Paula Dean

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 10:24 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Paula Dean
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/28/us/georgia...?hpt=hp_t1

Well up until a few days ago, I never really cared to know about this woman. The cuisine she serves up is a heart attack waiting to happen, she's an ignorant idiot, and like a lot of southerners blissfully stumbles into being an offensive embarrassment without even knowing it.

But this is so newsworthy that Jimmy Carter has to come on TV and defender her? And the whole fucking story about Paula and her troubled mouth is even newsworthy?......How?

More culture of Kardashian bullshit. I'm not saying all news should be on heavy serious subject. It just annoys me that this stupid tale hangs on for five whole days and no signs of going away soon. Was she a racist? Yeah. At this point who cares. They fired her on the Food Network. Let it go at that.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Paula Dean
Yeah, this doesn't impact the world at all. She was heinous, got fired. Let's try to talk about our environment or the fact we're the biggest consumers on the planet, enough with the dramatic overlay.
Thx.
Ps, if you couldn't tell I hate the fact that we spend time talking about superficial garbage and as a culture ignore the issues with the most importance.

Resurrect Hitchens
28-06-2013, 04:45 PM
(28-06-2013 04:38 PM)SalientMonkey Wrote:  Yeah, this doesn't impact the world at all. She was heinous, got fired. Let's try to talk about our environment or the fact we're the biggest consumers on the planet, enough with the dramatic overlay.
Thx.
Ps, if you couldn't tell I hate the fact that we spend time talking about superficial garbage and as a culture ignore the issues with the most importance.

Its all cult of personality bs, her popularity has been in decline for a while now and this was the last straw for many of her business partners.

Joke section

I don't know what Kim and Kanye are gonna call their baby but it can't be worse than what Paula Dean is going to.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-06-2013, 04:46 PM
She is no different than any other person of her age and upbringing. It's not like she is harmful or calls for anything bad to be done in the name of racism.

If everyone who once used that word in the south was fired, we'd have a whole generation of unemployed people.

I think it's overkill, and it most certainly isn't news. It's common behavior in a generation that is dying out. It doesn't reflect current politics, nor will it ever have any influence on anything.

There are a lot more important things that should be in the news, like Syria.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
28-06-2013, 04:53 PM
(28-06-2013 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 04:38 PM)SalientMonkey Wrote:  Yeah, this doesn't impact the world at all. She was heinous, got fired. Let's try to talk about our environment or the fact we're the biggest consumers on the planet, enough with the dramatic overlay.
Thx.

Its all cult of personality bs, her popularity has been in decline for a while now and this was the last straw for many of her business partners.

Joke section

I don't know what Kim and Kanye are gonna call their baby but it can't be worse than what Paula Dean is going to.

Who names their kid north west... sigh.

Resurrect Hitchens
28-06-2013, 05:00 PM
(28-06-2013 04:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  She is no different than any other person of her age and upbringing. It's not like she is harmful or calls for anything bad to be done in the name of racism.

If everyone who once used that word in the south was fired, we'd have a whole generation of unemployed people.

I think it's overkill, and it most certainly isn't news. It's common behavior in a generation that is dying out. It doesn't reflect current politics, nor will it ever have any influence on anything.

There are a lot more important things that should be in the news, like Syria.

She was nationally televised and had national exposure for her endorsements. I'm sorry she's not smart enough to understand that her shit stinks.

She has brought about her own downfall.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Ok, how come the fact that Paula Deen used the N-word one too many times is apparently more newsworthy than wanting black men to dress as and play slaves in a Civil War themed wedding reception? Granted, using the N-word is bad, but I would think the media would be all over the wedding reception like flies on an ass.

[Image: mrsnail.gif]
28-06-2013, 06:01 PM
(28-06-2013 04:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/28/us/georgia...?hpt=hp_t1

Well up until a few days ago, I never really cared to know about this woman. The cuisine she serves up is a heart attack waiting to happen, she's an ignorant idiot, and like a lot of southerners blissfully stumbles into being an offensive embarrassment without even knowing it.

But this is so newsworthy that Jimmy Carter has to come on TV and defender her? And the whoe fuckingnstory about Paula and her troubled mouth is even newsworthy?......How?

More culture of Kardashian bullshit. I'm not saying all news should be on heavy serious subject. It just annoys me that this stupid tale hangs on for five whole days and no signs of going away soon. Was she a racist? Yeah. At this point who cares. They fired her on the Food Network. Let it go at that.

Network news is a joke, they would rather report on fluff and celebrity scandals all day than actually inform the public on anything of substance. They should be exposing the public health hazards of gas drilling/fraking, or digging into some real public health crisis and political issues or covering some real foreign affairs...but of course that would upset their advertisers and parent corporations so instead we get this:

WTF CNN?!

28-06-2013, 06:22 PM
(28-06-2013 06:01 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Network news is a joke, they would rather report on fluff and celebrity scandals all day than actually inform the public on anything of substance. They should be exposing the public health hazards of gas drilling/fraking, or digging into some real public health crisis and political issues or covering some real foreign affairs...but of course that would upset their advertisers and parent corporations so instead we get this:
Well, their ratings would plummet, and everyone would watch "E News" instead, which is basically the same thing but at least doesn't pretend to be anything but celebrity gossip.

But yeah, this is why I don't watch tv news at all anymore.

As for Paula Deen, fuck her and the butter she rode in on anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
28-06-2013, 06:44 PM
When I was growing up the news wasn't on 24 hours a day and when it did air it was serious stuff with what today would be considered dour newscasters. Chet Huntley and David Brinkley were not lighthearted like Brian Williams and the others. They wouldn't make it in the news business today.

Now the news is on all day and all night so they have to fill the time up with something and what is it that they fill it with? Paula Dean, Kim K and her stupid family problems and a bunch of other fluff. There is almost no difference between the serious news and celebrity news. It's all the same.

One observation on the Dean story. I think this woman is so annoying that even her sponsors don't like her and now they have a good excuse to drop her. I'm ashamed to say that she and I share the same gender. I hope Paula Dean Kim Kardashian and Kathy Gifford (on the Today show) get stuck on some desert island somewhere. They're cut out of the same cloth.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”