Paul Ryan is a Scum bag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 06:07 AM
RE: Paul Ryan is a Scum bag
(24-08-2012 04:14 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Heh, there's a bit of a culture dissonance here. Saying he's a scumbag made me think of something else entirely Tongue

But on Topic:
If he really finds abortion so offensive, and is really so sad for the thousands of "dead unborn babies", then they are going about it all the wrong way. If they really want to fix this, they need to address the issue of why so many unwanted pregnancies are happening in the US in the first place. Prevention is worth a thousand cures, or something like that. Improve education, standard of living, and reduce religion's hold on people, and abortions can be reduced rapidly. They can save a lot more babies that way. But they don't want to do that. They just want to control people.

An Analogy, because i loves me some analogies. I find religion offensive and find it sad that so many children are brainwashed into it. I know that outlawing religion or childhood indoctrination is not the right way to go about eliminating it, however. If we really want to abolish religion, we need to raise awareness, improve education, and raise the standard of living.

So yes, this guy who I had never heard of before, is a twat. He's also an idiot.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Unfortunately, the Republicans are also against the prevention: education, birth control, science, critical thinking, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-08-2012, 06:52 AM
(24-08-2012 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 04:14 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Heh, there's a bit of a culture dissonance here. Saying he's a scumbag made me think of something else entirely Tongue

But on Topic:
If he really finds abortion so offensive, and is really so sad for the thousands of "dead unborn babies", then they are going about it all the wrong way. If they really want to fix this, they need to address the issue of why so many unwanted pregnancies are happening in the US in the first place. Prevention is worth a thousand cures, or something like that. Improve education, standard of living, and reduce religion's hold on people, and abortions can be reduced rapidly. They can save a lot more babies that way. But they don't want to do that. They just want to control people.

An Analogy, because i loves me some analogies. I find religion offensive and find it sad that so many children are brainwashed into it. I know that outlawing religion or childhood indoctrination is not the right way to go about eliminating it, however. If we really want to abolish religion, we need to raise awareness, improve education, and raise the standard of living.

So yes, this guy who I had never heard of before, is a twat. He's also an idiot.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Unfortunately, the Republicans are also against the prevention: education, birth control, science, critical thinking, ...

Not too mention all the social ails that are inflicted on society by having a ton of unwanted kids run around, and the injustice these kids have to endure.

Child abuse and child neglect are just the tip of the iceberg, the trouble that results from the poor kids growing up that way has far reaching effects on crime and society in general.

The result of such idiotic policies affects every one of us.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Mr Deity seems to have picked up on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBhRyOF5C...re=g-all-u

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
24-08-2012, 01:31 PM
I think it's funny he's anti-abortion, but I'll bet if you talked to him he'd sit there and say that one could give a child up for adoption.

I actually had this discussion with a theist on this very thing. He was like "If there are so many kids waiting to be adopted then why are there waiting lists."
My response:

There are over half a million children waiting to be adopted according to (insert site here that I misplaced the link to like an idiot.) (I think it might have either been in the state or just in the US, I sincerely doubt it was world wide for obvious reasons.)
There are about 100 thousand that are adopted a year while 180 thousand put into the system.
Waiting list is a vague descriptor as there are more than one. If you are on a list most likely you're either too picky (wanting that perfect little baby that they just don't have an order in for yet), or they're making sure that you're a fit parent because the site I looked at stated you were on a wait list for about 6 months so they could observe your home, see what you were doing to prepare for a child, etc. to make sure they were putting the kid in a good home.

So while even I would prefer adoption, I think people who are staunchly anti-abortion-no-matter-what are typically short sighted...

Also: I am ashamed that he's from my home town...

I doodle.
A lot.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
24-08-2012, 01:44 PM
(24-08-2012 12:59 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Mr Deity seems to have picked up on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBhRyOF5C...re=g-all-u

Awesome!Yes

24-08-2012, 01:46 PM
(24-08-2012 01:31 PM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  Also: I am ashamed that he's from my home town...

As well you should be.
The sins of the legislator are visited upon the constituents unto the fourth generation. Morons 21:16

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:I'm very proud of my pro-life record, and I've always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life.
http://gawker.com/5937880/paul-ryan-refe...conception

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
30-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Great article on Slate about what's wrong with Ryan.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/comme...51085.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-08-2012, 11:17 AM
(30-08-2012 09:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great article on Slate about what's wrong with Ryan.

Bucky, the author of this article says "You (speaking to paul ryan) even embraced the delusion that government is a threat to Medicare, when in fact government is the funder of Medicare. "

How can we take seriously someone who says this? If he had said "a funder of Medicare" there might be some discussion (since government contributes), but to say that government funds medicare ignores the deduction made from every american-worker's paycheck to pay into medicare, plus employers pay an additional amount per employee into medicare with every paycheck.

And since all those medicare deductions were paid into a fund, and then spent by the government for other purposes, it requires the government to re-raise those funds at a later time when they are needed. But what if the government can't raise the funds when they are needed? That's the threat to medicare, and to say that it's a delusion is to ignore something that is already happening.

If you (the author) are going to write a hit piece questioning the accuracy of a candidate's claims then be scrupulous in quoting the facts and the reality of a situation. Given that this author didn't do this, I don't take his claims seriously.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
30-08-2012, 11:26 AM
(30-08-2012 11:17 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 09:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great article on Slate about what's wrong with Ryan.

Bucky, the author of this article says "You (speaking to paul ryan) even embraced the delusion that government is a threat to Medicare, when in fact government is the funder of Medicare. "

How can we take seriously someone who says this? If he had said "a funder of Medicare" there might be some discussion (since government contributes), but to say that government funds medicare ignores the deduction made from every american-worker's paycheck to pay into medicare, plus employers pay an additional amount per employee into medicare with every paycheck.

And since all those medicare deductions were paid into a fund, and then spent by the government for other purposes, it requires the government to re-raise those funds at a later time when they are needed. But what if the government can't raise the funds when they are needed? That's the threat to medicare, and to say that it's a delusion is to ignore something that is already happening.

If you (the author) are going to write a hit piece questioning the accuracy of a candidate's claims then be scrupulous in quoting the facts and the reality of a situation. Given that this author didn't do this, I don't take his claims seriously.

I agree. That's not really the problem with Medicare, though.
1. I object to Ryan's hypocrisy re the military spending. I didn't even get that far, (and his fundie social crap).
2. We can't even start to deal with Medicare until the business of 2/3 or more of it being spent for the last two to three weeks of life care on stuff that shouldn't even be done at all, is addressed. That is the REAL problem. They deflected it, by the "death panels", thing, (the Tea Party), but someone HAS to talk about death. It simply is not acceptable to discuss death in this culture.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post