Paul Ryan is a Scum bag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: Paul Ryan is a Scum bag
(20-08-2012 06:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 06:26 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Ummm, the baby before it's born. Do you really need to ask this. I'm pro choice but Paul Ryan isn't a scumbag for being pro life. He feels for the life and rights of said child and feels very strongly about it. How does being pro life make someone a bad person? Some of you act like he takes this position just to piss off women.

So is the fetus an unborn child from:
  • the moment of conception?
  • the moment the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall?
  • the moment the fetus surpasses X number of cells?
  • the moment that the fetus has a heartbeat?
  • the moment that the fetus is discernibly human?
  • the moment that the fetus becomes viable outside the womb?

Or "other", please specify.

That's really a question for Paul Ryan. If he feels that a child is a child at conception then I still wouldn't call him a scum bag. Irrational maybe but not a scum bag. Since there is no right answer there is no wrong answer. It's just how a person feels.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 12:05 PM
(30-08-2012 11:37 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 06:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  So is the fetus an unborn child from:
  • the moment of conception?
  • the moment the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall?
  • the moment the fetus surpasses X number of cells?
  • the moment that the fetus has a heartbeat?
  • the moment that the fetus is discernibly human?
  • the moment that the fetus becomes viable outside the womb?

Or "other", please specify.

That's really a question for Paul Ryan. If he feels that a child is a child at conception then I still wouldn't call him a scum bag. Irrational maybe but not a scum bag. Since there is no right answer there is no wrong answer. It's just how a person feels.

Not really. It's a question for all of us. It's a question the answer to which will become enshrined in law. This kind of ethical question/answer is part of what forms our social contract.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I thought this was an insightful analysis of the most important speech of Paul Ryan's life:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/3...hree-words

Quote:[T]o anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.

Can't believe it came from a Fox commentator.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
30-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Life began 1.8 billion years ago, all it has done since has been change form. Life doesn't become human until education, socialization, civilization; so yeah, anything under 18. Big Grin

Not a big fan of kids... Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-08-2012, 03:06 PM
(30-08-2012 02:54 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Life began 1.8 billion years ago, all it has done since has been change form. Life doesn't become human until education, socialization, civilization; so yeah, anything under 18. Big Grin

Not a big fan of kids... Angel

Don't tell A2.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-08-2012, 03:53 PM
(30-08-2012 11:17 AM)Jeff Wrote:  How can we take seriously someone who says this?

The real reason why we shouldn't take this guy seriously is because he took Paul Ryan seriously, only weeks prior.

Quote:"[Paul Ryan]’s what a Republican should be: an honest, open-minded, solution-oriented fiscal conservative."

Someone wasn't paying attention.

He must have been one of the same people who thought that Barack Obama was going to end racism, immediately stop two wars, fire every corrupt asshole from Washington to Wall Street, and sprinkle magic pixie dust over the world economy, magically returning countries to full employment and ending debt crises around the world, all while passing out free universal health care to everyone.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
30-08-2012, 04:45 PM
(30-08-2012 12:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 11:37 AM)germanyt Wrote:  That's really a question for Paul Ryan. If he feels that a child is a child at conception then I still wouldn't call him a scum bag. Irrational maybe but not a scum bag. Since there is no right answer there is no wrong answer. It's just how a person feels.

Not really. It's a question for all of us. It's a question the answer to which will become enshrined in law. This kind of ethical question/answer is part of what forms our social contract.

I disagree with you. I think in regards to compromise the 1st trimester is a good one when it comes to the legality of abortion but you can legally define what makes someone a scumbag. That's ridiculous. You're basically suggesting that if 8.75 months makes the fetus a child then disagreeing with abortion at 8.74 months makes one a scumbag. I'm sorry, I just don't hate anyone for being pro-life. Not suggesting you do either but you have to admit that this is a very subjective subject.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-08-2012, 05:13 PM
(30-08-2012 04:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 12:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not really. It's a question for all of us. It's a question the answer to which will become enshrined in law. This kind of ethical question/answer is part of what forms our social contract.

I disagree with you. I think in regards to compromise the 1st trimester is a good one when it comes to the legality of abortion but you can legally define what makes someone a scumbag. That's ridiculous. You're basically suggesting that if 8.75 months makes the fetus a child then disagreeing with abortion at 8.74 months makes one a scumbag. I'm sorry, I just don't hate anyone for being pro-life. Not suggesting you do either but you have to admit that this is a very subjective subject.

I agree that it is a subjective and emotional topic and debate. What I said is that we have to have the debate and come to a conclusion. The law will reflect consensus.

What are you disagreeing with?

30-08-2012, 05:25 PM
(30-08-2012 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 04:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I disagree with you. I think in regards to compromise the 1st trimester is a good one when it comes to the legality of abortion but you can legally define what makes someone a scumbag. That's ridiculous. You're basically suggesting that if 8.75 months makes the fetus a child then disagreeing with abortion at 8.74 months makes one a scumbag. I'm sorry, I just don't hate anyone for being pro-life. Not suggesting you do either but you have to admit that this is a very subjective subject.

I agree that it is a subjective and emotional topic and debate. What I said is that we have to have the debate and come to a conclusion. The law will reflect consensus.

I disagree that disagreeing with abortion makes you a scumbag. I think that perhaps people should stop being so offended by an opposing position.

-Mark Twain
30-08-2012, 05:34 PM
(30-08-2012 05:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  I agree that it is a subjective and emotional topic and debate. What I said is that we have to have the debate and come to a conclusion. The law will reflect consensus.

I disagree that disagreeing with abortion makes you a scumbag. I think that perhaps people should stop being so offended by an opposing position.

Then you are not disagreeing with anything I've said.Consider