postion? Does the law actually say that the rapist has rights or is this just speculation from some media whoring "experts?"
21-08-2012, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 09:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
So in the present who-ha over rape, why is it the news outlets are not talking about the fact that Ryan wants to outlaw abortion for rape victims ? Therefore, he wants to make it illegal for your 11/12/13/14/15 year old sister/daughter to end a pregnancy caused by her rapist, unless it can be demonstrated her life is in danger. The fact is, he is as much a nut job as is Todd Akin.

There is something fundamentally philosophically screwy about "ok in the case of incest, rape, and the life of the mother", as the life of the fetus is "innocent", even in these instances, (thinking about that one). Despite this "innocence", while maintaining the clump of cells with no neural tube is a "person", (and has a soul), and despite the fact that they cannot define what the "moment of conception" is, or "fertilization" actually is, they somehow have decided that the value of the "innocent" life is somehow compromised because of an external, essentially unrelated "event". The two events, (the rape, and a later fertilization event"), are connected in the "ok to abort if" paradigm, even though they maintain "god(s) are the cause of life", and "in charge". So a heinous act, which begins a chain of events, justifies an act to stop the subsequent chain, in one case, but a "sinful" act, which begins a chain of events, does not justify a cessation act, simply by the relative (less) "heinousness" of the origination act, in another case. Sounds pretty inconsistent to me. And even the "life of the mother" argument is always a "relative" medical opinion, (in many cases). I think they're making distinctions with no real differences, and ignoring their own god(s) will.

Today the Republicans are actually debating putting a no AB, for any reason, plank in their platform, for this Fall's election.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-08-2012, 10:48 AM
More lies from Paul Ryan: Piece Of Shit

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
21-08-2012, 10:59 AM
(21-08-2012 10:48 AM)Quidsane Wrote:  More lies from Paul Ryan: Piece Of Shit

What? He's a lying, two-faced scumbag? Who'd a thunk it?Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-08-2012, 09:08 PM
As far as his voting record goes while he was in congress Paul Ryan is the most consistently conservative voter. He said to yes to bills like banning gay couples in DC to adopt children and making the patriot act permanent. He also voted no on allowing courts to take god out of the pledge of allegiance and he voted no on enforcing gay hate crimes prosecution. The list goes on and on, pro-coporations, anti-gay and anti-woman. The man is disgusting and has no respect for anyone is who isn't a "person of faith." The link below is a list to his voting history.
http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ry...vil_Rights
[+] 2 users Like Oxiate's post
23-08-2012, 09:16 PM
(20-08-2012 03:40 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 07:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's the position that a woman has to carry and birth the child even if she's rapped.

Not Paul Ryan, and I'm not sure where or who it was from. I saw a comment from some congressman recently was that no woman can get pregnant if it really from rape. Not sure how that is justified at all, yet I've also heard a caller on the Atheist Experience once try to claim rape is impossible and 99% of rape cases were lies. Even his two statements alone didn't make sense.

Does Ryan actually have that postion? Does the law actually say that the rapist has rights or is this just speculation from some media whoring "experts?"

Did you read what I said? It had nothing to do with the article on whether it's true.. I didn't say a thing about rapists rights.

The position is the one the republicans are still readily accepting and now in a tissy over because of this Akin story. They want to make it illegal to have an abortion even in the case of rape... that's why they're scum bags, Paul Ryan included.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Sexism, misogyny, homophobia, bigotry, and hatred? GOP?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROLuHb4SgE0gPhppXLpqb...eRNvL3Hvl1]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
24-08-2012, 03:54 AM
(23-08-2012 09:23 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Sexism, misogyny, homophobia, bigotry, and hatred? GOP?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROLuHb4SgE0gPhppXLpqb...eRNvL3Hvl1]

Yeah huh!

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
24-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Heh, there's a bit of a culture dissonance here. Saying he's a scumbag made me think of something else entirely Tongue

But on Topic:
If he really finds abortion so offensive, and is really so sad for the thousands of "dead unborn babies", then they are going about it all the wrong way. If they really want to fix this, they need to address the issue of why so many unwanted pregnancies are happening in the US in the first place. Prevention is worth a thousand cures, or something like that. Improve education, standard of living, and reduce religion's hold on people, and abortions can be reduced rapidly. They can save a lot more babies that way. But they don't want to do that. They just want to control people.

An Analogy, because i loves me some analogies. I find religion offensive and find it sad that so many children are brainwashed into it. I know that outlawing religion or childhood indoctrination is not the right way to go about eliminating it, however. If we really want to abolish religion, we need to raise awareness, improve education, and raise the standard of living.

So yes, this guy who I had never heard of before, is a twat. He's also an idiot.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post